Official Gun Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by wrxin8or, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Jake

Jake Active Member

let me know how long it takes you. IIRC it took my roomate 3 months to get his from Cobb County. If thats the case, then I'll go back home to Bryan County to get mine. I know people there who got them in 3 hours.

2. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

I'll keep this thread updated on when I actually get around to applying, and when I get it.

Hell if it is 3 months, I will probably pick up something a little smaller by then :rofl:

3. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

Yeah, whenever I get my CC permit I am buying a Walther PPK. James Bond Style...

4. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

5. Walther P99 AS .40
    I installed a clipdraw clip so I could carry it in my waistband clipped to my pants so it doesn't fall.

[​IMG]

Glock 27 - which is a concealable .40
    Here is a pic with a clipdraw installed (I don't have a clipdraw on my 27, so its just for reference)
    [​IMG]

a SKKY CPX-1 (they changed their company name to SCCY because there is SKYY vodka, hahaha)
    [​IMG]

Now I am looking for a good revolver. I want something reliable. any suggestions? It will be for home defense, and possibly concealed carry. something with a readily available ammo type would also be good.

6. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

Trying to compensate much?:keke:

7. MrCoffeeATL

MrCoffeeATL Member

a clipdraw on a glock is akin to asking for castration :hsugh:

Even on a Beretta 9f, it moved around too much with just the clip draw. I was worried it would fall out of my pants in publix or something

8. that would be why my clipdraw weapon is the one I can load a round and de-cock it. I sure don't want the firing pin sprung when its pointing at my junk.

9. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Like the 9mm Luger Cobra Derringer, put in my pocket no worries. Keep the Broom Handle Mauser at home under lock and key.

10. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

Applied for my CCW on 8/18. was mailed two days later

this was in bartow county. $46, and everything was electronic (even the prints)

11. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

picked this up today:

[​IMG]

taurus PT1911. SEXY

12. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

Nice! I'll go with next time you go to the range. I need to stay fresh...

For my contribution, this is what I have:
    [​IMG]

13. seanwrxwagon

seanwrxwagon Member

I got a ruger p89 9mm from my father as a christmas present. I've been to the range twice so far with it. I have been looking into buying a glock 19 or a rock island armory 1911 A1 but no money for fun stuff these days. We need to have a meet at nick's guns one of these days.
    My gun is like this one but with a safety and the silver/gray finish.
    http://www.ruger-firearms.com/Firearms/FAProdView?model=3042&return=Y

14. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Sorry, luckily...Taurus has great customer service!

15. wrxin8or

I am at Nicks about every Saturday (especially as of late). Usually there right at 10am.

16. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Kimber Raptor 45

Sig GSR 1911 45 (best gun ever)

Colt Gold Cup 45

Colt 1911 45(worked over with lots of wilson stuff)

Colt 1911 38super(1952 I think)

Colt Python Blue Polish 4" 357 magnum

Ruger Black Hawk 357\38special\9mm acp

Smith and Wesson 329pd airlite 44 magnum

Smith and Wesson 44 mag nickel 7.5 inch barrel

Rugger 22 bull Barrel Olympic Target model

H&K USP 9mm

Rock Island Arms 1911 .38super

I have some hunting rifles too.

Weatherby 30-06

Weatherby 25-06

Benelli 12ga

Winchester over under 20ga duck gun

Mauser (given to me)

Browning Sweet 16

and a couple of others, I'm sure I missed a couple but thats all I can think of at the moment.

17. wrxin8or

I'll take it.

Deliver to the shop on Monday;)

18. slowwrx

LOL, just sold it to a buddy of mine because he had to have it.....one of the worst guns I've ever owned.

19. wrxin8or

Ok, then I will take the Gold Cup or the other 1911 .45.

kthxbai lol

20. JL889

JL889 Pandastic!

I don't know if i posted in here before

-Sig Sauer P229 .40 S&W

[​IMG]

21. JL889

JL889 Pandastic!

22. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

you're an idiot and sound like every other gun expert on the internet

23. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

not an expert...I was a victim.

[​IMG]

24. wrxin8or

Ohhhh SNAP.

the 24/7 was a clusterfuck IIRC

25. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

if i recall correctly?

or

if i read on the internet correctly? :rofl:
    everyone I've talked to says their 1911 is tits. proven design so hard to fuck up I guess. I'd only buy their revolvers and 1911. weird semi-auto designs probably not

Last edited: Feb 14, 2009
  26. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

It really pissed me off because the gun felt sooo good in my hand. The 24/7 got refunded through Taurus...after 7 months in the shop. Paid for part of my Glock 22. Now the .357 magnum snub nose I had from Taurus...was the shit.

I personally, would/and probably will, only by a revolver from Taurus.

27. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

so whens the next gun meet?

28. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

Glock 9mm

some 22 Rifle

and I just picked up a Davis Industries p380

29. MrCoffeeATL

MrCoffeeATL Member

Just picked up a glock 30SF 45acp to go along with my glock21. The 21 was getting too big to carry with out a jacket and now that it's so warm out it was getting to be a PITA.

I've shot my bosses 45 taurus (semi auto, not 1911) and thought it felt notchy and amplified the recoil. I'm curious to try the 1911 one you got some time to see how it feels.

30. seanwrxwagon

seanwrxwagon Member

I've heard nothing but good things about the taurus 1911. I wish they offered it in a commander length.

31. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

yeah, a shorter barrel would be really nice. still hard to beat for the price

32. WJM

WJM Banned

See my post #92

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  33. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

^^^ Damn!!! That is a scope!

34. WJM

WJM Banned

Yep. Mueller APV

Sits too high on that mount, going to get a lower version this weekend and re sight it in....unless it rains again.

I tried it on the AK, but the rails all sit way too high. Any of the other mounts also sit the scope too high...

35. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

Good idea! lets have a meet at a range and have a shooting challenge! Keep it simple: 10 rounds, most in the center circle wins. :naughty:

Handguns only... BTW...

36. WJM

WJM Banned

I'm totally up for that next time I'm in ATL.

37. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

You and your 25' scope aren't invited... You can basically put the other end of that beast ON the target... hahaha!

38. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

can I wear my navy expert pistol marksman ribbon ? :rofl:

I can only shoot 9 without reloading :(

39. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

You can wear whatever you need and reload if you have to... I won't judge.

40. slowwrx

LOL...I've got the perfect gun for this...lol

41. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

I do to... an XD9 with a steady hand...

ooooh... trash talk. :cool:

42. WJM

WJM Banned

Ok, here's my stash...after I incresed the ammo and mag count today.

[​IMG]

Top left: 500 rounds of .22LR CCI Stinger Hypervelocity hollow point, 3-25rnd magazines, 2-10 round magazines. All for the 10/22.

Top Center: Five 30 round AK47 mags, loaded and ready to go with FMJ 7.62x39mm.

Top Right: ~600 rounds of FMJ 7.62x39mm.

Immediately below the ammo cans: Romanian AK-47, stamped receiver, muzzle brake, collapsible stock and weaver rail. I have a quick release side mount on the way for it. I have a Bi-pod as well, I may install it tomorrow.

Last but not least at the bottom: Ruger 10/22 .22LR. Nothing special really, folding stock, flash hider...I might get a lower scope rail for it (I have a rail but it sits the scope too high) and another scope as the Mueller APV is going on the AK.

Not pictured, I have this: http://www.muelleroptics.com/products/MAPV451440.html

It will go on the AK when the rail and chambered laser bore sight comes in. I had it on the .22, but I'm going to try it on the AK and if it works well, I'll get another and a lower rail for the .22 and go at it again.

In the works:

Saiga-12 and associated must haves.
    Concealed carry license.
    Walther P22 as a 'starter' hand gun.
    MORE AK mags, drums and ammo.
    Possibly a .308 semi-auto rifle of some sort or larger caliber for super accurate long range shooting.
    H&K or Glock handgun after the Walther has 'worn off', at which point I'll rid the wifey of her 'gunaphobia' and it'll become hers as a starter.

43. WJM

WJM Banned

^ouch.

So I received 10 more 30 round magazines today...9 of them are ready to go now. the 10th one decided to be damaged.

44. WJM

WJM Banned

As some of you might remember, my AK came with a top triple rail cover and a reflex sight that neither are worth a shit.

It was prezactly like this one:
    [​IMG]

It say my Mueller APV waaaay too high up, not to mention it didnt stay one spot for more than one shot at a time.

The reflex sight was garbage. Previous owner got it for $20 or so...junk I tell you, JUNK!!!

So...on the recommendation of a well known Tomcat pilot, I purchased this:

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/aksiramoqude.html

Nearly PERFECT fitment. I just had to file away some roughness off the stock siderail that was stamped onto the AK's receiver...if not for those it would have fit right out of the box. It truly is quick on and off.

The scope sits PERFECTLY onto the rails for position. The only drawback was that it seems to have tilted the scope back such that its aiming way high even at 10 feet. A quick readjust on the scope rings and it should be good.

I also had a Bi-pod for the 10/22 that I figured would be 100% more usable on the AK vs the 10/22. The legs store forward and have adjustable length.

Finally, the pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hopefully I'll be bore sighting it (comparing the chambered laser vs the muzzle laser) and shooting...if things go well I hope to get close groupings at 100, 200 and maybe 300 yards. Yes yes, thats the "limit" of the gun and "If you're lucky" but I'm going to give it a good honest try so long as I can get it zero'd/accurate for the 10~100 yard range. From there I'll go farther.

45. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

sorry I did not remember

46. WJM

WJM Banned

Which is why I posted about it.

47. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

picked up this big baby raper today, used:

[​IMG]

my 1911 on top, and my new .44mag wheel gun. :banana:

48. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

i just got my license and my dad gave me one of his pistols. It's a Phoenix Arms HP22. I want to buy a threaded barrel and a suppressor but I can't find it anywhere online.

49. WJM

WJM Banned

suppressor requires massive paperwork and red tape. Unless you find yourself a corporation that'll let you 'borrow' one, there's a 99.9% chance you will never legally own a suppressor.

See this link for more info on that: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Firearms_Act