Ofiicial Gun/firearm thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by yerrow, Oct 25, 2012.

1. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Thanks to our Comrade, this cheap rifle I bought as pretty much a throwaway rifle will sell for enough to buy me a new car.

2. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

nice, i regret not picking up an armalite or two when a friend was picking up a couple over the weekend :(

3. integroid

I had 20 New Frontier complete lowers I could of purchased on Saturday for $90 ea if bought in lots of 5 but I passed on them and only purchased 1. OTD has people getting $350ea for them right now.

4. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

Dang!!!

5. Jake

Jake Active Member

the local distributor (also happens to be the 4th largest distributor of firearms in the US), posted this less than a half hour after we left the store today:
    "Customer Product & Service Notification

To give our customers the highest level of customer service, with overwhelming demand, it is unfortunate that we have had to discontinue the sales of all firearm magazines on our website. Over the past several days our amazing customers have ordered more magazines than we can supply.

At this time, we are unable to give a firm delivery date for orders already placed for firearm magazines. Our staff is actively working on a solution for a positive inventory level and working with vendors to fill all backorders. Once this occurs, firearm magazines will be offered for sale on our website again. Due to the high volume of calls, it may be difficult to contact us regarding the status of your web order. However, we will call or email you back as soon as possible with an update on your existing order. Please check back with us often for the latest information via Facebook.com/GTDistributors or at GTDist.com.

On behalf of the GT Distributors family, thank you for your business and patience during this busy holiday season!"

but oh i forgot to mention, while we were there they wheeled out a shopping cart full of AR and AK magazines and we picked up 5 immediately.

apparently they also had Colt 'send them whatever they could send them' yesterday and before the end of the day they sold out of all 150 rifles they received that morning.

6. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Just in time for the clock to strike 12 ;). Theoretically if it wasn't submerged under 100 ft of water atleast.

Delton/DTI upper up top. Took the bcg and used it in my PSA pencil. Probably going to sell the stripped DTI.
    [​IMG]

Anyone know anything about delton/DTI bcg's or in general?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  7. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Eddie is that the dissapator upper from PSA? Is that the lw-15 lower on it?

I don't know AR's but my speculation is that the lw-15 lower is not going to last. To easy to put a lot of torque on the front take down pin, and it looks like there was no extra material added in that location.

Hope I'm wrong, short term goal is to make it last past the current guy in charge. My rifle IS pretty freakin light that being said.

8. ChrisW

ChrisW Member

Pmags are going for $75-125 each on eBay...

9. Jake

Jake Active Member

they're still $15 in the brick and mortar stores or $10 each if you buy 1000 and turn around and sell them for $50. haha

10. integroid

Yup that is. I just got a Troy quad rail from some guy for $80. Just finished installing it. I might put this upper on another Lower I have built up and use the NFA Lower on my Sota Arms upper that will be here tomorrow. I will have to see which one is better quality.

11. ChrisW

ChrisW Member

Where? All of my local shops are sold out.

12. integroid

Yeah, everyone is sold out in ATL

13. crazyazn

online has been backordered since earlier this week too, missed out on some magpul's :(

14. Let the price gouging begin.Gonna head to the gun show and see whats up tomorrow..

15. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

where's the show this weekend?

16. Jake

Jake Active Member

i keep telling you guys, GT distributors. they have a location in Rossville, GA. it might be a drive but its apparently a larger location than their headquarters here in Austin. they are the 4th largest weapons/accessories retailer in the US. they were sold out of PMags, and got some in while we were up there yesterday. they have the power to call up Colt and say 'send me everything you can' if you call them and want them to get you something specific (that isn't backordered, or is for that matter), they will order it. you're gonna have a better chance finding Pmags there than most places in Atlanta. Though, i'd call them first being its a bit of a drive for most of you guys.

17. integroid

Gainesville. Want to go?

Oops, I meant Marietta today. Gainesville was last weekend.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  18. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

Crazy what stuff is going for. Stripped polymer lowers going for 3-400. I might need to put some pmags on gunbroker!

19. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

dangit

20. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Am I the first to notice that official is spelled ofiicial?

21. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

early on

22. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Ugh...

Couldnt pass up on aim's shipment of M44's

In route, M44 w/laminated stock. Why do i like these things so much.:unamused: Paid the extra $10 for a laminated stock.

Yeah i paid $200 for mosin, sue me.:diaf:

[​IMG]

23. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

here's is the current ban list proposal.

