My new ride...please don't be mad.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ShaneSTI, Nov 4, 2007.

1. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

lol@Jason...for the records, i'm not living on an AFB because i'm a recruiter right now in ATL, so THERE.lol however, what you said about being a prereq. rule applies to being a GA resident (i thought). but, I am a CA resident so it doesn't apply to me.ha but yeah, i remember my old supervisor back in Guam had a trans am and he'd give me so much shit about the STi...punk.

2. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

yeah dude, this car is MINT. i couldn't find a single dent or a scartch on the exterior. i think i saw like two little minor scratches on the front. i was appauled to see how clean the car was. thats why i hopped on it. yeah i would like to run it one day, just to see what it would pull...one day.;) thanx for the compliment.

3. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

We should be able to pick it up today, since we were in FL for the past three days. I miss the STi alot and I hope shane will get me my own in the future. I'm excited about the Cobra though. Our first V-8. -Maria

4. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

If you can't get the track right away, at least do some donuts for me... Childish, but very fun.. Makes me miss my 1990 GT. Its also gonna be nice for you to not be at 3300 rpm at 80mph... My dad did a double take when I told him that, then told me his Vette would be at 1900 at that speed...

5. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

Yeah I noticed the gears are tall on the Cobra which is a treat from the STi. I will surely do a nice fatty donut for you.;)

6. Dr.Chris

Dr.Chris Member

Did you trade in your STi there? Are they trying to sell it? Any details you have would be nice :naughty:

7. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

sorry dude....i sold my STi a few months back...private party sell. SoG always has a few nice STi's.;)

8. snakecharmer

snakecharmer Member

Awesome! Glad to have another Cobra owner on the board - although yours is light years ahead of mine. A modified Terminator is definitely on my short list of cars to own one day (along with an STi and Evo). It's been a real dilemma over the past couple of years whether or not to try to keep slowly modding my '94 or just man up and get an '03-'04. Definitely take it back to Tim - they just moved a couple of weeks ago from Woodstock and opened a new huge shop in Cartersville.

9. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

Hey man...post a pic on this thread of your Cobra. What all is done to it? Are you going to the big meet at Silverdollar on the 18th?

10. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I am so mad at you right now...we're through.

11. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Got an invite to go that Silverdollar meet... Is it a Mustang thing? Me and my buddy from work are talking about going. Be interesting how we'd do with our stage 2 goodness... We should get a bunch of us to go and represent!

12. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

yeah some car club is hosting it. i'm not gonna run the car, but i'd like to come and spectate. if you wanna roll...lmk and we can caravan it.:)

13. snakecharmer

snakecharmer Member

I thought the Silverdollar meet was on the 17th - doesn't matter - can't go anyway - I need new tires. Also, may try to go the the auto-x on the 17th to see Ped run his car for the first time EVER. I don't have many mods - mostly stuff to help at the track a little, but nothing that adds much power. Mods are: Bullitt suspension kit, SS brake lines, Hawk HP plus pads, March pulleys, Competition Engineering subframes, MAC O/R H-pipe, King Cobra clutch, FRPP aluminum driveshaft & safety loop, Fluidyne radiator, 3:55's. BTW, I looked at your STi a good bit when it was for sale after I sold my R32

[​IMG]

14. heathbar

heathbar Member

So how was the ride home in the cobra? Enjoying the gamecube? :naughty:

15. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

^...Ride home was a blast! Car has sooo much torque it's amazing, and the sound. *drool*

The gamecube is keeping us entertained as well!;) Thanks again for the awesome deal!!!

16. Intrigue2727

Intrigue2727 Member

this is the car i was looking into when i get my dl back and i sell the sti, if you need any parts i work at mustangs unlimited in lawrenceville

17. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

^thanks! wrxatlanta discounts? that doesn't sound right, does it...wrxatl discounts at a mustang shop.lol PM'd you.;)

18. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

still have the car?

Did you ever get a DIABLO tuner?

19. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Dude, seriously! Why are you always waking the dead?

20. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

Hahaha. I totally thought this thread was recent till I read your post. :rofl::rofl:

21. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

wondering what happened to this car...

:tacos:

22. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

that's what the PM button/option is for. ;)

23. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

:sadtaco:

24. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

It's all good man. We missed you.:hsnono:

25. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

:happytaco:

what happened to the thank you buttons?

26. Matt

they are there....Alex is working on some things

27. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

found them.. guess they just don't work in the classic skin.

28. Matt

atm, no...coming back soon though!