My official journal w/ pics

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by RoMe, Oct 25, 2007.

1. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

So I realized that I have like 4 "members journals" open so I wanted to make the official one now that the garage is complete :naughty:

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  2. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

Mods and info

The 92x I bought brand new in Dec. of 06
    Interior

Pioneer 6.5 inch dvd player
    one Pioneer Premier 12's
    800 watt MA audio amp
    1.5 Ferad cap
    Prodrive floor mats

Exterior/ performance mods
    17 Bsa warriors
    215/45/17 Hankook Ventus
    Ixiz Short shifter
    Whiteline FSB
    Whiteline RSB
    Whiteline endlinks
    Whiteline Springs
    K&N drop in filter
    STI axleback
    Performance alignment

STI mods
    Power
    Cobb AP V1
    Cobb or the shelf stage 1 map
    Blitz Nur Spec R

Suspension/handling
    Whiteline 27mm RSB
    Stainless steel brakelines
    ixizconcept Pitchstop
    *Whiteline "Flatout" springs* coming in this week

misc
    ixizconcept hood dampers

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  3. caseyfoster

caseyfoster Member

Haha harry, my gf calls something of mine harry as well.

4. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

i love 92x's but i wish they coulda been in 4 doors =/

5. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

Finally got around to getting my boost gauge installed by the one and only Ped!

Prosport Premium boost gauge

Crappy pics but you get the point
    With headlights off
    [​IMG]

Lights on
    [​IMG]

http://prosportgauges.com/premium-amber-white-metric-boost.aspx

The gauge works great and price wasn't bad easier. In the future Im gonna get the rest of my gauges from prosport! Thanks again to Ped and his better half for having the GF and I over and even though you
    were sick and crap I blame you for my sickness :rofl:

6. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

nice man

7. FACE

FACE Active Member

Sweet pics RoMe! I love the 92x...

8. kingwrex

kingwrex Supporting Member

nice pics man, glad to see you got the boost gauge installed too.

9. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

Looking good.

10. JEFFSTI

JEFFSTI Member

its a good look n couple

11. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Saab needs a blackout retro and all black alcantara interior to go with the black theme :)

12. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

Its been awhile since ive updated things so here goes.

On the STI I bought a
    1.Blitz Nur Spec R from Milo: I love boxer rumble and annoyed neighbors FTW!!!
    2. I had some Stainless steel brake lines sitting around for the 92x so I put them on the STI: No brake fade!
    3. Cobb AP V1 with the OTHS Stage 1 map: I am now a firm believer in Cobb AP's I cant wait for Stage 2 and Protune
    4. Whiteline 27mm RSB: The rear end stick like no other Ill wear out the tires before I break loose hopefully...
    5.ixizconcept hood dampers: More that cosmetic pure functionality and what an breeze to install it took 5 mins seriously.
    6. ixizconcept Pitchstop: What can I say Goixiz strikes again. Honestly I was skeptical thinking its neither
    cosmetic or a true performance mod. But I was wrong the nose of the STi loves to dive down under hard shifting not any more the car feels waaaaay more neutral shifting and acceleration is much more responsive. The only downfall is that there is more cabin noise but I didn't even remember after a few minutes and lets face it our cars are already loud as crap.
    7. Debadged all the "STI" stickers off the bumper and moved the trunk STI to the other side
    8.Prosport boost gauge

*Coming before the end of the week hopefully*
    Painted headlights
    Whiteline "Flatout" springs

Some pics

Pitchstop
    [​IMG]

Pics Thanks Keeganxt

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Greg attempting to give me a illegal parking ticket oh noes
    [​IMG]

13. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

clean rides! how do you like the prosport boost gauge, is it noisy on startup?

14. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

Its actually loud as shit but I don't rally notice it any more the GF on the other hand hates it

15. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

New springs and tires. Thanks again Ped!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

how do you like your springs?

17. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Lookin' clean :)

18. FACE

FACE Active Member

How do you keep those BBS SOOO clean ;)

19. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

I don't I just washed em :rofl:

I have an appt with Jeff and GTE tomm yayz!!!

20. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Damn Rome, I'm envious. Your passing me in mods...

21. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

Oh yeah I got tuned! 295/306 on a Mustang Dyno

The STI was tuned at Japtrix by HP Logic. There was a minor issue with the tuner and but all is well now. Thanks to Scott Siegal for answer in the pm's, phone calls and text :rofl:! Also thanks to Ped and Kingwrex for all the info/help over the phone!!!

The mods are AP2, Walbro 255 and KN drop in.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
  22. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

Other than that no other mods were done to either car. We are saving up for the Wedding Mod now.

23. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

Good to hear dude. So when is the date for the wedding??

24. FACE

FACE Active Member

Thats awesome man...And yeah Wedding!?!

:kiss:

:ky:

:jb:

25. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

congrats on the numbers

Now I know who Japtrix is, they had a windshield banner on the exterior side of the windshield that also left nice imprint of glue when I took the tint strip off. [​IMG]

26. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

wow, nice numbers for your mods!

27. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

Jeez the thread is dusty

Anyways here is the new wheels this is not the best pic I seriously turned the camera on snap the pic and came back inside wayyy to cold out.

They are 5zigen fn01r-c 17x9 +43 I looked for days on IWSTI and they said that 17x9's would not fit on a STI with springs with out a major fender pull or/and roll so far I have done neither I and there is no rub so far! Ill get better pics soon, this one does the car no justice plus its dirty as hell

[​IMG]

28. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

hotness!!

my roommate would be sad if he saw those...he just lost one and can't find a replacement...they wouldn't fit his car regardless, but still...

29. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

ooh.... me likey.

30. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

black wheels strike again....great choice!!

31. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

Thanks guys I cant believe how much wider these were compared to the BBS's with the same size Hankooks its crazy!! I think the next mods are going to be Lugs, camber bolts and a new alignment then some 255's good bye STU

32. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

Now that I'm back in Georgia wanted try to update this dust this old thread off. The mods and updates to the cars and few and far between now. Parenthood has taken over for sure.

The major things that have changed since we were in Georgia last is the STi is now wingless and I sold the 5Zigens for some 18x9 Rota G-force's. I won a free license plate delete from Perrin randomly so that's on the car as well ha. While we were in Louisville the power steering pump went out on the STi so that was replaced. The 92x paint has taken a beating since it sat outside for a year and half in the elements in Louisville due to a one car garage. I should be detailing it soon. I just ordered a new Saab badge for the hatch because it slowly decided that it did not want to be part of the car anymore. I plan on getting some cheap coilovers as the struts have gotten worse with the springs. I'm also thinking about new wheels for the 92x. Annnnd that's about it!

Glad to be back and I've seen some of you older guys out and about, this is the last crazy week for me at work till Black Friday/xmas time so I should be out a lot more :sx:

Moving back to Georgia part 3 or 4 I lost track. This was not a fun ride down hill through the Tennessee mountains.
    [​IMG]

The STi
    [​IMG]

The 92x
    [​IMG]

and the Jeep
    [​IMG]

33. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

Awesome. Time to bump the power on the Jeep?? :)-

34. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

Yeah man she is ready!! We need to get the kids to race

35. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

Look at this dusty thread. Here is my lengthy very big update!

I got inspired after reading liltoua's thread and lets face it a lot has changed with my car life. Last time I updated this thread we lived in Forsyth Co still. Since then we moved to the coast of SC around the Hilton Head area. Not much had changed with the 92x or STi between 2013 and 2015 just regular maintenance. We were really focused on financial freedom so we got smart and payed off both loans on the cars. After a while I saved up a ton of money for a motor build for the STi. I knew that if the motor did go I would be without a car for sometime so I searched for a DD. Originally the plan was to get a truck like a older Tacoma but that soon changed.

