Next Install Day: Saturday 6/25

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by SkullWRX, Jun 2, 2005.

?

Which day would you prefer for install?

1. Sat, Jun 18

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. Sat, Jun 25

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. No Preference/Either Day

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

nice swap! a 3.0L into a 2000 L?! Crazy-ness! jason, if you want help with your springs, I'll be glad to lend a hand.
    -Kevin

2. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

What do blued headlights look like?! sounds nice

3. slug

slug Member

if its ok i might need some help, and tools, to throw my heatshield back on as we forgot to put it back on after my tbe install

4. Meredith

Meredith Banned

I'll be there, handing out what's left of my wrx and helping people install.

5. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

6. oucatch21

oucatch21 Member

guys ill be ther i want to check out some of your mods so i can get an idea for what stuff i want for mine.... but i dunno where the deck is????

7. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i'll post directions during the week

8. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Athens' Blueing out the lights is the same thing as blacking out the lights but with the WRB color...

9. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

Since the list is currently 17 (possibly 19), do we want to organize food/drinks while we're there? I for one don't have a cooler, but I would be happy to bring some drinks for everyone if someone else can help provide a cool place to put them and ice....

10. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

we'll discuss food/drinks plans soon

11. rolling_trip

looks like i will have a few sparkplugs to change out, so i will be there 4 sure.
    :bowdown:
    weapon i am expecting u there as well, got to see the wagon, plus i may need your help. i got an idea i can drive your car around while u fix mine, how's that sound? :ugh:

12. Alex

Gonna start tallying up on the list who is doing what.

13. xnoodlesx

xnoodlesx recovering meth addict

I will be there as well, i have some heatshield trimming that i need some help with... possibly a bigger front sway if lisa can hook me up :)

14. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

Alex, thanks for putting that list together. I've updated a few things that you left blank or unknown

15. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

The only other thing that I will be doing is taking off the pinstripes if I can get a hair dryer. I might debadge also.

Mark

16. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

there is no power on the top of milos parking deck.

17. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

If there's power available on any other portion of the deck it'll make life easier...

18. Alex

Np :wiggle:

19. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

i'm down...i have a hood scoop splitter to put in but mostly just want to chill and take notes from the pros... :bowdown:

20. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

I'll be there to chill and provide extra tools / hands if need be. [​IMG]

21. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

hey alex, just an fyi that I'm also installing gauges on saturday, hoping that somebody knows how to do this :).
    Craig

22. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

theres a power outlet on the bottom level of the parking deck but there's enough room for maybe 1 car there

23. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

One quick comment.. if you bring tools, might want to identify them somehow since they tend to get mixed up if you have a bunch of people sharing stuff.

24. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

What gauges are you installing, and what type of mount/bezel?

25. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

^^^^ It is boost and oil temp...mounted in a bezel around the steering wheel, if I remember correctly

26. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

Ding Ding for Brett :). I've never done gauges before so I got no clue what to do. my turbo timer has a boost gauge, but if that needs to be unplugged thats fine cuz its not very accurate.
    Craig

27. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

As long as you have the right sender and fittings, it's not bad..

28. AthensWRX

AthensWRX Member

you can go ahead and change mine from leak checkin to leak fixing... it's definitely there. :)

29. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

ill be there spectating but i might install some steering rack bushings

30. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

All right everybody, time to start organizing the second best part of install day! FOOD AND DRINK!
    So far, I've got the following volunteers: Moose: mead, JL889: grill
    We don't have any food or real drinks though. I'm planning on bringing a cooler with ice, water, and sodas. if you have a preference on sodas lemme know. Can I get people to start volunteerings for the following:
    1) Burgers/hot dogs/other grillable food
    2) Chips/munchies
    3) plates/napkins/silverware if applicable
    4) side dishes (if desired)
    5) desserts (if desired)
    6) beer, etc.

I'm counting 27 people on the list right now, possibly more coming (ex: BlueBox), so we need to plan accordingly. If you're bringing guests please note that too so we plan on the proper number. I'll keep the updated list on the first post along with a running total number of people. Milo, can we get directions/address as well please? thanks all!

31. rolling_trip

i will bring some burgers, and buns

mental note to self: "bring burgers, and buns, and dont %#@&! forget!"

32. wrxin8or

I will bring some chips and possibly some beer. Does anyone like american stouts? Cause I can probably get a few of those, plus some normal beer too.

33. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

i can bring the hot dogs and buns...are the directions posted yet somewhere?

34. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

American stouts are always a good call. :bigthumb: as for directions.... milo? :confused: I can get there but i don't know enough street names to get someone else there.

35. anxiousdohc

anxiousdohc New Member

sup guys...i'm pretty new to the site....ummm i have a blitz DC turbotimer that needs to be installed on a 04 WRX....could any of ya help me out??? and could you guys tell me where the parking deck is exactly??

36. wrxin8or

Milo hasnt posted the directions yet, but they will be updated in the first post hopefully soon. As for the turbotimer....I imagine someone will be able to help you out with that.

Oh, and welcome to the site..hope to see you out there on saturday

37. slug

slug Member

im sorry guys i actually wont be able to make it.... i had something come up that morining

38. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

directions updated

39. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i'll get burgers and buns also

40. rolling_trip

u get the wiring harness that goes with it, if so i will help, idid mine in about an hour

41. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

welcome to the site. There's a lot of people going, I'm sure that as long as you have the harness there won't be any problem finding someone who can help you with the install.

42. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

I will bring hot dogs and chips or if you need something different, please tell me and I will do so. Do you all need cash also?. Milo was mentioning possibly $10.00 per person?.

Mark

43. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Since I started the mead today, no telling if it'll be done Saturday... if not, I'll bring some good beer and probably some snacks.

Edit: and my handsome self, of course. :keke:

44. anxiousdohc

anxiousdohc New Member

yea i got the harness....that be great if you guys can help me out....guess i'll see you guys on saturday...really appreciated..

45. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i was thinking we could collect money and order something since we did not have a grill... but looks like skull is doin a good job organizing the food :bigthumb:

46. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

cant wait..this should be a pretty good turnout

47. socrates42

socrates42 Member

might be two more, trying to get the saabaru to go

48. Masterwoo

Masterwoo Member

Was told of this site yesterday by another WRX owner in Norcross.

Pretty cool web site and a lot of activities.....

I may show up just to see what pros are doing with their cars.. My stock WRX could always use more torque/power.... Need permission from the wife first ;-)

49. wrxin8or

Welcome to the site and hope to see you there saturday.

Oh, and btw...none of us are pros...we just say that we are ;)

50. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

speak for urself... im a pro... at sitting around and drinking beer :D