New member to the subie family

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by AW08STi, Jul 31, 2012.

1. AW08STi

AW08STi New Member

Hi my name is Josh and I am from canton ga. I am proud to be part of the 4WD family. I am the proud owner of a 2008 subaru wrx sti. I bought it in box stock form with only a k&n drop in filter. Since taking ownership I have found these cars are an absolute blast to drive. Anyway looking forward to being a member here and looking for the best most reliable mods to do to my new found friend. I am planning on in the near future doing the stage II mods as I already have a panel filter so I'm hopefully gonna get a catless DP and an AP with a protune. Hopefully my car will be one of the better ones that gets close to 300awhp. I am also gonna swap out pumps with either a walbro 255HP or the new aeromotive 340HP pump and bump my fuel pressure up by 8-10psi by modding the oem RRFPR. If anyone has any questions or would like to pitch in on the better mods to do please feel free to chime in. Oh well enough rambling just like to say thanks to everyone and look forward to being a member here.

2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

welcome, Josh!

3. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.0.3; EVO Build/IML74K) AppleWebKit/535.19 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/18.0.1025.166 Mobile Safari/535.19)

Why are you trying to bump up the fuel pressure? What moss have you done to justify increasing your fuel pressure?

4. 04subiwrx

04subiwrx Member

Welcome to the boards. Another subaru owner in Canton.

5. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

Welcome! We do dinner meets every other Tuesday, maybe you can make it out to one. It's probably the easiest way to meet some of us and shoot the shit and have a beer or few.

6. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Welcome!

7. AW08STi

AW08STi New Member

Integroid I was talking about bumping the fuel pressure once I go stage II. Only going to bump the fuel pressure to help to bring my IDC percentage down slightly.

8. AW08STi

AW08STi New Member

Thanks to everyone for the kind words and I would love to make it out to a meet/dinner one night to hang with everyone and meet some new folks.

9. Smokin_Joe

Smokin_Joe Member

Welcome aboard! Woodstock Forester XT here!

Joe

10. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Welcome aboard!

You wont need to bump the fuel pressure to go to stage 2. The OTS maps or tuner can compensate with your stock fuel system.

11. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Welcome!

12. AW08STi

AW08STi New Member

cool guys and thanks for the useful info integroid. What would be a good first mod that is relatively cheap but functional on the STI? Thanks again.

13. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; ADR6400L Build/FRG83D; CyanogenMod-7.2.0) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

If you are looking for handling. Swaybars and endlinks. Power. Cobb accessport

14. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

HDPE track day. Learn to drive the car before you mod it.

15. AW08STi

AW08STi New Member

thanks for the recommendations guys just trying to get an idea for now. I plan on just driving it for a bit before modding it.

16. Khionê

Khionê Member

Welcome to the forums.

17. Welcome Josh.Do I work with you??

18. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

Welcome! Looking forward to seeing you at some meets in the future!

19. RSConvert

RSConvert ɹǝuɹnʇpɐǝɥ uʞnɟɐɥnɯ ɐ sʇı Supporting Member

Welcome to the community

20. Texsun

Texsun Member

Hey, want to buy a gun? Just kidding Welcome to the community!

21. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

No he's not. :wiggle:

Welcome to the boards!

22. KDJ770

KDJ770 New Member

Welcome!

Have an '09 STI here...

First Mod was Perrin sways and endlinks - was disappointed in how much under-steer ("Plow") in the stock setup for the GR body style. Can't really remember what the car felt like stock, but I remember that suspension upgrades made the car feel a lot more balanced. I followed up with RCE Black (Regular Guy) springs which did not change the stance of the car but has a progressive resistance while turning. Also love my Accessport.

23. Jonathan

Jonathan New Member

Welcome :wavey: