*OFFICIAL* Spring 2016 Install Day!

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by Matt, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

This is an official WRXAtlanta meet. We're hosting an install day and you're more than welcome to join us!

Date: Saturday, April 23rd! (1 week before Boxer Takeover!) (also, as this is completely outside, we're at the mercy of the weather.

Time: 9am - 5pm. This is a hard deadline. No one will be around all evening waiting on you to get finished. So be prepared!

Where:
    JPM Coachworks
    1600 Wilson Way SE #12, Smyrna, GA 30082
    Map!

What we'll supply: lunch! For $5 per person, you'll have access to chips, burgers, hot dogs. If there's something special you require, feel free to bring it and we'll put it on the grill (provided it's a grillable item. There is no full kitchen here. Also, we'll have plenty of water and sodas.

Some tools (air compressor, basic tools on a loan out basis, jack stands if need be).

Wi-Fi! (for looking up tutorials on the parts you're installing. This is NOT for downloading the latest season of Game of Thrones!)

What you will supply: your parts. Willingness to work on your own vehicle! This is not a day where you bring your parts and your vehicle and expect someone else to do all the work while you look around and mingle with other like minded individuals. So come ready to get dirty.

Stipulations (VERY Important):
    Here are some guidelines to the install day. This is not for a full motor swap, or anything like that. Our gracious hosts have required that no fluids are to be changed at this event. This prevents spillage in addition to the unfortunate and quite possible "my car won't move" scenario. Also, they have requested no alcohol be present at this event. It's a fun event to learn about your vehicle more and how to work on your car. *Built not bought*

Special Announcement! We'll have a special announcement during the day about future WRXAtlanta meets. Make sure you're there for this!

2. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

Holy Sheet....

This is awesome. Hope I'm in town.

3. orndog

orndog Member

Very cool.

4. Matt

subject to change as well. still ironing out the deets

5. Wrx16

Wrx16 New Member

Atlanta tuner/dyno shop

So since a lot of us are in the world of mods for our cars where do you guys
    Take your subarus to be tuned ?? Since I'm in the cumming area I was thinking
    Of all pro subie or top speed motor sports..
    Any recommendations? On while it's on my brain how much whp and wtq are you guys running on a 2015/16 wrx? Trying to get an idea of how much I get out
    Of my car without a full motor build up.

6. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

looking forward to it

7. Matt

QED tuning (all pro), TopSpeed, DBW Motorsports.

It's really up to you and who you're most comfortable with. They're all plenty capabale and will leave you satisfied. Contact them all, head up to the shop, get a feel for them before you make your final decision.

8. Western

Western Supporting Member

Definitely looking forward to it! Also, great job on the clean up!

9. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Thanks! See you there :wiggle:

10. orndog

orndog Member

Might swing by. If I could find an exhaust for the Fozzie it would be a great day for it.

11. Matt

you can at the very least compare your redline goods stuff against JPMs. :p

12. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

Very cool! If I can get the team to hold down our detail day, I'll do my best to attend!

13. Alex

We'd appreciate it, sir.

14. Wrx16

Wrx16 New Member

I need some help

I have my 2016 wrx I have a CAI and I want to buy a catback and jpipe and get a tune
    What whp and wtq are you guys making safely without
    Getting head work done and getting real crazy..
    Does any one have a 2015-2016 wrx they have tuned.
    I'm just trying to avoid major headaches I've heard some real bad stories about guys
    Getting bad tunes and don't want to be part of that for sure

15. Alex

Sounds like a great opportunity to learn more by speaking with a professional tuner and possibly take advantage of the TopSpeed tuning sale http://wrxatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36703

16. Wrx16

Wrx16 New Member

Thank you

Thanks for the link I will get In touch with those guys

17. Western

Western Supporting Member

I'm going to try and make it after work. I'll not take a lunch that day and leave early so I can make it down there before everyone leaves!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Alex

Awesome!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

19. wrxin8or

As of right now it is going to be sunny and 80 on Saturday, so look forward to a great day!

20. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Or...bring the crew down and offer onsite detailing?

21. Drowland87

Drowland87 Staff Member Supporting Member

Are you coming out Cohen?

22. wrxin8or

I would definitely take you up on that if you make it down Justin

You going to make it out cohen?

23. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

Little ones bday tomorrow so I'll be doing that. Hope everyone has a great time!!!

24. ghionw

ghionw Member

I should probably bring my blacked out headlights that I've been meaning to install. The wiring and stowing of the ballasts are my weak area.

25. Drowland87

In case anyone forgot it was today, come out the weather is great!

26. Taylor@TSM

Taylor@TSM Member

Justin and I are heading down now

27. Drowland87

Awesome, see you then!

28. Drowland87

Thank you to everyone that came out yesterday! We had a great turn out and everyone had a good time. We will definitely have to do another one soon!

29. Alex

What a great turnout! Thanks again to everyone who was able to come spend their Saturday down with other owners / enthusiasts.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

30. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

Thanks for coordinating and grilling. Great to see everybody. Weather was great, cool cars, and good people.