My 06

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by bluetwo, Apr 27, 2006.

1. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

May as well make a journal I guess. I mean, maybe someone else will want to take a similar path.

She started life out like any other WRX non-Limited with no spoiler or heated seats and I
    bought her at SOG. This was at the 555th Member Party. I named her Sarah cause I'm a dork...
    [​IMG]

Talk about a stock car! Lol.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I said I wouldn't do many modifications when I first got the car, but of course that lasted all of about 3 days. Here she is (below) after
    the Tein SSP's were installed and with the Rota Tarmac II's on top of the parking deck at the GA Tech auto show.

[​IMG]

The engine mods by this point consisted of EcuTek tuning with SS with a PDE downpipe, STi intercooler and Prodrive axleback exhaust. Because of timing issues with the 06 ECU max boost isn't yet possible from the stock turbo and only a conservative 14 PSI is coming out for just a shade or two over stock HP. An estimated 250 WHP 320 W/ft.lbs. could've been possible if not for the torque restricting timing issue... Basically the turbo could spool up almost instantly, but the ECU puts so much timing in below 3800 RPM's that it's not safe to boost that much until around 4000. SS is telling me that eventually they'll get it worked out. (which they did few months later)...

Here she is after a trunk w/ spoiler swap in Kennesaw somewhere....

[​IMG]

I put on a CAI two weeks ago just for fun, which I recommend you give yourself an hour or two for if you're going to do it in your drive way.

Future plans are to max the TD04 out and maybe one day move up to a bigger turbo.

Smaller mods include:
    STi high pressure radiator caps,
    Prodrive Battery tie down,
    Prodrive oil cap,
    Prodrive Y-pipe,
    Sparco shift knob,
    OEM WRX dead pedal,
    Lamco boost, oil temp, and voltage gauges.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2007
  2. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

Mmm sexy

3. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Great journal, eager to see more!

4. 1984

1984 Member

Sexy. I was thinking about buying a set of Rota G Force wheels in gunmetal, but now that I've seen the gold ones on your car I might go gold :)

5. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Cool man. I actually thought seriously about the Ultralegarras but they were priced a whole lot more than the Rota's.

I'd really like to have some 04 Gold STi wheels, but those are just so hard to come by.

6. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

defintaly a nice ride man, and unique, not to many 06's rolling around modded right now.

7. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

looking good

8. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Thanks a helluvalot guys. This car has been over 15 months in the making. 12 of which I spent in Iraq fighting the insurgents in my own way and saving up for my beloved WRX.

The little bit of love you get here and there from fellow Suby lovers makes it all worthwhile. :bigthumb: .....well, that and other things.

9. savsuby

savsuby Member

your car looks great

10. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

The car looks a lot meanier riding lower. Good job!

11. Turbonater

Turbonater Member

Your car looks great man. Maybe put a lil bit o' tint on the windows???

I've really warmed up to the 06 face.

12. suby113

suby113 Member

looks Good See ya tonight in person! :naughty:

13. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Here's the updated mod list. I'll post some pictures of the car, after the repairs to the front door, when I get it back.

Engine:
    STi Intercooler
    Injen CAI
    PDE Downpipe
    ProDrive Axleback
    ECUtek tune, SS style

Suspension:
    Tein Super Street Dampers
    Whiteline sway bars... 27 F, 26 R
    Whiteline end links
    Performance Alignment + Corner Balancing.
    Cobb Strut Tower Brace, front.

Wheels/Tires:
    STi BBS's
    Fusion ZRi 245/45/17's

Smaller mods:
    STi high pressure radiator caps,
    STi back dash, 3rd brake light delete,
    STi DS wiper (laugh it up)
    Prodrive Battery tie down,
    Prodrive oil cap,
    Prodrive Y-pipe,
    Sparco shift knob,
    OEM type WRX dead pedal,
    Omori boost, Lamco oil temp and voltage gauges.
    50% Tint so it's not too ricey and fake

ScanGuage II (an awesome OBD2 monitor and code reader)

Last edited: Apr 25, 2007
  14. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

I got the dent fixed a while back, but I thought I'd post some new pics anyway. About all that's new is the 50% tint...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...and the XM Radio. But that doesn't really count. :)

15. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

looking good bro....

you back in town now??

16. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Hell yeah man. Speaking of which I may need to hit you up sometime. :D

But really it's great to be here. I love taking some time off after a hard 12 weeks of training.

