My 2002 Subaru WRX SRP

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by Suby1128, May 23, 2006.

1. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

In June 2002 I became the proud owner of a beautiful Sedona Red Pearl WRX Sedan. I was only 15 at the time, we got it early enough so that I could properly learn a stick shift with adult supervision before being let loose on the road. Optional Extras Included: Rear Spoiler, Cabin Air Filter, Upgraded Speakers minus the sub, Subaru Security System, and a Titanium Shift Knob.

[​IMG]

Around october I was convinced I needed a Turbo Timer, so we bought a Blitz DTT and had it installed. I only recently found out they attached it to the wrong hose so I wouldn't read vacuum, nor would I read boost properly :fawk: .

[​IMG]

My parents wouldn't let me modify my car, until that first christmas I managed to get a sound system. They bought me a 10" Infinity Subwoofer, but didn't know that I needed an amplifier so ended spending more on the present than they did :wiggle: .

[​IMG]

Around April of 2003, knowing my dad liked business proposals and wouldn't even hear anything I had to say about my car (he is not a car modding person, but that's alright), I e-mailed him a powerpoint presentation on why I wanted a Blow Off Valve.

Success! 2 Weeks later I received and installed a TurboXS Type-H BOV. My car was turning heads left and right at my high school, sounding cooler than any BMW or Mercedes in the private school's parking lot.

For my Birthday (November 2003) My little sister bought me a SUBARU banner for my windshield, I loved it!

[​IMG]

TRAGEDY! in January 2004 I met the rear end of a late model Altima, and the Altima won!

[​IMG]

While it was in the shop I got clear sidemarkers from a girlfriend (she knew the way to my heart!) and because Classic Collision took so long to repair my car I got sideskirts painted for free!

[​IMG]

I got a 1380 on my SAT that spring and we went to celebrate, after a few drinks (my dad not me) I told my dad he should reward me with some rims. This was the result of that conversation:

[​IMG]

By then I knew it was time to lower the car and clear the headlights. I figured while I did those I would be as well debadge the trunk and replace the clear sidemarkers with carbon fiber.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That summer Jason Porter talked me into a Kartboy Short Shifter from Subaru of Gwinnett, and I sold my sound system :devil: .

I took off the SUBARU decal on my windshield because, as much as I liked it, it was drawing the wrong kind of attention.

Then came the real mods: November 2004 I got an uppipe installed, and in December I bought a used STi Catback.

In Spring 2005 I got myself a Stromung Shorty Downpipe.

May 2005 I treated myself to Radon's 2.5" Stromung dual tip axelback.

I painted my headlights in the summer and bought some Autometer gauges from Joe.

[​IMG]

Finally, I bought an Accessport and ran it stage 2, receiving 227whp and 224wtq.

I have since then removed my gauges, and taken off my BOV. Since taking off the BOV I am already seeing a 3 mpg gas mileage improvement!

I will have more pictures up as soon as I have time to give her a proper clean this weekend, and be on the lookout for dyno results after I get her protuned by SS June 5!!

Craig

Last edited: May 23, 2006
  2. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

kool nice car and great job..

3. slpymnky

slpymnky Member

Haha, I know what you mean about the business proposition. I made a powerpoint on why I should get my car a few months before getting my license. Much to my surprise, it worked.

I really like your car and I have been wanting P1s for the longest time. What kind of numbers are you expecting when you dyno the car?

4. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

I'm not really quite sure what to expect to be honest. I'm assuming I'll get something like 240/240. I don't want to go into the protuning with impossible expectations, and come out from the day disappointed. I know Scott's gonna do a great job tuning my car, and I'll just wait until the day to see what numbers I get. My 227/224 was on Topspeeds dyno not the SOG Dyno, so hopefully I will get a base on their dyno to start the day off, to get a better idea of the improvement I see.

Craig

Last edited: May 23, 2006
  5. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

RED for the win!! I always thought it was Red Sedona Pearl though...? I'm probably wrong.

6. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

naw it's definately SRP for Sedona Red Pearl, definetely the best color IMO!!

Craig