my lovely wrx

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by Sakari Motorsports, Apr 25, 2006.

1. so I decided to make a journal for my car since I like to do little things to my car and I thought I'll keep everyone posted... :)

I'm listing everything that I have done with the car now and I'll try to match the pix if I have them on my computer at home so no pix for now but will add on as I find some

I bought 2004 WRX after selling my prelude on Jan 17th, 2005.
    [​IMG]

First week ordered progress springs, turbo back (nopi bellmouth downpipe + hks hi power) and front lip

received the front lip but didn't like the look so I traded with a cf sti scoop on nasioc
    [​IMG]

and ordered the sti splitters and signed up for the ravspec's group buy on cf front lip ;)

ordered the ss chrome ebay bov lol

car stopped boosting so put my stock bpv on and started boosting after 2 days haha

took it in to topspeed for stage 2 ecutek tune and found my uppipe cat dangling around in the pipe which clogged the pipe at one point and not boosted as I mentioned above. :hsugh:

purchased helix flex uppipe and ecutek tune... car made 245 whp and 255 wtq

purchased cf fog light covers
    [​IMG]

joined Sung at Sakari Graphics and started Sakari Motorsports

purchased turboXS fmic with intake and bought a reversed hood scoop and cleared my headlights
    [​IMG]

painted stock wheels
    [​IMG]

swapped with wingless trunk before my friend sold his wrx
    [​IMG]

hit a tree and replaced front bumper, lip, splitters, fog covers
    [​IMG]

2. jayj713

jayj713 Member

haha your car looks really nice and shiny :D. Sometimes i wish i was wingless though, dunno, hard decision. But yah, your wrx looks really nice :D more pics plz!!!

3. ordered 18g, injectors, fuel pump, ebcs, invidia v2 downpipe and installed it and tuned over spring break.. made 308 whp and 286 wtq
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ordered mattjk's screen along with pioneer dvd headunit
    [​IMG]

hit a tire on 285 and replaced splitters and fog covers
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

realigned the intercooler core because it was off centered

ordered wheels and tires which i'm still waiting for

sold reversed hood scoop and waiting for sti scoop to come

received hella supertones

4. bassplayer

bassplayer Member

great looking car. stop hitting stuff with it:) . glad you got rid of the reversed scoop. a buddy of mine up here in nc with an insane sti had a reversed scoop for a while but after running test found it was absolutely and completely useless. its built so its right at a negative pressure spot on the hood so no air flows through it.

5. thanks for the comments... ;)

two things I'm glad i got rid of... cf fog covers (thanks to the tree i guess lol) and reversed hood scoop haha

6. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

haha man your poor car has been in a path for destruction derby:).....none the less its a super tight ride and i cant wait to see what else you change out and buy. keep up the godo work bro.

7. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

nice car.. great job dude..

8. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

nice transformation from stock :)

9. Thanks again... ;)

I got bored last nite and started on the grill mod (removing the subaru emblem in the front grill). I dremeled the emblem off and sanded it down and realized I didn't have any bondo haha I wanted to see how it came out first before I started taking pix but it came out really nice so I would like to work someone else's grill and do a full write up for wrxatlanta if anyone wants to volunteer haha Alex??? I know you wanna do it!!! lol ;P

Also mounted the hella supertones behind the grill but they don't come with any wires??? so I had to stop haha

My car right now has one silver wheel, no scoop, no lip, no front grill but I still drive it lol

soon to come my 3rd? 4th? 5th? loook with new scoop, grill, lip and wheels!! ;)

10. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Nice to see you finally have a journal up man! Ill volunteer my grille if you can deliver on the awesomeness :D

11. Alex you know Asians are good at little things like this lol

I also bought some paint that matches the paint on the stock grill... I will finish it up tomorrow and post up some pix! ;)

12. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Looks good. White WRXs are the hottest.

13. flip

flip Member

Great lookin car man. I really liked the look of the black scoop on the white. I can't wait for us to get started on my mods :). Should be soon cause i'm selling my pool table to get some cash for tha car...!

14. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

u got good taste Mike! keep it up bro.;)

15. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

Looks good. Can't wait to see how the lip and wheels are going to change the look of it (yet again)

16. here are some pix of the APS bov (sorry about poor quality pix haha)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I used a 45 degree hose to attach to the intercooler piping 'cuz the return hose wasn't lining up good when I used a straight hose... I think it actually looks better this way ;)

Ok and then I got bored again last nite haha

so I finished up wiring up the supertones and finished up on the front grill...

after sanding down the bondo...
    [​IMG]

waiting for the primer to dry haha
    [​IMG]

I actually and painted it but didn't come out as perfect as I wanted it to be (left some streaks that i was hoping the paint would cover, used 100 grits) so I sanded it down again and sprayed 2-3 coats of primer, sanding down with finer grits (400 grits) between coats... also I did it outside since sun came up (i know i know i'm crazy lol)

waiting for the paint to dry right now. I actually painted the whole grill because the paint I bought had metalic flakes in it and I think it looks better than stock! ;P

I will upload more pix when I get done putting it back in the car. ;)

EDIT:

ok here are the finished pix! ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

sorry my cell phone camera sucks so you can't even see the supertones behind the grill... I will post up good pix using a digital camera after I get more parts. I'm little embarassed to show my car right now... lol

Last edited: Apr 27, 2006
  17. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

oooohhhhh, that looks nice.
    This is something I was considering doing as well.
    I'm gonna make sure I check it out at the next g2g.

Does this leave your hood latch vulnerable??
    How bad does that show up. I'd sure hate to do this and then
    have someone steal the car.

18. The mesh grill is still there but even without that, i don't think anyone can pop the hood. Even without the whole front grill, I don't think you can pop it... I tried and couldn't haha maybe I'm just not talented enough lol

oh and by the way, those supertones are loud as hell!!! ;)

19. Alex

Alrighty, so when you want to try your luck with my grill?

20. added sti hoodscoop and mounted my wheels

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

more to come! ;)

21. JL889

JL889 Pandastic!

Mike SOO SEXY!

22. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

those wheels just completed the look

23. Alex

They look even better in person. Btw, who's sexy wrb sti is that in that photo? I wonder...

24. Thanks for the comments guys!

Joe, I know I'm sexy lol anyways, you coming over this weekend? we putting the v-limited on my car right? ;P

Milo, when are you leaving? Maybe we can get some lunch before you leave... never really got to talk to you much ;)

Alex, now you know where I live! just don't get lost next time lol ;P

More to come guys! I'm thinking front lip, rear lip/diffuser and some interior goodies... ;)

25. Alex

Milo's leaving tomorrow morning unfortunately.

26. Let's go visit him in Texas! ;P

We'll take your car Alex haha

27. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

yup... leaving in a couple hours... nice things is that im driving, so i can pack in trash bags :D

28. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Dang man:hsugh: but that means a ROADTRIP!! be safe gettin there and back man!!

I'm down for that!!

Last edited: May 10, 2006
  29. savsuby

savsuby Member

drive safe

30. Alex

Hope you are not caught in any of the rain we're getting dewd.

31. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

got PLENTY of rain and lightning... but hydroplaning is for pussies... RE070 fear nothing :rofl:...

32. I thought I'll give a lilttle update...

Painted the Hella horns black since they were standing out so much

GT Spec cf front lip should be here in a week and JDM fogs on the way ;)

Painted the stock interior black but repainting it soon with less glossier paint.

New gauge setup on the way... well it should've been here today but received the wrong part due to our warehouse mistake which are now for sale in the classifieds lol ;)

Pix will be uploaded once they are all on the car...

33. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

You get the S203 style lip?

Let me ask you. Are you familiar with the Chargespeed side skirts? I managed to obliterate ANOTHER lip thanks to a cat running in front of me. I am thinking of going with STi splitters with the same lip you got. Do you think the CF lip will blend in with the otherwise 'low' CS side skirts?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2006
  34. GT Spec V-limited style CF replica.

I've had 2 s203 CF replica's before and after seeing the V-limited on Joe's car, it does stick out a little more so I thought I try out this one.

I will post some pix once I get them ;)

35. Alex

Pics now!

36. JDM fog lights added :naughty:

[​IMG]

Still waiting for the GT spec CF lip... more pix to come! :)

37. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

SWEET! Looks hot man!

38. Sched. Delivery: 07/13/2006
    Shipped to: MARIETTA, GA, US

omg!!! ;)

39. Demo24

Demo24 Member

Nice!

40. jayj713

jayj713 Member

niiiceee

41. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Damn! I can't wait to install my new V limited lip. Gotta get the STi splitters first.

42. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

very hot

43. Alex

sexy :ky: