PCV Valve Clamps -what tool!?!

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by LoveMyNewSoob, Jan 19, 2016.

1. LoveMyNewSoob

LoveMyNewSoob Member

Hey everyone,
    I've been working on replacing the PCV valve and am having some issues with the ClikR type clamps that hold the bottom hose of the assembly on. I tried for about 4 hours yesterday trying to get the bottom one shut. I would get it right to the edge and the pliers would slip, or I just couldn't squeeze any further!
    Anyone have tool to make this easier? I tried side cutter too, but there wasn't enough space to get them wide enough. All of the options are very easy with the clamp off the car, but the other problem is, instead of trying to work the clamp from the side of it (very easy) you kind of have to attack it from above, because of where is sits.

Any help, tips, would be greatly appreciated.

2. I think you are supposed to remove the manifold to get to the clamp.On mine I was able to force the hose on with the clamp already installed after trying for what seemed an eternity to put the clamp on after installing the hose..

3. LoveMyNewSoob

LoveMyNewSoob Member

hmmm...really?
    I know for a fact there is no way to squeeze those hose back on with the clamp already engaged.

[​IMG]

It would be the clamp going on to the bottom of the big hose in this picture. Same as the clamp on the top of the same big hose...

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  4. LoveMyNewSoob

LoveMyNewSoob Member

no one has done this job before?!

5. b reel

b reel Active Member

No one bothers to use that style clamp. Best replacement clamp would be one just like the heater hose at the firewall.

6. Justin V

Justin V Member

its some german named clamp oeticher or something. Buck up and use your muscles. I know for a fact that those can come off and on with a little persuasion.

Most of them are oily due to location and slide on and off with a little force and twisting action. If they're hard and brittle the line may crack and in that case you'll have bigger problems.

7. LoveMyNewSoob

LoveMyNewSoob Member

Getting them off is easy...it's getting it back on! I don't have any tool that I can get in there to squeeze hard enough, so I was looking for suggestions. May just have to go with breel and use a different clamp.

8. b reel

b reel Active Member

I have the needed pliers to do the job but there is NO possible way to do it without removing everything off the top. Do not use the typical worm style

9. LoveMyNewSoob

LoveMyNewSoob Member

What do those pliers look like?
    Pic of recommended clamp?

10. b reel

b reel Active Member

11. LoveMyNewSoob

LoveMyNewSoob Member

Thanks for the pics!
    Does that tool work on the camp in a vertical position? There is not enough space to get to the clamp at the angle shown in the picture.