New Toys for my 2013 STi

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by STIstorm, Jun 19, 2015.

1. STIstorm

STIstorm Supporting Member

Okay So I just made my first purchase. Getting a Cobb 3in Downpipe and the Cobb Access-port V3. Does anyone have any other recommendations. I still want to be able to use my STi as a daily driver, but I'm not sure if there is a certain map i should install or just let the guys at All Pro do there magic. I had looked into the Cobb intake but was thinking I can just do that another time; or would it be best just to get it out of the way now?

2. Justin V

Justin V Member

Do that, stop there, enjoy.

If you ever plan on a different catback look into another downpipe as the Cobb is tapered to fit a donut gasket like stock. Aftermarket exhausts will require an adapter.

3. Holc13WRX

Holc13WRX Supporting Member

I'm running my cobb downpipe to the stock midpipe and I have a nameless performance axle back (no mufflers) and my car sounds amazing. If your car isn't as loud as you want it I would definitely look into that route. My car is not obnoxiously loud, but it is loud haha.

4. STIstorm

STIstorm Supporting Member

Just want to keep the exhaust stock for now.

5. Enzo

Enzo Supporting Member

I believe the OTS Stage 2 tune only requires a cat back exhaust and a down pipe with a high flow cat.

I daily mine 100 miles a day with a stage 2 tune and its the perfect amount of go while not being crazy.

I second Ben's decision on the Nameless Axle Back though with the muffler delete. Put it on mine and it sounds amazing and Nameless has the cleanest welds I have seen on an exhaust ever.