My 2005 CGM STi

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by miltonbb004, May 21, 2006.

1. miltonbb004

miltonbb004 Member

The day I got her:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As of Today:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Just a few minor mods(nothing big yet):
    18x8.5 ESX Rims Wrapped in BF Goodrich UHP G-Force Tires
    [​IMG]
    06 STi Tailights
    [​IMG]
    Grill Emblem Cut-Out
    [​IMG]
    SPT Exhaust(LOVE IT)
    [​IMG]
    Alpine HU(DIY Forester Pocket is installed just not pictured)
    [​IMG]
    3 MTX 10's with MTX Amp
    [​IMG]
    Sensoro Traveler 2 Radar Detector
    [​IMG]
    And 15% Tint on all windows except front windshield
    Let me know what you guys think, and what I should do next!

2. Demo24

Demo24 Member

Nice car! Time for accessport or other tuning devices :)

3. miltonbb004

miltonbb004 Member

ya I think thats what im gonna do, ive been thinkin about the AP for a while, just gotta get some money!!

4. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

not sure if i missed something but do u have any performance mods except for the SPT exhaust?

lookin good :cool:

5. miltonbb004

miltonbb004 Member

naa just stock

6. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

if ur going for looks, then i would recommend lowering it... would look uber sexy :bigthumb:

7. savsuby

savsuby Member

I love the rims and the color

8. miltonbb004

miltonbb004 Member

i agree milo, i want to lower it alot but the person I bought the rims and tires from said that he had problems with them rubbing the fender on hard turns etc. because his car was lowered. what do you think?

9. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

depends on how/how much u lower it... if u lower it too much with just springs, there may be a decent chance of rubbing... however, if the drop isnt too much, it shouldnt rub...

if u get coilovers, u can set it up pretty stiff to avoid rubbing... but coilovers are pretty expensive...

since ur wheels r pretty wide, u might want to consider rolling your fenders if u lower it

10. suby113

suby113 Member

Not on the STI you won't or shouldn't as long as the offset is pretty close to stock. But by the way the car looks good!

11. miltonbb004

miltonbb004 Member

ya but you were right when you said coilovers are expensive, way to expensive for me at the moment. Ive also been wanting to clear my headlights, i read up on how to do on nasioc but im to chicken to try it myself, wondering if anybody with some experience out there my be interested in helpin me out for like 25 bucks or wtv

12. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

You can always do Ground Control adjustable springs. Cheaper just you gotta install. This way you can adjust how much you lower so you won't rub.

13. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

clean ride man, props for the mesh wheels

14. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Friggin beautiful, love it!

15. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

There's a lot of us on the boards who have cleared our headlights and would be willing to help.

I personally opened mine up and painted the housing black, but before then I just had them cleared.

Keep your money, let me know if you want the help and I'll try and come around when I have a free saturday and help you do it.

Although I hope ur parents don't care if we use their oven (it won't hurt the oven, we just need it to loosen the epoxy.

Craig

16. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

3 10s?! How do you hear yourself think? :)

Car looks great, job well done sir!

17. miltonbb004

miltonbb004 Member

thanks for all the input guys, ya my rents would be fine with using the oven, maybe 2 weekends from now we could do that. And ya the 3 10's arent as loud as you would think, I used to have 2 sony 12's but they were so loud all it did was rattle the hell out of everything so I decided to go down in size but just add anouther sub. Worked real well, gave them more air in the trunk to push, solved all the rattle problems

18. miltonbb004

miltonbb004 Member

I also have the stock set of BBS wheels just sitting in my garage if anyone is interested, let me know

19. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

looking sharp man..how is the forester din storage working out? is it an easy swap?

20. miltonbb004

miltonbb004 Member

works fine, also looks alot nicer than just having this big gap under my HU. Really easy to install also.

21. miltonbb004

miltonbb004 Member

Just painted the silver dash pieces Black(S204 Style) I hope it comes out good, pics will be up soon

22. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

i keep staring at those wheels. *drolls* so i figure i'll post up since i've been looking at your pic so much.lol very clean set up!

