North GA Meet-N-Greet / Run What Ya Brung!

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by New92, Jul 4, 2010.

1. New92

New92 Member

Ok guys, thanks for posting up! Looks like there will be about 6 of us. So I guess it will be braughts instead! I know your all choked up about that :) Just check out the first page for updated details, times etc. Look forward to seein you all there.

Ben 678-457-0703

2. slade1274

slade1274 Member

Just to confirm from post #33 that we're still shooting for 9:30am for the "first run".... that's the only place in the thread I saw a time.

3. New92

New92 Member

Yes sir, 9:30 in deed. Don't know if you saw but we will be skipping the first run as the gravel portion may eat up those with lowered suspensions.

4. slade1274

slade1274 Member

Yep, saw that and wanted to make sure dropping the warm up didn't push the time out. Not that I wouldn't mind sitting around for a while listening to the stereo. ;)

5. New92

New92 Member

Or taking a nap;)

Ok guys, the weather here is supposed to remain rain free until sometime around 2pm. Its cloudy and ugly looking but the roads should be dry by the time we get up there around 10:30 or so. Just call me on my cell if your running behind and or cant make it. That way we dont wait on ya.

Ben

6. slade1274

slade1274 Member

Leaving now.... May be a few mins behind..

7. New92

New92 Member

Success, and the only casualties were a broken windshield and a set of blazing hot brakes!

The award for Super Wonder Under Dog gos to.........SUPERDOUGHBOY4! He valiently charged the mountain in his 4spd automatic Mazda3 and stuck his front end squarely up the tail pipe of SLADE1274 the entire run. Slade himself led the pack in a casual ho-hum manner maintaining 4th gear the entire run with nary a touch of the brakes! As for myself, I will forever be haunted in my dreams by pink badges, LOL!

Thanks to all who came and made yesterday such a fun safe time.

8. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

I'm glad you guys had fun. If I got some more sleep I would have been there to play with that mustang.

9. New92

New92 Member

Well, after the downhill, his brakes were shot! I was trailingbehind and must say that he surprised me with how he hammered through the turns but a quarter into the run and the stench was unbearable. He's currently fighting the urge to trade in on a hatch, LOL!

10. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Yeah man... I knew something was gonna happen to my windshields trailing behind Slade.
    A good chunk of gravel kept hitting the right side of my windshield. I didn't notice it until after leaving New92's home. Lameeeeee. But crazy fun! Too bad you couldn't come out Sean.

11. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Droid Build/FRG01B) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Glad to hear it was a fun and safe event. :)

12. slade1274

slade1274 Member

Man, sorry to hear about the windshield :(

thanks again Ben for introducing us to that stretch if road and hosting lunch!

And I did use third more when we weren't trapped behind someone. Lol.