We were driving around one day and I spotted a Miata sitting lonely at a dealership. Ive always toyed around with the thought of owning a Miata. Id seen the car at this dealership for a few weeks. But never paid much attention to it. I went home and did some research and saw that the dealership had been sitting on the car for a month. I used to work at a dealership so I knew that with a older car like that the last thing they wanted to do was let it sit. I test drove the car and pretended that I was not really interested. The car ran great the only thing that I saw wrong was there was a small oil leak and a small dent in the bumper. Other than that it was solid. I left the dealership and waited for them to call me to beg me to take it. 2 days went by and boom my phone rang. After some back and forth phone tag they accepted my super low ball offer. This was my first time paying cash for a car. I was in and out of the dealership in 30 mins. i guess I own a Miata now.

[​IMG]

Like every husband does i promised to keep this one stock :sx:
    That changed pretty quickly. I did some maintenance on the Miata. Surprisingly the Miata looked like it had been maintained at least the fluids were cleanand the belts looked kinda new. I replaced the valve cover gasket, painted the and cleaned up the valve cover, and the CAS o-ring gasket to fix the oil leak. Soon after my clutch slave and master cylinder failed. So they were both replaced with OE equipment. I gave the car a 4 step paint correction detail and it cleaned up well minus the front and rear bumpers needing to be repainted. I also replaced all the brake pads at all corners with some Hawk HPS's. During that process I was reminded that this car was made in the mid 90's and I stripped a frozen bolt on the pass side caliper. So that was replaced. I was focused on making this a cheap fun dd so I silently bought some Magan coilovers and a Hard Dog roll bar with harness bar. I told Danielle when I flip this thing I don't want to die HA! I also had the soft top and rain rails after i got a hole in the rear window.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Around that time the 92x and the STi were due for 90k service. I reached out too TougeFigher for some maintenance items. Other than that the cars were still the same. I also noticed that the 92X had developed a pretty bad valve cover leak crap...

[​IMG]

One of the reasons I wanted a Miata was because I wanted to autox again. The car was really sloppy but fun to slide around on track. I tried to keep it clean but my inner drifter kept coming out and I had a blast sliding around and knocking down cones. I started making friends with some of the local autox guys and I got motivated to spend more money on the Miata. So I bought some really cheap but surprisingly light XXR's with some discontinued Dunlap Dz102's. I also added some ebay side skirts and a replica GV front lip. And for fun I added some retro Eunos graphics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oh a small update to the old STi. I bought some replica Chargespeed sideskirts. We also had a really big update with the 92x we traded it in on a 2015 Rav4 XLE. I just got tired of trying to maintain 3 cars while working like crazy. Our neighbor was our sales person and we signed all of the paperwork in our kitchen. Danielle start to work again so we could swing one car payment. This was her first brand new car ever so we were pretty excited.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I focused again on saving money so things stayed pretty boring for a few months. I bought some delrin door bushings for the Miata. Other than that I got to know the car more and Danielle got use to her Rav. The STi just sat in the garage until I started it dusted it off and put it back in the garage. I did a couple more events in the Miata and figured that I wanted to take it a little more serious. We are lucky enough to have a couple of big time National hot shoe drivers in our areas. I got to talking to one of them and asking for some tips and advice on all things Miata and autox. I planned on becoming competitive in STR class so I bought a Racing Beat Front sway. Again the old car fought back and I broke a bolt. I took the car to our local performance shop Short Stop Garage so they could help me remove the broken bolt. Nish and Chris were the nicest guys I thought it would be a quick trip and Id be on my way. But Chris put my car up on the rack and invited me back to the shop to talk autox while he worked. Those guys deal with all cars and autox and track regularly. The specialize in Miata's so I felt pretty lucky having them so local. We obviously talked about my STi and my plans for it. It was pretty funny because I remember Nish telling me that I need to sell the STi and focus on the Miata. Ha I said that would never happen I love that thing.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  36. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

I love my STi but toyed around with selling a few times. I never could though because seriously I loved it. It was my affordable dream car. I meet a ton of really good close friends while I owned it. I brought my daughter home from the hospital in it. We moved all over the south east in it. For a lot of really big moments and changes in my life there was one thing that was consistent I had my STi. But it just sat for days on end in my garage while i had fun in the Miata. My neighbor who sold us the Rav started talking to me about the new Tocoma's. I thought it was typical sales person talk but I figured what the hell Ill go look at one. For a while I toyed with looking at the STi and going back to my original plan of owning a Tacoma and the STi. I would track the STi and tow it to and from the track with the Taco. Because we were so focused on not going back on being broke I could never justify financially owning the truck and the STi. But what if I traded in the STi on the Tacoma?

My neighbor asked me what I was looking for in a Tacoma. I was looking for a silver 2016 double cab with a sunroof. That was really it. I went to the dealership to see what they had when I showed up my neighbor had the exact truck that I was looking for backed up to the showroom waiting for me. Nice touch! I drove the truck and I loved it. It had some extras that I loved like the back up cam, nav and some other touches. We ran the numbers and I told him that I would think about it. I didn't drive the STi to the dealership because I didn't want to commit to selling it right then.

That same day we took the STi to my daughters gymnastics practice. This was the first time that I had the whole family in the car in a while. All I remembered was how uncomfortable my daughter looked after being worn out from practice bouncing around the back seat in this loud blue thing. The next day I went back to the dealership to look at the truck again and run the numbers. They gave me the cash that I wanted and to my surprise my I qualified for lower interest rate. Everything went really quick after that all I remember was filling out paperwork driving back home in the Miata to drive the STi back to the dealership.

It was like a movie I cleaned out some stuff out of the car filled it with some spare parts and started. I swear I though about every important moment in the STi on the way back to the dealership. I drove it hard on my favorite back road for the last time. Damn it sounded good. But yes it was time to move on. :wtc:

The last photo I took off the STi and the first of the Tacoma.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

37. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

Well the STi now lives somewhere close to Destin Florida I hope the new owner treats him well. They actually drove the car all the way down there. My neighbor told me that the guy that drives all the cars to customers that live in other states described the drive as "interesting" Ha. Hes a 60 year old former Marine so I could imagine.

Now that my fun car was gone I turned to my other fun one. One of my regrets with the STi and the Miata was that I never felt like i did things the right way I always took the easy cheap way out. I was planning on redoing some of that.

I lost track of when I bought some of the small stuff but I bought some Garage Star window vents and 2 weeks before I sold STi I bought a NRG seat for the Miata which I forgot about until it showed up. I should be get rid of it at some point. I also got a Cobalt exhaust from a guy on Craigslist. Not my favorite but I like it.

I bought a short hub and quick release and paired it with a Renowed steering wheel.
    [​IMG]

Along with the window vent these new gauges, window and hazard switches from RevLimiter are my favorite pieces in the Miata. I was blown away by not only the product itself but the customer service and packaging was unbelievable.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Again I wanted redo some things so I bought some 15x8 RPF1's and some RE71R's. The change in the car it night and day. No more drifting at the track. This set up save 6 pounds per corner.

[​IMG]

I also bought a Wilwood front BBK I also bought some SS lines along with the Wilwood Brake bias kit and master cylinder upgrade kit. That should be installed soon.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Well that's it for now. I forgot some small bits and pieces but I'm going to try to update this thing as the Miata gets updated.

[​IMG]

38. FACE

FACE Active Member

RoMe! Glad to see you still have a fun car! Tell the fam hello for us!

39. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

Sorry to see the STI go but happy you got you something you like!! Looking good man!!! Congrats brother!!!

40. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

Thanks guys it was a sad day but i think it was time to move on. I do miss that box rumble.