23. miltonbb004

miltonbb004 Member

thanks man

24. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Yeah nice ride man. Good journal too. Too bad those wheels won't fit my ride or I might be interested.

25. Alex

Got pics yet?

26. miltonbb004

miltonbb004 Member

thanks milo, nope no pics yet. I did it myself about 5 days ago with this krylon spray paint stuff, it came ok but still had that spray painted look to it. So I took it all out yesterday and gave the pieces to a buddy of mine who offered to paint them proffesionaly for free! so it should be about 2 days before I get them back, Ill have pics up soon as I can

27. miltonbb004

miltonbb004 Member

Pics are finally up!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    hope you guys like it

28. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

that looks nice in pictures but i would really like to see it in person

29. miltonbb004

miltonbb004 Member

Went to Subaru of Gwinnet yesterday to get this clicking sound in my door fixed and got a chance to meet scott. We talked for a few minutes outside and then he asked me if id like to go along with him on a road tune! We were in an 02 or 03 red bugeye WRX, I cant remember what he said the owners name was, but it was FAST!!!!!! It was seriuosly hooked up, I only looked under the hood for a second and I dont know all that much about parts and stuff but just some things that stick out in my memory were APS CAI, BIG Turbo, Big Injectors, Turbo XS TMIC, HKS BOV, Meth injection, and alot more. Scott had his laptop sitting on my lap in the passenger seat so I got to see all the crazy stuff he can do. 90% of it was all way over my head but it sure was cool to watch lol. Anyways, you guys are prolly gonna be like, oook big deal lol, but It was a pretty neat experience so I just thought Id share it with everybody.

Thanks, maybe sometime we could meet up and you could check it out.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2006
  30. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

was it a wagon?

31. miltonbb004

miltonbb004 Member

nope, it had sorta blackend headlights. CF STi Hood Scoop, rest was stock on the outside.

32. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

johnnyboy?

33. miltonbb004

miltonbb004 Member

maybe, i really cant remember, maybe he'll see this journal

34. Alex

Its definately a very neat experience! Did he call it the diesel by chance?

35. miltonbb004

miltonbb004 Member

umm not that I remember, but maybe. Next time I see him Ill ask him whos it was.

36. miltonbb004

miltonbb004 Member

just found out that the car I spoke of earlier is Johnnyboys.

37. ksource

ksource Member

CGM rules! here's mine.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2006
  38. miltonbb004

miltonbb004 Member

Ya man I really love the color, car looks nice!

39. miltonbb004

miltonbb004 Member

Finally got around to clearing my headlights. Came out really nice. Ill have pics up soon

40. Alex

Sweet!

41. subynut

subynut New Member

Sweet ride. I also have an '05 CGM. I love the color, you see very few of them on the road. I strongly second the motion to lower it. If you don't want to get crazy with suspension then go for the Tein S-tech springs. Very good fit, work well with stock KYB's. They dropped the car about 2" and made a tremendous difference in removing the body roll and helped slightly with the understeer these cars are known to have. Other mods I have done are STI front/rear strut tower braces, Hotchkis Street front/rear anti-sway bars & endlinks(awesome upgrade), PE 850cc fuel injectors, Turbo XS turbo back exhaust with ceramic hi-flow cat. Turbo XS UTEC ECU(a must have) wheels & tires(stock now hold my track tires), DC headers, shory intake, boost control and mild weight reuction where possible without sacrificing daily driver comforts. Although I offset the weight reduction with the desperately needed audio upgrades. I did 2 JL 10W1's, Boston Acoustic 6" components all the way around(rear deck in back). JL amps and a Kenwood in dash DVD/Touchscreen. I have owned an Audi A6 turbo, a C5 vette and a 5.0 mustang and this car spanks them all. Bone stock this car provided a better adrenaline rush than any of the others!!! Awesome choice of vehicles!!

Later, Dave
    "subynut" :ddirty: