NICE GTX35R STI on the dyno @ TSM

Discussion in 'TopSpeed Motorsports' started by Cicio@TopSpeed, Jul 27, 2012.

1. I know I haven't really kept you guys up with all the Subaru builds coming in and out of TopSpeed, but i'll try to change that.

I just thought I would throw a thread up about this car. It's on the dyno getting some Doug lovin right now and doing really well. We did not build the car, but have the privilege of tuning it. Very nice looking build with some great parts! Both Doug and I are excited to see how she does.

Here is a top level mod list:

Build Motor
    Head Games Heads
    272 Cams
    Custom Turbo Kit
    GTX35R w/.63 AR
    FMIC

Here are some pictures guys, I'll update the thread as it goes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Electioneer

Electioneer Member

That is Stirhino's car. All of that Tigwerks stuff is certainly nice!

3. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

4. I doubt that. The block isn't pinned so Doug will stop at less than 25psi of boost to keep it as safe as it can be.

Not that it doesn't have the capability of making that kind of power, but the question would be for how long :)

5. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

My EJ205 wasn't pinned and was bone stock engine......27 psi DAILY for 150k miles.

My built tractor motor wasn't pinned....27 psi daily and 32 psi race fuel....still running last I heard but prolly doesn't even have 5000 miles on it.

6. stirhino

stirhino Member

Final is 540 awhp 462 torque

7. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

holly molly donut shop

Congrats dude,

8. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

How much boost? Nice numbers.

9. rsutton1223

rsutton1223 Obsessed Supporting Member

According to what Doug posted on Facebook, it was 26 psi.

10. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Was that on pump?

11. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

12. h23bb2

h23bb2 Member

E85. The car will likely never have pump gas in it again...

13. stirhino

stirhino Member

Thanks Doug for the help! We only had 1 little hang up which was the Tial 44mm was leaking. :( So I had to buy a new Wastegate :( . Me and Doug had it switched out in no time then it was on to making Powa :) .

14. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

Really awesome car... Over the last decade now of tuning subaru's I have learned what works and what doesn't for big hp stock sleeve builds.

Even still sometimes things surprise you, but in an effort to keep this one around for some time I kept the boost pressure to 25-26psi. It made 540whp (sae) and 550whp (std) correction. Yes I could have easily turned it up to 32psi made one or two pulls on the dyno for that 600whp number. But how long would it last before it oval'd the stock sleeves or worse cracked one.

15. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Awesome tune and awesome build. Sounds like it worked well together.