My new brighton

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by Doug@DBW Motorsports, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

Here are some better pics, car is still sitting about an inch higher than it will be once I do the corner balancing and alignment.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

this thing doesnt run on race gas, it runs on small children, right?

3. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

Doug,

When do you think you'll be ready for a test drive at the track?

May is getting real close if your are going to run in OLA07.

4. Doug@DBW Motorsports

I have already driven it on the street a bunch, but the car is so quick its hard finding places I can open it up around here. So we have a private track event coming up in 3 weeks, then we are going to Mid-Ohio, and then another private track event we are running before onelap. Gives us plenty of time to shake her down in my opinion. I have three sets of different springs and 2 sets of different sway bars. We will be trying them all out till we find the combo best suited to Luke's driving style.

5. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

you should paint that thing flat black and complete the mad max look ;)

6. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

Omg i must have those fender flares.....where did you get them? PLEASE

7. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

i was thinking the same thing.

8. Deke

Deke Active Member

Haha I'm sure there is more planned for the exterior, but if I saw that car on the road at this point without knowing anything abotu it, I would most likely laugh :)

9. jayj713

jayj713 Member

i was thinking the same thing... until it blows past me. Not saying it looks bad though, i think it looks sexy as shit :bowdown:

10. Deke

Deke Active Member

I think it has potential to look sexy as shit. At this point I think it looks like it needs an airbrushed Virgin Mary and it would be all set. :)

And please take no offense to that Doug. I still would love to drive the thing. It just isn't very tied in looking right now. Which I don't expect it to be considering it's still not finished. I'm just poking fun at it :wiggle:

Last edited: Mar 16, 2007
  11. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Nothing new really, just made a cheap front lip for the stock bumper which I will run at onelap, since I don't want to damage my pimp new front bumper, carbon splitter, and undertray. I had planned on running the car at onelap with the front Aero package, but something about cruising 120mph at night and hitting something destroying $1500 bucks worth of front end didn't set well.

I also got a new pimp momo steering wheel with a 90mm ofset and finished up everything under the hood.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Hey question. Is there any reason that you did NOT go with a blow thru MAF system? Seems like a lot of your big customers have your custom blow thru MAF and I thought it works really well.

13. Doug@DBW Motorsports

that is a custom maf that I made... works really well. I was going to go blow through, but they max out around 380hp without a utec. That wouldn't work for me since I wanted to be able to tune the car using Ecutek by itself and still make big power. This way if the utec takes a crap on me I can still race the car with just the ecutek at the same power level. But as of now I am running both an ecutek and utec that way I have maps tuned for both of them. Plus the utec has 2step and flatshift.

Edit: the above dynographs are from when I tuned the car with just the ecutek, its now running the utec/ecutek and makes the exact same power but I have extra features ;)

Last edited: Apr 2, 2007
  14. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Holy carp man!

I think I like it. Except for the diffuser.

15. Deke

Deke Active Member

so is this going to be in the same class as SS and Matt?

16. WJM

WJM Banned

No....Doug's will be in the Economy class, SS/Matt will be in the 30k (IIRC) sports sedan class.

17. wrxin8or

nope, doug and luke are in the economy class or something...their competition is nissan sentra ser's

Edit: damn, beaten by wjm

18. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Actually we will be racing everyone, the classes are just there because some people like to go for class wins against cars of equal standings (even though that is rarely the case... take us for example). First in class you get a very nice plaque, but first overall gets a huge trophy.... hell 10th overall gets a nice sized trophy too. We will be running economy class only because thats were our car stands, its MSRP is under the 20k limit and we don't meet any of the other class requirements.

Matt and Scott are runing MidPriced Sedan which is 4dr cars from 20-40k. Even though we are running different classes we will still be competing for overall position just not class points.

The way onelap works is your awarded 5 points for ever car that is entered be it overall or in class. So say there are 100 cars total entered first over gets 500 points while last gets 5 torward your overall score. Same thing goes for your class, only there are usually on like 20 cars in it, first place would get 100 points and last would get 5 torwards your class score. You get your points from how you finish each event, in the end all the points are added up to get your total standings.

