Moving to STU

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by Meredith, Jun 11, 2007.

1. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

its all sweet pea's fault...put him in the corner!

2. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

I was able to get the drivetrain/suspension is just about done this week:

kw v3 coilovers with 8k/7k spring rates
    cusco camber plates front and rear
    32mm fsb (waiting on whiteline 27mm fsb to arrive)
    24mm whiteline rsb
    whiteline spherical endlinks for front and rear

groupN engine/tranny/pitchstop mounts
    TiC tranny crossmember bushings (stock ones are like jello)
    TiC diff mount bushings - RACE
    Kartboy rear subframe outrigger bushings - RACE
    whiteline kca375m lca offset bushings - RACE

Mere ordered and AP v2 today, so we can get launch control :) I have a stromung shorty DP waiting to go on once the high flow catted midpipe arrives, which I ordered today also.

I set the ride height to 13.75" rear and 14" front, which seems fine for now. We are getting an alignment tomorrow, so that it will be all set for the 24hr autoX this weekend in charlotte.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2007
  3. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

Nice. My gf just bought a house in your neighborhood and we hear the sti driving by all the time lol

4. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

:bigthumb: Awesome guys, can't wait to hear the results.

5. Meredith

Meredith Banned

launch control..........

6. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

well now i need a ride in it with the new suspension...sausage party next week?

7. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Car felt pretty damn good at the event over the weekend (24hr autoX in charlotte), and I can't wait to add some power to it, and finish sorting out the suspension. It is a blast to drive with the new setup.

Thanks a lot to Will for his help with the setup!

8. Lutfy

Lutfy Member

Brian,

Whats your alignment specs like?

Glad you are enjoying the ride. I just did a few changes to the car (mostly suspension), basically our cars are now identical ;)

Ahmad

9. Meredith

Meredith Banned

On the higher speed courses teh car was pushing alot... we soften up the compression on teh front but the car isn't ass happy like i want it. We ordered some different spring rates (higher rates in the rear) per Hoppe's suggestions. Right now we are running 2.8 degrees of negative camber and some ungodly amount of caster thanks to Will!

10. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

Hmmm... Wouldnt a massive amount of caster have adverse affects for what you're doing? the inside wheel increases (less negative) camber when caster is present. In dirt racing you need to dig in with that outer wheel to make the turn, but I would think that on pavement a lot is too much. I'm just asking for opinions here. This is just me thinking out loud.

11. Meredith

Meredith Banned

ummm doesn't castor create dynamic negative camber with turn in? I'll let Will-king-of-castor Mayhem answer!

12. WJM

WJM Banned

caster gives OUTSIDE wheel more negative camber with steering input...and DECREASES the inside wheel's negative camber.

Suppose you've got +8 caster and -2 camber.

You turn into a right hand corner, it requires 45 degrees of steering wheel input on an 02~04 WRX.

The RF wheel is going to go from -2.0 camber to approximately -2.8 camber. The LF wheel is going to go from -2.0 camber to ~0.0 or possible a little positive.

With stock caster for an STi (+4.4) you'd probably see -2.0 at the RF and -1.5 on the LF under the same conditions.

Get it now?

13. Captain Slow

Captain Slow Member

Well, me winning was fun while it lasted. :-(

14. WJM

WJM Banned

hahaha.

yeah...as soon as I get all the cobwebs out of my brain and finish the WRX...it should give a well prepped STU STi a run for its money.

15. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

got something in the mail today for the car :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2007
  16. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

APR GTC-300
    span of 67 inches and a height of 13 inches,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2007
  17. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

:banana: Freaking awesome!!