Need help in Alpharetta

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by FTZ, May 23, 2014.

1. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Does anyone have a pickup that can help me get my non working motorcycle to the shop. Bike won't start. After doing some research and repairs, I have replaced the starter relay, and the relay assembly. Battery is brand new, and when connected, I get nothing on the gauges. If I connect a trickle charger to the battery, and try to turn the bike on, the gauges light up, and there is a buzzing coming from another relay.

I am giving up, and just want to get the bike to shop this weekend, so I can finally get it up and running again.

If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it. I can buy you lunch or a case of beer, or whatever.

PM if you can help. Shop is closed Sundays and Mondays. Ideally tomorrow. If it has to be during the week, we can work something out.

2. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

What shop are you taking it to? Might be able to get a bike mechanic friend to just go by your place and check it out.

3. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

or rent one at Home Depot/Lowes. I think it is like $20 for 2 hours unlimited mileage.

4. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Atlanta motor world near the Ferrari dealership in Alpharetta. Wes from Allpro helped me previously. He can come by again, but all he can do is hopefully trace to the next bad relay, then I need to order the replacement part, wait about a week for it to arrive, get Wes back over a hope for the best. If there is anything after that, it will be another week.

If I take it to the shop, they are going to rape me. They will charge $100 for a part I can find on google for $10, but will hopefully be able to get the bike running in the next week.

I thought about the Home Depot rental truck. My concerns there are getting the bike onto it, and strapping it down. I don't have ramps, straps, or anything else needed to do this myself, but could always go to harbor freight tomorrow to get what is needed.

5. Holc13WRX

Holc13WRX Supporting Member

I'm pretty sure the home depot trucks come with ramps.... I would call and ask.

6. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

If they have ramps on the trucks, all you would need are two straps and they are pretty cheap at harbor freight.

7. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

No worries at all...I've got this handled.

8. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

JP to the rescue. Yay. Will give us something to do before or after our weekly disc golf game.