17. Alex

Looks sexy as hell :)

18. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Thanks brotha. I'm little bummed though. Nobody noticed the artsy fartsy sprinkler in the background yet though. :rofl:

19. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

lookin good

20. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Thanks Milo. And thanks to SS she's running a lot better now... or faster... or both actually.

I'm finally able to get the full use out of the stock turbo, which is 18 PSI and we're sure she's hitting well over 300 ft. lbs. and in the neighborhood of 250 horses. And I couldn't be more happy with a such basic powertrain setup.

21. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

glad to hear ur happy :)

22. Alex

Awesome!

23. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

I've definitely lovin it. The car is so much faster, now I catch myself saying damn this things fast!

24. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Is it wrong to bump you own thread? Oh well fvck it. I haven't updated my journal in forever so here's some new pics and stuff and junk.

[​IMG]
    I'm like a made tyte JDM pimp!... ....or maybe not......
    [​IMG]

I'm finally starting to seriously consider a turbo upgrade. Thinking VF39 and 3" exhaust. My goal all along was to make this car close to if not a shade faster than an STi so... we'll see.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2007
  25. andy251203

andy251203 Member

Putting a VF39 on a 2.5L WRX is pretty much identical to an STi setup. Go for bigger! The displacement can handle it!

26. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

:werd:

looking good man!

27. very nice WRX..... im kinda running the same set up as you.
    STi Top Mount
    Perrin Catless 3" Down-Pipe
    3" HKS Hi-Power Exhaust
    off the self map(AP)
    so you're tuned and im not....

umm i wonder whos... :D

28. Greg

Greg Active Member

Lookin good man! (I wearing that same shirt right now ;))

29. Nitro

Nitro Active Member

good job on the whip so far bro...................it shows:drool:

30. pEd

Car's looking good as ever....
    Also looks like it's cold as hell out there.

31. Alex

sz65!

32. Greg

Greg Active Member

^ :beer:

33. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Thanks for the love yall. It's definitely cold as fawk up here but at least the car loves it! :D

I guess I could go bigger than teh STi turbo. New turbos are just so expensive! :( But I'm probably going to be waiting until I get back from Iraq again around this time 2008. That is of course assuming I come back this time.

The money we make on deployments is great though. That and the fact that we basically just don't spend any money all year.

34. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Looks great! :bigthumb:

35. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

be positive man :)
    u'll be back to mod the heck out of your car :bigthumb:

36. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Thanks for the love Milo. I'm definitely gonna do everything I can. But to be honest keeping my young soldiers safe is my first priority.

Here's some new pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Why so many pics? I'm absolutely, completely satisfied with where my car is and about all I want to do is upgrade the wear out parts, as they wear out. BTW I have nearly 30,000 miles on the stock brakes and they're not even close to being worn out, and trust me. That's not 30,000 easy miles. The setup is just that good. Eat that Brembo!

37. Greg

Greg Active Member

Heh, I'm half way through my second set of pads at 26,000. Lord knows this car is driven for what its made for on a regular basis

38. Alex

Pssh, you know you want a s203 hazard and reworked lamps ;)

....Car is looking great btw :D

39. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Well here's the last thing I'll be getting for her for a while. And this is what she'll look like until I get home.
    [​IMG]

40. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

nice, it's like a suby condom. does it protect against diseases as well as pregnancies.

41. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Um, well it should protect against pine sap and shit but I'm not worried about pregnancy because of the birth control.

42. Silva253

Silva253 New Member

I think it's just good to get all those bugs off after so long on the road. Even a car is good for some rest and relaxation;). But, yeah, it's a good thing you're leaving it where someone will get to exercise it.

Great pictures :). But, I know the car is pretty awesome just by seeing it in person and riding in it!

43. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Thanks Silva :D

God I miss her so much. I can't wait til I get back from Iraq.... we're gonna rock the house when I go on R&R.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
  44. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Just thought I would add some updated pictures to my journal. I realized that I had changed some of the parts list but hadn't put any new pics up yet.

[​IMG]

45. KwikLyne

KwikLyne New Member

nice car bro, i remember that parking deck. i graduated from tech in '07.

46. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Here's a little more fun. This thing lets in all kinds of new sounds, or at least the same one at a different pitch or something.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

47. pEd

Looks great!! Are you back in town??

48. 2thAche

2thAche Member

I've never seen anything like that.

49. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard