My STI is ready for a new Motor

Discussion in 'TopSpeed Motorsports' started by STIstorm, Jul 30, 2015.

1. STIstorm

STIstorm Supporting Member

Luckily I was able to stop by TSM yesterday evening before closing time. On my drive home from a vacation my car died on me. But with a little time a patience I was able to have it trailered back to Georgia; really cheap actually. But Long story short I was able to sit down with Mike and discuss my options. Pretty much need a new motor and hopefully will be having the TSM SS1 short block installed. Just have to arrange my car to be dropped off at TSM and then wait until the rebuild can begin. TSM has always been helpful and I'm very happy that I will be able to get me car back on the road in a few months. Just wondering if anyone here on the forum knows of any good rental car deals out there at the moment as I will need a rental till at least october. THANKS TSM!!!

2. ChrisW

ChrisW Member

Depending on your finances and if your insurance will pay towards a rental, buying a beater may be cheaper in the long-run. Plus you can always sell the beater afterwards and recoup some of your costs.

Using this link as a rough rental estimate, youre looking at $1500+ for 2 months of renting.

Cheaper beater:

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/5137772051.html

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  3. Mike@TSM

Mike@TSM Member

Thanks for the kind words man! Looking forward to getting this done for you!

4. digitizedsoul

digitizedsoul Moderation is a vice Supporting Member

I paid 3k on craigslist for a 99 passat wagon that I still have.
    Way better then paying for a rental.

5. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Yeah I bought a mint condition (less than 60k miles) 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood for $500 as a beater. When I was done with it, I got $1k for it on a trade in towards my wife's car.

6. STIstorm

STIstorm Supporting Member

I just went with renting a 2015 camaro. If I can't be in my sti I'm gonna have to have something with horsepower.