nopi 07?

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by scoobster, Jul 11, 2007.

1. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Sure, we can set up another Dave and Busters Evening the night before Nopi. I think that was better than Nopi itself last year. Great turnout with lots and lots of Subies, and an absolutely beautiful Carbon Fiber NSX, thanks CoolRex for bringing that guy)

2. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

For those interested, Friday is the cutoff for early registration. After Friday, price for registration will go up $10.

3. rallymewrx

rallymewrx Member

i will be there...
    let me make sure i have the GPS set right....

Dave n Busters
    4000 Venture Dr.
    Duluth, GA 30096
    around 7PM on Friday

and

Caravan to Nopi
    Varsity Downtown
    61 North Avenue
    atl, GA 30308

4. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

I am leaving town on Sunday so I am having a hard time justifying $85-$95 to show my car for one day! Maybe I will just meet up at D&B on Friday night instead!

5. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I just may be driving that NSX this year. My car is staying home this year. Thing is the NSX is no longer red and CF. It's blacked out with red, blue and gold pearl.

[​IMG]

6. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

When is the cutoff to have the tickets mailed to you?

7. rallymewrx

rallymewrx Member

holys*it ^

8. rallymewrx

rallymewrx Member

the 5th i think

9. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Sweet man, can't wait to see it in person. If you end up driving that down here this year, can you take me for a quick ride around the Dave and Busters Area.

10. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

If I go to the Dave and Buster's g2g I would be more than glad to. We will be leaving out really late Friday so I doubt we will even make it.

11. savsuby

savsuby Member

I'll be there.

12. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

We are juggling whether to take the NSX or not. The R32 Skyline may come down instead. Man I hate these decisions. We don't care about the show....just want to get our name out more and maybe sell the Skyline. Which one to take.....grrrrrr.

13. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Pics of the Skyline?

14. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

We got to get it back first. It's being painted as we speak.

15. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Once you can get some pics, start a poll on here and get everyones opinion.

Honestly, that NSX is just amazing. I can't see any paintjob beating out that carbon fiber, but I could be wrong.

What about trailoring both cars here. Then you don't have to make a decision.

16. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Will do. I'm trying to get him to let me drive one of them and trailoring the other. Steve is worried about messing up the paint but I told him that's what blue painters tape is for ;) Theres 8 head of us going so may as well take advantage of the $85 for a ticket for two people and parking inside right?

17. wrx ky

wrx ky New Member

We'll be leaving KY Friday morning on the 14th. I hope we can meet you guys someplace Friday night.

18. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

How about Dave and Busters again, just like last year?

19. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Since a lot of people will be comin into town on Friday for NOPI, it would be nice to meet everyone over drinks and games. No place better than Dave n Busters for hanging out and sufficient parking.

Where:
    Dave n Busters
    4000 Venture Dr
    Duluth, GA - 30096-5035

When:
    Friday, 9/14/07 @ 8pm

Hope to see you all there

20. wrx ky

wrx ky New Member

Sounds good. We'll be bringing 9 or so cars again this year.

21. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

22. rallymewrx

rallymewrx Member

cant wait

23. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Okay 4 vehicles have been registered. I can't freaking get an extra ticket for 1 extra person! Also it didn't say anything about mailing tickets out! I am NOT waiting in that damn line again. Does anyone know anything to make me feel better?

24. rallymewrx

rallymewrx Member

Registrations made after 9/05/2007 must be picked up at Will Call at Gate 12.

:)

25. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

So the tickets will be mailed? Why can't I order one extra ticket for the extra passenger?

26. rallymewrx

rallymewrx Member

im not sure. looks like your friend will be waiting in line.

27. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Pshhhht we'll stuff him in the trunk if anything.

28. wrx ky

wrx ky New Member

Are you guys planning a morning meet to caravan into the show again?

29. wrx ky

wrx ky New Member

Last year one of our passengers lost his ticket durring on the first day of the show, so Sunday we stuffed him in a trunk to get him in LOL.

30. savsuby

savsuby Member

I just registered. Can't wait to see you guys.

31. savsuby

savsuby Member

There is only 9 members registered. Anybody else going? Alex and Milo are you going?

32. AK_Raptor

AK_Raptor Member

I registered and will they mail the tickets or what?

33. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

We are all registered but not under WRX Atlanta.

AK_Raptor I think they will mail the tickets out. I hate Nopi's ordering process....it sucks balls.

34. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Are you serious...lmao! Well Steve's son Jake is only 12 and like 4'8" and 90 lbs....should be easy....lol

35. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

There's a chance I will be traveling that weekend. I'm trying to figure out those details before I buy.

36. Proxy One

Proxy One Member

Is anyone caravaning down on friday night? I see that some guys are meeting at D&B over in Duluth on Friday but are you going to NOPI from there or on Saturday?

37. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

We usually have a caravan Saturday morning that leaves from the Varisty downtown. Details on that will probably be posted soon.

38. Proxy One

Proxy One Member

Well ill be going down friday night anyhow just seeing if anyone else was too. I got hotel and they require 2 nights for the reservation for NOPI weekend.

l8r
    Jeremy

39. pankopp

pankopp Member

i registered my 914 already under our club. last year i brought a friend in the floor of the back seat, covered in chairs and a blanket. No room for him in the trunk with the cooler full of beer and food. it worked great.

40. Nitro

Nitro Active Member

i saw that 914 registered....i was like wtf? lol imma register tonight

41. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

you'll prolly see a lot of Army stuff, but look me up! I'll be at the Air Force set up goofin around.;)

42. pankopp

pankopp Member

yeah i registered the 914 instead of the subbie this year. But it does have and ej-22 powering it, so that makes it kinda like a subaru. 1950 lbs and 145 hp.

Its not done yet, but it should be by then. And if not then i will rep the wrx.

pankopp

43. KyleTaylor

KyleTaylor New Member

Is it ok that I registered with my friend's minitruck? I am sure some people could hide under the bed cover...

and what are the plans for leaving from the Varsity Saturday AM?

44. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Today, September 5 is the last day to get Direct Drive-in Credentials and tickets by mail. After today, registration packets and tickets will have to be picket up at will call. With thosands of people arriving at the same time, the will call line will be long. If you are registering and are bringing more than 1 other person with you, additional tickets will be available at the entrance tunnel and can be purchases on your way in. If you have never been to the show before but are planning to attend, this will save you a lot of time on Saturday morning.

Registration is on pace to have another packed house event.....

That's all for now.

Mark Meyers

NOPI

45. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Heh last year I jumped the entire line and got my ticket. I gave everyone the 'don't fuck with me' look and they didn't say anything.

46. AK_Raptor

AK_Raptor Member

got my tickets in the mail already hope no one has to wait in line

47. runvusofme

runvusofme Member

Does anybody have extra room for me to stay in? I'm coming in Friday from Huntsville, AL and I was looking for a place to stay. I can pay some money as well. PM me if you do. Thanks!

48. cruizer

cruizer Member

I hope the drifting event will be better this year.

49. Nitro

Nitro Active Member

yupp i was wondering about Sat roll out? someone post up a time for the V.

50. savsuby

savsuby Member

Are we going to meet up at the varsity?