Ofiicial Gun/firearm thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by yerrow, Oct 25, 2012.

1. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

They can usually be had in the $500 range. Don't take what I said the wrong way....I think it is a great weapon for the money but it is just the typical Grock you see everyday at the range.

Suuperdoughboy - Nice HK....that is not something you see everyday at the range.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  2. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

I didn't take it the wrong way, it's my first glock. At range it was pretty much dead on with around 50 rounds shot. The grip on the 22 is perfect for my big hands. The trigger is something getting used to. Not to mention that you can shoot 9k rounds through a glock without having to worry about maintaince.

3. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Thanks. I got it for a steal. $475 from somebody who is ex-military and drives a white Miata. lol. Apparently it was a service pistol, but after it was "decommissioned" or whatnot, it sat in the shelf/closet for years. 15yo USP Compact. My unicorn.

4. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

The trigger is one of the main items you can drastically improve on Glock. Typically, they come from the factory with a 5.5lb trigger. A spring, depending on the size of the connector bar and a polish job, could bring that trigger down to 2.5lbs. If you breathe heavy with your finger on the trigger...it will go off. You can get a snap cap or dry fire a Glock pretty much all day to work on your finger memory. I own 3 Glocks...each one is set up for a different purpose.

5. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

I have/had a ghost recon super black ninja tier 3-sxr operator dive master edition trigger in my 19. 2.5lbs pretty good break, good reset of course....didnt like it because I didn't feel safe carrying it or using it in a tool function(camping, concealing, car gun, etc...). IMO best trigger jobs for glocks are a straight couple thousand rounds of dirty ammo and a good clean, or a simple polish and cleaning of the stock trigger group.

6. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

That 34 you rented that one time was abused to help and back, but also, it did have a 1lb lighter trigger. Doug swapped it out for a competition he entered. Never swapped it back. ;)

7. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

Anyone have 9mm shield they wanna trade for a shield in .40?

8. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

I have a 9MM shield but dont want to trade for anything in .40:)

9. FACE

FACE Active Member

I have a pt145 for sale/trade :D