*Official* WRXAtlanta Topspeed Dyno Day 5/30/09!

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by wrxin8or, Apr 17, 2009.

1. longfury

longfury Active Member

You can take me off the list. I am not going to make it.

2. FACE

FACE Active Member

I'll let you know what we put down stock ;)

3. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Still haven't seen the new turbo so I won't be going on the dyno. I will probably come out for a little bit between my races in Alpharetta.

4. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

I have a question for Brett and Alex...how many people is it going to take to make this a success? I'm guessing TopSpeed has some kind of quota in mind, and if this is to become some kind of annual or bi-annual deal, we need to have a certain number of participants show up...

Additionally, do we need to bring food for lunch or is it going to be supplied? I see a lot of people saying they are going to show up and mingle, but not get on the dyno. If food isn't provided, this point will be mute and not much of an issue. I guess I'm just wondering if this is going to be a giant spectator show where nobody wants to pony up the massive $40 bill and only five people actually get on the dyno.

FYI, I'm getting tuned the week before this event, so I'll already know what kind of numbers I'll see. However, I feel it's more beneficial for the community and our vendor sponsors if we support this event from a proprietary standpoint.

Last edited: May 11, 2009
  5. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

^^^ I is spectating...boo me.

6. FACE

FACE Active Member

I will be dynoing but as stated before i will be paying on 5-22

7. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Great question. I did not discuss a minimum with TS frankly because I did not plan for this type of problem to occur. And yes, this is a problem...not to mention a disappointment. I have had numerous people ask me relentlessly for an "official" dyno day, yet only four people have signed up. Of these four, three are WRXAtlanta.com staff. What gives?

Originally, I was going to provide food for everyone participating in the dyno day + TS crew and charge $5 to all guests. This now seems like a moot point. On Wednesday we will make the decision on whether or not to cancel this event or open it to other makes (causing problems for TS and delaying the day) to try and fill the spots.

Thanks for reading :)

8. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

9. kingwrex

kingwrex Supporting Member

ill dyno my wrx and my forester for the fun of it.
    ill try and send the money tonight when i get home

10. techlord

techlord Active Member

The list in the OP only has 4 confirmed? I wasn't planning to put my car up but will if needed.

11. wrxin8or

Yep. The list is everyone who posted in this thread showing interest. There are currently 4 people who have paid.

12. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Got news...call me tomorrow

13. kingwrex

kingwrex Supporting Member

payment sent for 2 cars to be dynoed.
    COME ON PEOPLE!!!!!!!

14. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

I'm down to come hangout. My funds are limited due to being an out of state tuition college student, so no dyno for me.

15. b reel

b reel Active Member

Well I'll be there with my bugeye for shits and may trailer up the RSR to make the last run of the day. I'll know Wed for sure. Hopefully it will survive Mid-Ohio this weekend as for me I'll be here because I couldn't get the days off.

16. wrxin8or

you guys fucking rock!

and post pics of the RSR!

17. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

18. techlord

techlord Active Member

Might I suggest you pull names off the list unless they have paid. That long list has to be a turn off for some.

19. b reel

b reel Active Member

Sparta post some video from Road Atlanta, anything will do I know you got something of the car by the trailer

20. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Dang I wish I wasn't 5 hrs away. I'd bring the new 685 hp ride but then again I couldn't dyno it since it's RWD.

21. gtaccord

gtaccord Member

I will likely pay on Friday. I don't get paid until then.

22. wrxin8or

Awesome! Hopefully we can fill this list up and make sure this happens!

23. Valerie

Valerie Member

Hello All! As the office manager/Only female that works here at TopSpeed, I would like to make this the WRXAtlanta DynoDay/WRXAtlanta Baby Shower for Baby Siegel!

As most of you may know, Scott is expecting his first child, a little girl, in June! As a baby siegel, we must bring her into the WRXAtlanta Community and give her a proper welcoming party! :)

Scott and Ashley are Registered at Target. Cake and drinks will be served, so bring a baby present! :) If you don't know what to get, Diapers are ALWAYS welcomed! :)

Thanks and for more info feel free to PM me or call the shop!

Valerie!

24. Thats Awesome! Congrats Scott....

25. Jake

Jake Active Member

Hmm will bring baby donation

26. Valerie

Valerie Member

Just an update...Scott and Ashley have more than enough newborn diapers....if you choose to buy diapers, get the ones for older babies, i.e. 6+ months!

27. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Can't ya feel the love?

28. pressley311

pressley311 Member

Is the list full i might be able to make it depending on work

29. FACE

FACE Active Member

I'm sure if you want to dyno and make payment you will be added to the list :)

30. wrxin8or

The list is absolutely NOT full. As a matter of fact, there are very few registered and paid participants.

31. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

Val, I will be there tuesady at 12 for tuning with Scott. I will pay my portion when I settle my tab for the tuning then

32. FACE

FACE Active Member

33. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Bump, bump!

34. FACE

FACE Active Member

to the top! come on out and play people!

35. Boricua Racer

Boricua Racer New Member

I'll be there... No dyno for me though. My 18g puts down so much power I would break the dyno! Come on, where is your sense of humor?

36. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

I can pay cash when I get there, yes?

37. gtaccord

gtaccord Member

38. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

newp.

39. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Oh please.....

40. Boricua Racer

Boricua Racer New Member

Myrtle? I'm from Wilmington but live in ATL now. What's under your hood? Just curious since your avatar looks to have a fmic.

41. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Edit:

Not starting drama.......

but you know me as you sure talked smack at a National Speed dyno day.

Last edited: May 19, 2009
  42. Boricua Racer

Boricua Racer New Member

Haha nice! Out of the 20+ subarus that dyno'd that day I was the highest HP subaru... sad. Hopefully, we will have some big boys come out this saturday.

That's too funny that you know me and I don't recognize you just by your screen name. You coming down for Saturday? If so, I'll see you then.

Also, no drama here. All fun and games my friend.

43. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

balls. Alex, I'll come throw some money your way. :unamused:

44. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I didn't dyno that day. I'm not gonna put my car on a dyno when there is a wall 2 feet from the bumper that almost came in contact with several cars....period.

45. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Coolrex you going to come to this one? Its at your favorite place

46. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I live 5 1/2 hrs away guys.

47. FACE

FACE Active Member

I know more of you want to sign up and dyno!

:naughty:

48. Jake

Jake Active Member

Aaaannnd? Your point?

49. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

You pay the gas money and the wear and tear on my car and I'll go. Nuff said.

50. FACE

FACE Active Member