Rifles (or copies or duplicates):
    M1 Carbine,
    Sturm Ruger Mini-14,
    AR-15,
    Bushmaster XM15,
    Armalite M15,
    AR-10,
    Thompson 1927,
    Thompson M1;
    AK,
    AKM,
    AKS,
    AK-47,
    AK-74,
    ARM,
    MAK90,
    NHM 90,
    NHM 91,
    SA 85,
    SA 93,
    VEPR;
    Olympic Arms PCR;
    AR70,
    Calico Liberty ,
    Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle or Dragunov SVU, Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN/LAR, or FNC, Hi-Point20Carbine, HK-91, HK-93, HK-94, HK-PSG-1, Thompson 1927 Commando, Kel-Tec Sub Rifle; Saiga, SAR-8, SAR-4800, SKS with detachable magazine, SLG 95, SLR 95 or 96, Steyr AU, Tavor, Uzi, Galil and Uzi Sporter, Galil Sporter, or Galil Sniper Rifle ( Galatz ).
    Pistols (or copies or duplicates):
    Calico M-110,
    MAC-10,
    MAC-11, or MPA3,
    Olympic Arms OA,
    TEC-9,
    TEC-DC9,
    TEC-22 Scorpion, or AB-10,
    Uzi.
    Shotguns (or copies or duplicates):
    Armscor 30 BG,
    SPAS 12 or LAW 12,
    Striker 12,
    Streetsweeper. Catch-all category (for anything missed or new designs):
    A semiautomatic rifle that accepts a detachable magazine and has:
    (i) a folding or telescoping stock,
    (ii) a threaded barrel,
    (iii) a pistol grip (which includes ANYTHING that can serve as a grip, see below),
    (iv) a forward grip; or a barrel shroud.
    Any semiautomatic rifle with a fixed magazine that can accept more than
    10 rounds (except tubular magazine .22 rim fire rifles).
    A semiautomatic pistol that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine, and has:
    (i) a second pistol grip,
    (ii) a threaded barrel,
    (iii) a barrel shroud or
    (iv) can accept a detachable magazine outside of the pistol grip, and
    (v) a semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds.
    A semiautomatic shotgun with:
    (i) a folding or telescoping stock,
    (ii) a pistol grip (see definition below),
    (iii) the ability to accept a detachable magazine or a fixed magazine capacity of more than 5 rounds, and
    (iv) a shotgun with a revolving cylinder.
    Frames or receivers for the above are included, along with conversion kits.

24. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

I'll be getting a shotgun next. Maybe. After a Mosin.
    I'll also be picking up my XD9 sub-compact tomorrow from Dead Center in Buford.

25. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

i hated the grip on that XD9

26. superdoughboy4

My original intent was to try to make a bit of profit on it.
    The margin on profit is a lot higher now, but I'm thinking about just holding on to it. A just in case measure.

27. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

FNAR not specifically on that list! Neither are mosins. I'm all set.

28. b reel

b reel Active Member

founding fathers were outlaws, guess we'll follow in their footsteps?

29. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Why would you think that you could sell the gun for more than you paid for it?

30. superdoughboy4

Because I bought it at a sale price and there were already prices for the XD9 sub-compact higher than 400$.
    I decided to purchase it when Palmetto State Armory had their sale on the XD. It was too good to pass up.
    Well, granted, the prices of the XD were not tremendously higher. The margin was tiny. I didn't do my research as it was a really quick, 5:45AM before work purchase.
    They're even higher now I believe, but I feel like holding on to it, just in case anything happens.

31. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

In case what happens?

32. superdoughboy4

I don't know. Anything. A ridiculous break in. A ridiculous mugging. Any and all ridiculous bans on any and all guns (which will never happen, or so we hope).
    In case someone tries to steal my car in the parking lot of our neighborhood while I'm getting out of it (which has happened to a neighbor 2 doors down).
    There's a small chance of any of that happening, but it gives me some piece of mind.

33. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

I want a .22 pistol. Whatcha guys got?

34. b reel

b reel Active Member

find a Ruger single-six, nine, or ten in 17, 22, or 22winmag, it will teach patience that's for damn sure.

35. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Ruger mk3
    Gsg 1911
    M&p 22

Everything else kinda or mostly sucks and/or feels like a toy gun.

36. superdoughboy4

Ruger SR22 is a fun little gun.

37. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

I've been eyeing the GSG 1911 with threaded barrel. Still kind of leaning towards the classic mark II or III.

I have some pmag's and .223 ammo, if anyone has something interested to trade.

38. Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A551 Safari/8536.25)

I have a lot of friends who love the ruger mk3.

39. crazyazn

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-us; ThunderBolt Build/IML74K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

The ruger mk3 is tons of fun and super accurate. Its really nice at distance with a 3lb trigger too.

40. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

My gripe with the ruger is that it doesn't feel, resemble, of handle in anyway like a modern defensive firearm.

Great shooter and plinker, doesn't help with training for the real thing(if you care).

41. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

The ruger 22/45 fixed that issue

42. b reel

b reel Active Member

why? because it doesn't look like all the other plastic guns?

43. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

How did the 22/45 fix this?

Brian who are you talking to.

44. integroid

I have a Ruger 22/45 Lite MKIII and love it. It feels more like a 1911 to me. I tried a bunch of 22's before my purchase and loved the feel and accuracy of the 22/45 lite plus it had a threaded barrel. My only gripe with it is the tear down and put back together. It was kind of a PITA at first until I really learned how to do it correctly.

45. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Haha...you ;)

46. b reel

b reel Active Member

22/45 is based on the 1911 soo...

now if you get bored with 'modern' pistols and want something 'futuristic' may I suggest you find a Mauser C96. Put a scope on it and you will become the Hans Solo of the gun range.

47. superdoughboy4

Oh my god that is fucking gorgeous.

48. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Never shot a 22/45, all the mk 3's I've shot didn't closely resemble handling or controls of any modern firearm that I shoot atleast.

If its a plinker, ruger series is top notch and will last lifetimes. If you are like me, and you want same/similar feel of most modern firearms, something like the gsg and mp22 aren't terrible choices and run reliably.

No bad choice to make here really.

49. superdoughboy4

I'll be picking up an H&K USP Compact 9mm on Friday for really cheap. I can't WAIT.

50. Jake

Jake Active Member

picked this up today. XDM .45

[​IMG]