Other than a Subaru............

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by WRXCoupe, Jul 1, 2009.

1. 4sevens

4sevens Member

haha thats true. if the atom maintains grip on a hot day at WOT the front wheels actually lift and float. All steering input does nothing. I have to let off the gas for it to listen to my "directions." The scary thing is when the rears break at WOT, the suspension (with the little travel that it has) lunges forward due to loss of traction in the rear, then suddenly whatever position you had the steering wheel at sudden gets lots of attention. It's really like a motorcycle with 4 wheels.

I've had the rear break in 4th on the highway down shifting from 5th. VERY scary. It was in the winter and the tires hadn't warmed up.

The miata is luxurious compared to the atom. I still have a chipped tooth to remind me of the atom.

2. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Nothing will ever compare to that short ride you took me on in the Atom. I thank you for distorting my perceptions for the rest of my life. Someday, I will own an Atom, if only for a short time. I just wish that someday would come sooner.

3. 4sevens

4sevens Member

Yeah, that atom messed me up for life. Look, I'm toying with v8 miatas haha. Serious if you ever look into getting one, don't shoot for the 300hp one. The lowest end 217hp one is just as fun on the track. the 300hp SC version tends to overheat when you push it - there just isn't enough cooling to make sustained runs.

4. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

I've been looking at them lately. an older model was sold for 45k and I was very tempted to sell the subaru and call the bank up

5. Jake

Jake Active Member

i know it probly falls in teh fantasy bracket. but once i have a steady career and a paid off house the first car i'll splurge on will probly be the F430 Scuderia.
    [​IMG]

other than that, id go with an Audi RS4 for the time being. and i like this conceptual art drawing of a track version yummy!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
  6. DaveH

DaveH Member

G8 with the 6-speed 'box.

Actually, I would probably swap my WRX for one right now. I wonder how much discount one could negotiate on a G8?

7. Smurfzilla

Smurfzilla Member

AP2 S2K..I may try to get one next year to use as a daily driver.

8. cleanmachine

cleanmachine Member

A T-rex, an S, E, CL, or CLS55 Amg. An Ls? swapped FD rx7 sounds cool as well.

9. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

I'm looking at trading up for a nice used S4 right now.

10. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

Bi-turbo or V8?

11. A weekend fun/project car? Realistically?

'85-'89 Porsche 911 coupe

Maybe an Elise...

12. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

hell yeah. been looking at exiges lately!

13. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

very early 911.

I'm on the hunt right now has to be pre 1973, I want to do a simple RS clone no stereo no ac etc

14. WRXbryanATL

WRXbryanATL Member

evo 9 MR, or a hardtop s2000

15. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

Bi-Turbo

16. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

LOL...This is true...I love my wagon. The only other car I think I would want (that I could actually afford) would be either a B5 S4 Avant or A6 Avant with a manual and the 2.7T motor. I fell in love with the S4 after having APR's StageIII S4 up in the Mountains back in the day.

17. I had thought about that too, but I don't think I have the money or the skill to do it and do it right... would be lots of fun to drive though!

18. drewmob

drewmob Member

glad to see how many ppl gave the s2k props!

19. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

e36/e46 m3 hell if i could find an e30 m3 at a good price i'd get that too

20. WRXbryanATL

WRXbryanATL Member

my friend has a really nice s2000 lowered ridiculously on Ferrari wheels.. made me fall in love

21. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

The newest Z06 I could afford... probably an 04 at this point.

22. Deke

Deke Active Member

A few things have to fall into place (having a garage at my next place, and the WRX holding up as my daily), but my next car will be a '68 Mustang fastback with an EFI 5.0 and T5 tranny swap. I'm planning on making that my daily and then turning the WRX into my weekend warrior.

I'm not a matching numbers kind of guy, so I'll probably do a slow process of adding interior creature comforts, but it's going to get the bullitt treatment on the outside. :naughty:

[​IMG]

I'm starting to like this whole having a salary thing...

Last edited: Aug 23, 2009
  23. If cost and importing were no prob.... maybe a Lancia Delta.... the black ones are pretty bad@ss looking. Twin turbo too.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 23, 2009
  24. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

^^^ I know the new one is way diff, but when I was overseas a co-worker got a Lancia Delta and it was sweet (prolly a 93 or 94 model). Super fast and cornered like nobodies business...

25. Yeah, I definitely wouldn't mind an older one either.

26. RSConvert

RSConvert ɹǝuɹnʇpɐǝɥ uʞnɟɐɥnɯ ɐ sʇı Supporting Member

A 90-91 CRX SI...that was my first brand new car coming out of high school.
    Had dreams of turning that car into a monster and keeping it forever had it for eight years...long story short:before my wife and I got married she told me to sell it....WHY DID I DO THAT? Anyways paid her back by buying her an Honda Odyssey