Dealer Review Need a good Body shop

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by goose1979, Jun 30, 2011.

1. goose1979

goose1979 New Member

So I was driving last night through downtown ATL, and half a semi-truck tire jumped out at me and messed up my front end pretty badly.

I have a 2011 STI 4door and I need an AWESOME body shop!

Any suggestions? I work in Marietta and live downtown.

Thanks!

Russell

2. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

magnum collision

3. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

^ if you're not paying for it, I'd go there.

4. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Wagenwerks

5. goose1979

goose1979 New Member

Ya Im gonna do a claim on my insurance. I thought about using a Subaru dealer, but the closest one is up in Cummings...like almost 40miles from me.

The Magnum Collision is close it seems. Has anyone used them before?

6. ninja01

ninja01 Member

As far as dealers go theres a couple of Subaru dealers closer then Cumming.. Theres Subaru of Kennesaw on Barrett Pkwy in Kennesaw and then theres Classic Subaru in Atlanta

7. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

I've personally had a horrible experience with Magnum and wouldn't use them.

8. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Most dealerships will outsource collision work.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
  9. goose1979

goose1979 New Member

Ive read a bunch of reviews about Magnum jacking prices up and not matching paints real well. I dont care about the pricing cuz Im going through insurance, but I have a brand new car and dont want a crappy mix-match paint job.

The only Subaru dealership in GA with a body shop is Cumming, I have checked all the others. Guess I may have to make the hike up there. :(

10. westau

westau New Member

Any other recommendations if you do have to pay for it yourself?

11. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

ArtCraft in smyrna They (used to) give discounts for members, but not sure if they still do. Doesn't hurt to ask

12. goose1979

goose1979 New Member

Artcraft seems to have good reviews, cant find any negative ones. Maybe ill pop in there and see what the deal is.

Thanks all for the advice!

13. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

I'd recommend Magnum or Cherokee Collision. With Magnum, be authoritative with them. Tell them you want it done right and you've heard mixed reviews of them.

Cherokee Collision is good, but they take longer than usual. The people there seem to respect the vehicles they work on, which is a MUST for your 2011 sti. Both of these places are in the Marietta vicinity.

14. subigrl

subigrl Member

hands down Magnum collision.. i wouldn't trust anyone else with my car.

ask for skyler/cell-678-699-1673/ shop-770-427-4590 (tell him farris from SOK sent you if you decide to)

15. bluedestiny

bluedestiny Supporting Member

ArtCraft did a nice job for me for self funded damage repair; gave me an economical solution without loss of quality that turned out fine

16. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

i've had extensive work done at artcraft (frame damage, welding parts in, straightening, etc). i recommend them.

17. ApexShift

ApexShift Member

A Perfect Body (Donnie 770-894-3228) - he does an amazing job and isn't expensive. He's done some of All Pro's customer cars, so ask Brandon @ All Pro if you need another reference.

I was told by 2 other repair shops that I trust that is the only place they'd take their personal cars. He did an amazing job and everyone can't believe how great the paint looks. The only thing is his shop looks a little sketch, but everyone warned me and said not to let it affect me going.

18. Willsanches

Willsanches Member

I don't know about any others but I've only heard good things about magnum. I took my Z there but it ended being a total loss so no work was done. But my girlfriends parents took their Mini there and when they went to pick it up they were told that the paint they used was one shade off. Her parents couldn't even notice it even after being told. But magnum still offered to pay for a rental until they matched the paint perfectly.

19. eyeballs

eyeballs Member

If this is the place in Woodstock, they did some work on my car recently. All-Pro recommended them and even transported my car there. I had a rust repair done on the passenger rear quarter panel, and it came out perfect. Did an amazing job blending everything in. Price was good for high-quality work.