19. Doug@DBW Motorsports

One a different note, tomorrow I am going to the DMV to get my tags... I was thinking of doing a custom tag. Any Ideas??

20. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Too bad "I cant keep up with Matt" won't fit on a plate.

LOL

Matt

21. Doug@DBW Motorsports

4lbs21hp

Notasti

1stovrl

Omgwtf

Topspd

ONELAP

TIMEATK

22. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

omgwtf would be funny to see on the road

23. wrxin8or

I like TIMEATK and TOPSPD

24. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

+1 on OMGWTF

25. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

OMGWTF might still be avaialable but WTFOMG is taken :rofl:

found this on the peachstateposse.com Corvette forum

[​IMG]

26. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

could always do my all time favorite

OMGHI2U

:rofl:

27. MrCoffeeATL

MrCoffeeATL Member

i'll be up at the shop on thursday, can't wait to see the car.

28. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I vote TIMEATK since TopSpeed will already be all over the car.

That was nice to know that hte blow thru maxes out at 380 hp Doug. I was planning on doing that with my car when I finally go 2.5L but looks that I won't be able to.

Both you and SS will be the total top of the class there. Luke is an awesome driver....I have vids of him tearing up that little oval track near my hometown from last years OLOA.

29. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Its officially done. Put the passanger seat in her today, and finished cutting the sheetmetal for the trunk floor.

Next up is mid-ohio this weekend for some shakedown runs.

Woot Woot.

30. Deke

Deke Active Member

Awesome! But where are the pics :(

31. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Finally made it to the hotel, today has been a day of mixed emotions. After feeling like the trip to ohio was all for nothing it came together. The car was amazing, and even more amazing to watch. It was all worth it when I got to watch Luke duke it out with a C6 Z06 and kill him. I was simply amazed how much speed the car would carry down the straights as was the Z06 and other cars as he would pull them on the straight. Overall power was one of our major downfall's with last years onelap car. We just couldn't compete with the big power cars, that is now not a problem.

So much speed it had our brakes glowing red at the end of the straights.

Now what Luke doesnt know is that I also ran the car at some dragstrip down here in London, Ky. Figured why not.... we stopped to get gas and they were like " Yui Runnen dat thang at teh strip" which got Clark's and I attention. Come to find out there is a really nice NHRA dragstip here. Only catch is its in the middle of nowhere.

Car ran good at the strip, on racegas 23psi just like Luke ran it at Mid-Ohio the car ran really good(edited for content). . Not bad since it was my first time to the strip with it and only got to make two passes since we got there at 10pm. I have learned many things today, and look forward to the next track event coming up on the 30th. We got alot accomplished with the suspension setup, but feel we still have alot left on the table to gain.

Stay tuned............

Last edited: Apr 21, 2007
  32. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

Wow, I am simply amazed at what that car has become! Good job guys!

33. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

Plan to get any in car footage at the track?

34. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

friggen awesome....

35. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Member

My sentiments exactly, my friend.

And may I add a "skeet skeet":ddirty:

36. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

It's true...

This is a facinating project man. I would've paid to see what that Z06 driver said to his buddy after the race.

37. Doug@DBW Motorsports

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

small photos... but still pimp. I like the top one alot. I think I may have to get a larger copy.

38. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Looks awesome! :bigthumb:

39. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

looking good doug!

40. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

Car looks great.

41. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Took the car to Talladega Grand Prix today... on street tires we had a best time of 61.9 with consistant low 63's. We were very happy with these times as it was our first time at that track.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  42. FACE

FACE Active Member

Very nice man would love to see her run!!!

43. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Thats pretty fast, I think that track is faster on street tires that it is on race tires.

44. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Man, I love the new wheels:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

--
    Brian

45. techlord

techlord Active Member

I liked the previous ones better but those look wider.

46. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Got the new bumper and sideskirts fitted. Still need to do some small tweaking to get it all aligned right and mount the front splitter. Then its off to the paint shop. I think I am going to paint the hood, front bumper, side skirts, and flares all red to match the rest of the car. Should look like a new car then.

Untill then enjoy the new pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

47. wrxin8or

holy jeebus that looks evil

48. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

looking good man.