New Site Design To be Launched August 4th

Discussion in 'Community Announcements & News' started by Alex, Jul 27, 2006.

1. flip

flip Member

Sweet layout man! I love the colors and contrast. The smooth round windows are awesome too. Nice header as well! Was this custom made or is this a packaged layout? If packaged mind sharing what it's called?

2. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

The new look is awesome Alex...Great Job...

Mark

3. Trey

Trey Active Member

4. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

hmm.. i dont have any of those red x's ....its your IE ;) jk
    I use Firefox and I dont have any of those problems you display there

5. heathbar

heathbar Member

I guess it could be IE. I don't use firefox and I'm getting all the same red Xs as Trey.

6. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

I'm also having the broken image issue with IE.

Firefox renders the pages fine though.

In IE I am seeing broken X's for the tag in the first column for the page that is presented after clicking "New Posts" in IE

Snippit from source code presented to IE:

Last edited: Aug 5, 2006
  7. Trey

Trey Active Member

I use Safari and since IE is the norm, it should be addressed IMHO. ;)

8. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Yeah, I just wanted this out there as promised on the 4th. This week has been killer :p

Alright, so here are my intentions thus far. I will be recreating a version of the widescreen we had back on 3.0 (my personal choice); a pink rendering of this will be coming soon; a v3.5 blue rendering of this will be coming soon. Ultimately, I'd like randomly generated headers back (like v2) so that every page refresh changes the mood/personality for the viewer.

Hopefully, now that I have internet once again on my machine and not juston the laptop, I can get more of this done at an increased pace.

Until then...

enjoi,

9. crashtke

crashtke Member Supporting Member

Getting the same red x's also. I do not have firefox, just IE, but both my laptop and my desktop are having the same issue.

10. Trey

Trey Active Member

I just used Firefox and yes, the red x's are not there, weird thing is, no pictres are even there so the red x's make no sense at all when using IE or Safari. :confused:

11. Alex

Its more than likely an error in the skin's css, I'm about to check into it.

12. Alex

Im pulling it until I work the IE bugs out.

cheers,

13. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Can't we just keep it this way? ;)

14. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

Ahhhhhh, the blue is easier on my eyes.

I think I'll try to leave feedback for the brake lines I bought, since I think the feedback system probably works now.

<update>

Feedback doesn't work.. I just tried to leave feedback for sti4unv for teh brake lines and I got the below php error:

Warning: main(/home/ascelon/public_html/forums/includes/functions_itrader.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /itrader_global.php on line 19

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/home/ascelon/public_html/forums/includes/functions_itrader.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/ascelon/public_html/forums/itrader_global.php on line 19

Last edited: Aug 7, 2006
  15. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

I like it the way it is now :) keep the 3.5 front end and just change the backend.

--
    Brian

16. jayj713

jayj713 Member

Can we have an option to choose switch inbetween skins?

17. flip

flip Member

Fuck IE, make everyone get Firefox :ddirty: :wiggle:

NONONO, the yellow ROCKED! So smooth, very nicely designed. This blue is beginning to look outdated LOL.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2006
  18. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

i agree it looks like any other stock vbulletin forum. their all blue. i kind miss the look of 3.0.

19. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

The blue seems more easy on the eyes....Although the yellow stands out more.

Mark

20. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

I like the way the forum is now, except for the shitty Automerge feature.

--
    Brian

21. blink

blink Member

all vbulletin's look a like no matter the skin, I prefer this one, and who is using IE still (j/k i know its still around 80+%). As long as I can still hit New Posts, and it works.. i dont care what version we use. Also I thought vb had an option for user defined personal skins, so everyone could choose their own skin.