My new ride...please don't be mad.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ShaneSTI, Nov 4, 2007.

1. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

It's an 03' Cobra Mustang, 10th Aniv, two tone leather seats. The parts manager from Jim Ellis Porsche sold it to me since he had a new baby. Only has 30k miles, and is in immaculate condition! Has basic bolt ons...tune, pulley, exhaust, CAI, and chip. Car is putting out 460whp, 472wtp according to his dyno sheet. All I know is it sounds, and drives like a beast! Sheer raw HP, and is about as loud as Milo's car.lol So am I able to show up at the meets in a Cobra. *insert chuckles here* Here are some pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

^^^as long as the radio sounds good, she's happy.lol

Last edited: Nov 4, 2007
  2. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Nothing wrong with a Mustang...except the archaic rear suspension set up!!...seriously, nice car and grats!

3. savsuby

savsuby Member

I love cobras

4. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

kickass Shane.

Hope you've set aside a fair budget for tires.... :rofl:

5. WRX_SVXGirl

WRX_SVXGirl Member

*drools a bit* nice looking car man!

6. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

^lol. i was thinking the same thing. tires are pretty much brand new, sooo we'll see.lol

7. Jake

Jake Active Member

as long as its a cobra. mustangs are VERY problematic, it seems ford (SVO) took their time and made these a little more reliable. i gotta 95 cobra convertible (one of only 500 and the last year of the 5.0l)waiting on me in los angeles when i graduate.

nice ride

8. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

yeah i've done my research and at first i was hesitant to buy a Ford, but when the Cobras seem to be a reliable car from talking to many owners, etc. are you from CA originally? i'm from san diego.

9. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

wow, badass, how does it drive? I keep hearing people say the shifts are a bit long and vague

P.S. Modular Powerhouse is close by ;)

10. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

The 6sp T-56 has tall gears which is a treat from the STi. The ergonomics of the shifter will take getting used to because of the placement. When cruising the car is very subtle, until at WOT...the car pull like a mad man, and I love that blower wine.

Yeah the car was tuned by Modular Powerhouse...you can bet I'm going to check that place out.

11. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

Awesome Shane! I'm gonna have to come check that out.

12. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

nice! love 03-04 cobras

13. Deke

Deke Active Member

Nice car man! Those things are beasts. You mind me asking how much you paid for it?

14. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

Nice pick, i'd damn sure drive it. Enjoy!

15. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

You do know that the mustang has SLA fully independent rear suspension that could in fact be argued to be more advanced than the multi link setup on the Subaru's.

16. techlord

techlord Active Member

Congrats Shane, I do miss my stang, getting slideways and all.

17. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

Very pretty, my friend. That's some pretty sick power, I must say.

Do the cobras get an independent rear susp? I forget.

18. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

very sexy bro.

19. BelvnAWD

20. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Congrats Shane....The car looks badass and is putting down some serious HP....I am very happy for you...

Mark

21. KA05STi

KA05STi Member

Yes..

22. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

hey thanks guys for the support. wow...truthfully i thought i was gonna get flamed.lol stephen...you're more than welcome to come by the house, or we can meet up sometime. see you guys at the next g2g.

23. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

Funny, my buddy is the service writer at Jim Ellis and told me about that car because I am a Mustang freak from way back. Sounds like he built the car right. Good luck getting traction in 1st or 2nd!!

24. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

yeah 1st gear is a bitch, but 2nd catched on top.lol

Last edited: Nov 4, 2007
  25. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

Thanks. I wasn't sure. It just didn't seem to me that ford would go to the trouble.

Hell yes, in that case.

26. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

Very nice man.

27. truegiant

truegiant Member

wow

beautiful car.. i would def. have bought one of these if i was not such an import head. I will def. own one or two buy the time i have my collection where i want it. I hope you enjoy!

28. slowwrx

Just for the record though that highly developed independent rear suspension is the first thing I would take off the car. I would have a solid axle on there so fast it would make youre head spin.

29. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

Yeah, if you actually ever want to launch the car, you will need a solid axle.. For freeway driving it is fine though...

30. Jake

Jake Active Member

no my grandparents just moved out there like the year before i was born. i have been out there probly 10 or so times.

31. BelvnAWD

After reading several more articles, it appears that Ford really shoehorned this suspension into the car as the frame wasn't built to handle an IRS. Interesting reading about the Mustang out there. Its still an awesome car Shane!

32. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Congrats man!

33. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

Congrats Shane!!

34. slowwrx

It can all be fixed but most racers even the road course guys tend to switch back to a solid axle. You would be amazed how well a solid axle works.

35. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

nice car, and I like the way they look on the outside (and obviously the way they perform), but I just cant get past how ugly the interior is

and yes, I do know the bugeye interior is quite ugly too;)

36. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

According to BrianGT's neighbor...you totally need the PREDATOR SUPERTUNER! :banana: ;)

37. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Why would we be mad because you decide to buy a Rustang. TRAITOR:naughty:

38. Deke

Deke Active Member

I don't think it's necessarily ugly, it's just dated. The interior area looks almost identical to my Mom's old '96 GT (minus the red inserts).

39. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

yes, the ultimate solution for mustangs! DIABLO!!

40. Demo24

Demo24 Member

indeed. Don't wheelhop it or this may occur:

[​IMG]

sounds fun!

41. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Just keep the IRS until it blows up, and get a nice solid rear axle :)

42. slowwrx

Ehhh. A cheap flash option at best.

If you really want to get crazy with it give Tim at Modular Power House a call.
    They do sick work on Mod Motors

43. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

The Diablo comment is just an ongoing joke about one of BrianGT's neighbors who thinks his mustang is the god of the road.

He has a Diablo Tuner thing...

44. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

I bet that's a real kick in the pants when you hit open throttle.

Sometimes I miss having a large displacement hot rod.

I've thought of getting a Buick Grand National or Regal T-type as a project car one day.

45. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

He doesn't have it yet... but he is thinking about getting it!!!

46. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

yeah i've already checked into the solid axle conversion. i may have to save for a bit before i can do it since it's around 3k to do including labor. modular performance had already done the pulley, tune, etc; therefore, I'll take it back there. Thanks again for not ragging on me.lol If I was ballin', I would have kept the STi, but I'm not.bah

47. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

oh, and yeah our biggest complaint is the dated interior; however, the exterior, the roar of that V8, and performance make up for it.;)

48. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

I assume you got the car for less than he was originally asking because it was about the same as a used STI...

Last edited: Nov 9, 2007
  49. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

We all know you were tired of being the outcast on the Air Force Base and had to switch to the more accepted American Muscle Mustang. I honestly thought the Mustang was a prerequisite for any type of Military Service. I am surprised they let you on base with an import.

50. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Pretty sweet man! Very clean for being 4 years old... I say throw some sticky's on the rear and head to Commerce immediately!!! I'd imagine you'd be in the 11's pretty easy...