Next Install Day: Saturday 6/25

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by SkullWRX, Jun 2, 2005.

?

Which day would you prefer for install?

1. Sat, Jun 18

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. Sat, Jun 25

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. No Preference/Either Day

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

welcome to the site. Looking forward to meeting you Saturday. It's gonna be a blast and you'll surely pick up a lot of good information while you're there.

2. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
    Actually...I think quite a few of us are pros at sitting around drinking beer :beer:
    LOL see you all saturday

3. MrCoffeeATL

MrCoffeeATL Member

I might be able to go. No installs for me but I'd love to watch/help.

4. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

So, just food is OK?. I would be more than willing to pay the bucks also..

Mark:ugh:

5. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

i think if everyone brings food we will be fine. If we get there and there's not enough we'll deal with the issue then, but as it stands now it looks like we're gonna be okay.

6. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

hmm, does anyone want my world famous "install day chili"?? not sure how many of you actually liked it, you could have just been nice and didnt tell me it really sucked.

7. Genya

Genya No Longer Up At Odd Hours

I will always eat chili! This time I will be on my way to work afterwards so I can take some for dinner if no one eats ^_^ Spicy sauce request as well! Thx!

8. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

you'll have to talk to tom, i left it at his house last install day.

9. Meredith

Meredith Banned

I'll bring plates, cups and napkins!

10. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

so dont bring burgers?

11. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

do bring burgers. we will have a grill thanks to JL889. Chili sounds awesome to me too, does this mean we need bowls of some kind and spoons/forks? I've updated the first post with what everyone has volunteered to bring so far. Please check it to be sure it's right.

12. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

chilli was awesome last time

13. turbowrx

turbowrx New Member

sup guys...sup milo.. I 'm gonna stop by and say wuzz up. I'll also bring some drinks.

14. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

sup shai... its been a while dude... lookin forward to seein u again

15. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

for some reason it doesnt look like theres gonna be enough food unless everyone brings something

16. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

looks like you're right Milo. If the burger people bring 15 burgers each, that's barely enough for everyone to have 1 a piece. I think we need some more volunteers or someone can grab it and get paid back... either way. I can pick up additional stuff tonight and bring it with me tomorrow and let people who didn't bring food know what the cost difference is (obviously people who volunteer have already shelled out money and wouldn't have to pay anything else)

17. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

if more people can bring burgers, then we should be alright

18. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

I can bring some burgers.

19. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Well, looks like mead won't be done, so I'll bring some brews and maybe some salsa or something.. :)

20. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Moose is also bringing the shirts!

:drama: :wiggle: :werd: :ky:

21. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

:wiggle: :wiggle: :fruit: :drama: :fruit: :wiggle: :wiggle:

we're gettin' shirts!

22. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

*drum roll*............

AND I will supply the LAAAADDDDDIIIEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS. :naughty:

:wiggle:

ps: all price ranges :eek3: :rofl:

23. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

So... anybody need me to bring any tools, ramps, etc?

24. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Jack stands if you got em, I am going to be doing some lowering springs so they would definitely help.

25. AthensWRX

AthensWRX Member

i'll need tool help again with new copper gaskets for UP setup... i'll be showing up around noon. see you guys then!

26. Meredith

Meredith Banned

I have jack stands and ramps available.

27. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Ok peeps! I have a question for everyone. I wasn't planning on doing an install tomorrow, because I will be short on time. But, how long does everyone think it would take to do a front sway install? If I got there right at 10am and a few people helped, could we get it done by 11:30? Could I be bumped to the top of the list? Would people mind? If there is already a defined order of installs, then ignore this, otherwise, I would appreciate any input and help! Thanks.

28. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Scott, I doubt there is any order to the installs. I think everybody is just going to start on there stuff when they get there and all the people who are going just to chill will be helping where needed. The front swaybar is kinda a PITA, you have to take apart the entire front underside of the car so to get it done in an 1.5 hours might be kinda tough. Maybe some of the guys like Kris can help you get it done in that short period of time, but being how constricted you will be with Time, I would wait. Maybe we can set up a time for a bunch of us to come to your house and help you with it.

29. BelvnAWD

Cool, Thanks Jason! Maybe the weekend after the 4th of July?

30. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

I request and 18 y.o. :D

Craig

31. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

I'll be there around 9 am to begin the headlight baking process. When Joe gets there I'll be trying to install gauges. I'll try and print off directions, but have no clue what I'm doing!
    Craig

32. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

I'll try to show up around 10-11... depends on how late I stay up.

Just wrapped up a batch of salsa verde that's quite tasty and has some spice.. I'll bring it, some chips, some tasty beers, and tools and crap... seeya tomorrow!

33. MarkM2016GTI

I have had mead in the past from Mt.Airy, MD and it was amazing. My friend also makes his own out in CO.

Mark

34. MarkM2016GTI

Hey Craig, I am doing mine also if the oven will be available. I'll give you a hand if needed. I will be there at 10 am.

Mark

35. MarkM2016GTI

Alex, your chili was kick ass. I would love some of that again...

Mark

36. socrates42

socrates42 Member

yay for chili I will bring plates and maybe a loaf of banana bread.

37. Alex

We just finished making a batch of Alex's chili again..this time its got more kick and more flavor :wiggle:

38. BelvnAWD

Great to see everyone again! It was coll even though I couldn't stay. Mark sorry I missed sayin later in the way out. Moose, I saw you there but didn't get to introduce myself....

39. youradumb1

youradumb1 Member

damn i forgot that was today ...guess i missed it

40. AllboutAWD

AllboutAWD New Member

I will try to make it there with some extra Beer. Also I would need help installing a catback exhaust, btw I drive an Evo, so i'll stick out like a green thumb ^^

41. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Excellent time! Nice seeing you all there. I'll post up a few pictures when I get them off the camera ... didn't take as many as I would have liked. Glad I could help out on the two spring jobs!

42. BlueBox

BlueBox Member

< - - would like to see pic’s of what he missed. I kept thinking all day ‘this stuff could wait’ as I took care of things around here and really wanted to be down there.

43. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

It was great seeing everyone today! I am glad that I could help out with various installs. What a great way to spend a saturday!

I hope to see you guys again at the next install day/event.

--
    Brian

44. shmali

shmali Member

Install Day/Hello

Just wanted to say hello again to everyone i saw out at the install today. Had a lot of fun and learned a bit too. Looking forward to next time when I can start participating with my own a bit. ;)
    -Adam

45. JL889

JL889 Pandastic!

Meeting was Great today. It was nice seeing you guys today. I will be your Grill master anyday. Looking foward to our next meet soon!- Joe

46. Alex

The install day was a great sucess and I would like to thank Milo and Amol for opening their home to us. At one point, I counted at least 25 cars there. That's amazing :)

I'd like to take a second to say how impressed I am with how the day turned out; it was one of our larger gatherings ever :) It was great finally meeting some of the new guys, as well as seeing some familiar faces. From what it seemed, most of the day went off without a hitch, some people had thier issues along the way, but everything at the end seemed to be quite relaxed.

Just throwing in my $.02...I'm tired as hell :zzz:

47. Alex

Was greating meeting ya, thanks for swining by and for all the help throughout the day/

48. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

nice meeting u buddy... hope to catch u at future events

49. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

it was great meeting u all u guys... lookin forward to seeing all of u at future events

50. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

So did Mr Leak's car leak or not?

Also, Alex: how are you liking the PD?