Middle GA SCCA Rallycross!

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by madkayaker, May 26, 2013.

1. madkayaker

madkayaker Member

2. madkayaker

madkayaker Member

I made a new thread for the next event in the events section, but wanted to give an update to my last post here as well. The location listed on my last post was Paradise Off Road Park. We have decided that the size of the field we were permitted to use will be too small and the location we used for the ATL event is available for us to share, so we moved it to Durhamtown Plantation Resort.

Here is the preregistration link with the updated address and info: https://www.motorsportreg.com/index....0#.UjjUDz-GdGM Please preregister if you're planning to come.

3. madkayaker

madkayaker Member

We had another great event yesterday! Thanks to those who came! Details for the next event will be posted soon.

4. madkayaker

madkayaker Member

5. madkayaker

madkayaker Member

Rallycross is back! We have an awesome new location that is only about 30-40 minutes from Macon, so come check it out even if you aren't quite convinced to get your car dirty. All of the info (directions, time, cost, etc) you may need should be in the link. If you have any questions about car classing or anything like that, feel free to ask. The land owner is a fellow Middle GA SCCA member and will be racing with us, so this will be a solid and dependable location! Also there is no spectator fee. You may want to bring lunch with you as there aren't any nearby places to eat.

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index....36970-C74C-B046-6BDAE3E992FADF52#.UvOEabReMlL

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  6. b reel

b reel Active Member

link no work or in the other post you made

7. madkayaker

madkayaker Member

fixed... Thanks!

8. Stetson

Stetson Member

I am really looking forward to making one of the events, this looks like a LOT of fun. Not sure how fast I will be coming from an asphalt background - but I am pretty sure I'll have a great time!

9. madkayaker

madkayaker Member

It will be fun either way, you should definitely come! It's a different style of driving for sure, but you'll pick it up quick. I'd be happy to ride along with you and give pointers if you'd like. I've been to Dirtfish and Bill Gwynne's rally school, so even though I don't always do what is correct, I can usually tell someone what they are doing wrong (or right).

10. madkayaker

madkayaker Member

Here's the next event: Hope to see some more of y'all there!

The Next Middle GA rallycross is set for April 26th at the same location as last time. It was an awesome location and is very car friendly... flat, hard packed, red clay. Come out and have some fun! Take exit 149 from I- 75, go east on 49, and the entrance is 2 miles on the right. There will be a sign at the entrance. If you have questions between this Sat and and next Sat that can't wait, please send them through the contact link on the registration page below (I will be out of the country and won't have internet or phone service). Also, we've been a little slack at the last events, but the first car on course will be starting promptly at 10:30, so please get there and get signed in with enough time to prep your car and walk to course prior to the drivers meeting at 10:15. Please share this on your pages as well... The more the merrier!

http://msreg.com/mga-rally-14-3