Mud flaps

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by Scrowley, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Scrowley

Scrowley Member

I've been wanting mud flaps for awhile now, i'll be honest.. mainly for looks.

Rally Armor seems to be the way to go, found some on ebay 110 shipped.. somewhat pricey, but i'm sure they are nice.

Who has them, that would stand by their quality ?

2. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

well, i've got the older non-flex RA flaps on my car. After about a year the logo is mostly uv faded, and the flap itself is 'bowed' from air resistance from driving. Yes, they do work and help save paint somewhat, but when these things are spent I'm going the Ikea cutting board route that I think I saw on nasioc or iwsti. It's literally the same exact plastic as the RA's

3. pankopp

pankopp Member

I have the UR rally armor flaps and love them. They seem to be holding their shape pretty well so far.

4. Scrowley

Scrowley Member

How long have you had them on ?

5. Scrowley

Scrowley Member

Crazyazn, that's what i'm afraid of. Not worried about the logo fading, but bowing in. I will have to to look into the cutting board thing, curious.

6. pankopp

pankopp Member

Probably about 8 months or so...

7. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-us; ADR6400L Build/IML74K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Yeah I think if you go with the hard plastic ones they will always bow after time. The soft ones are neat but I personally don't care for the shininess of it.

8. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Ive had rally armor flaps for well over 3 years. They are still holding up great.

9. Scrowley

Scrowley Member

Thanks guys. I found another maker, "Flapatax" $45.00 for a set.

Seems they are pretty good, too.

10. rsutton1223

rsutton1223 Obsessed Supporting Member

They work which is what I got them for. But...I am not a fan of the looks of flaps on cars so I only put them on the front for protection. The rear I leave for my 265's spraying crap all over crazyazn's car.

11. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

I originally went the Ikea route, and they worked great, but one broke. Now Ikea only sells bright red and bright green. Boo.

12. Scrowley

Scrowley Member

After reading multiple reviews on them, I ordered a set of the Flapatax flaps.

[​IMG]

They are quite sturdy, and flexible enough. Great fit, and perfect size. They look great in my opinion. For $45.00 plus $12.00 shipping, I am very pleased.

13. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Do the bright green. IA would welcome you with a red carpet.