Pet Peeve's

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by wagunz_pwn, Nov 12, 2008.

1. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Pet Peeves

Cliff Notes (Pet Peeve): I hate people that leave shopping carts in the parking lot!

As I am walking out of Publix, I am watching this fat bitch, on her cell phone, put her shopping bags into her brand new BMW 1 something(which she barely fit into). There is an empty space between our cars...when she finishes, she gives the cart a little push into the empty space.

Guess what happens next...the damn cart starts to roll right at my car...which most of you know, just got repainted. :eek3: :eek3:
    I am a few steps away at this point, so I take 2 big steps and kick the cart...which falls over.

The lady looks over with that clueless look they all have and rolls down her window. She says, "is there a problem?" and I say, "yeah, your fat ass is too f*cking lazy to put the damn cart in the right place!" To which she rolls he eyes and drives off.

/RANT!

So, what's your biggest pet peeve?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
  2. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

misuse of apostrophes…
    sorry.

3. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

maybe a mod can take out that extra apostrophe in the title. :sx:

Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
  4. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

Or we could just leave it there as posterity;)

To edit the thread title, go to thread options IIRC

5. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

Nice! I have seen people do that before. Lazy people at their finest!

6. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

I tried...it just put the title on the fist post.

I guess I should proofread when I'm angry...lesson learned.

7. flat4ever666

flat4ever666 Member

My Biggest one is right now in buckhead, i dont know about surrounding areas but they have these big metal plates laying over i guess holes in the road and they have a huge square lip and like metal screw threads all over them so when i come up on one i hit the brakes and slow down to like 5 mph and roll over it gently. im not trying to bend a wheel or bubble a tire. So when i slow down the rich bitch in her fuckin G wagon, Cayane, X5, you name the luxury SUV, lays the horn on like im some kinda fuckin idiot. Im not an idiot. she is. Anyone else?

8. ohmypearls

ohmypearls Banned

My pet peeve is by far most drivers in Georgia. The one's that like to hang out in the left lane and go 40 with the slow ass in the right lane traveling along next to them so you cant pass. That shit will drive a girl crazy.

9. seanwrxwagon

seanwrxwagon Member

Drivers pacing next to each other is my biggest driving pet peeve as well. I am a laid back guy but I don't like being "trapped" by slow drivers. I want to nudge one of them off the road but as of yet I have not given in to my urges.

10. Deke

Deke Active Member

I do hate those metal plates.

Somewhat related but the opposite view point:

I get peeved when people take speed bumps, speed humps, or railroad tracks like pussies. This peeve is ten fold if the person is in a truck or SUV. If you can't muster up the courage to take your Tahoe over a speed bump faster than 5 mph, you shouldn't be driving that wrecking ball.

Which brings me to my next pet peeve. I hate big SUVs. IMO SUVs larger than an Explorer/4 Runner/Xterra should not be allowed on the road. The one exception that comes to mind are the older Toyota Land Cruisers, because they are in fact just badass (and still aren't as big as Expeditions/Hummers/Suburbans).

And my last for now. I absolutely loath people that lack common courtesy. For example, two weekends ago I was coming up I75 to Atlanta and apparently came up to a wreck spanning 3 lanes about 30 seconds after it happened. Well I needed to be over one lane in order to get by and literally no one would let me over. It would have extended their drive by 10 seconds max to let me in front of them, but no. I finally ended up just wedging the nose of my car in the lane and forced myself in. And of course this was greeted by having my ass ridden until traffic cleared up.

In conclusion, fuck people who forget that there are other people in the world aside from themselves.

11. Jake

Jake Active Member

my biggest one is just sheer stupidity of customers in retail period, asking the same stupid questions over and over, pretty much everyday.

12. techlord

techlord Active Member

union workers at lockheed that drive 5mph in the measly 20mph zone.

Quit wasting the fucking day away you worthless piece of fuck! Government waste at its finest, what a waste of flesh.
    /rant

13. FACE

FACE Active Member

I f@cking hate people that dont use blinkers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. AXLEJOHNSON

AXLEJOHNSON Member

Well what about the people who get in the left turning lane on off ramps when the right turn is backed up on to the interstate, the one I have in mind is the Roswell Rd, I-285W exit, these people pull all the way to the front and turn on their blinkers to get in the front of the line, I never let them in, but some idiot is always like come on in, everyone who waited is a sucker, here is some Vaseline let me bend over now. One of my pet peeves, that and chin hair on women.

15. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

Driving in daylight.

16. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Good ones so far.. ones I would have listed:
    1) slow in the fast lane
    2) shopping cart lazyness (another reason I park out in bumblefuck everywhere I go)
    3) not really a pet peeve, but what annoys me the most are hard headed people.. I work with tons of them. People who love to argue/debate for no reason.. and no matter how many facts, documentation etc. you present, you can't change your mind and they continue to look at you like YOUR retarded.... grrr....

17. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

The legal inability to lift the shopping cart heave it on to her hood roll eyes sigh and drive away.

18. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

Folks coming into my place of business who "Trying to get their record off the ground" and have absolutely no people skills, the sound quality is complete ass, shitty beat and sounds the exact same as everyone else's "record trying to get off the ground"..ill have to think of more and report back later.

19. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

People who agree to do things with absolutely no intention of following through

20. awdlaunch132

awdlaunch132 Member

i am a bartender mine is people whistling to get a drink or snapping their fingers. also when driving everyone trying to race you when you are stop at a light, when the only thing you want to do is merge into their lane...

Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  21. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

most bartenders nowadays are gay and making eye contact simply isn't enough. I also blame this on dickheads lounging at the bar like it's something to lean on and not somewhere to conduct serious business.

also, this reminds me of this poster I have hanging in my office:
    http://www.moderndrunkardmagazine.com/issues/01-02/01_02_booze_rules.htm

rule 74. If you hesitate more than three seconds after the bartender looks at you, you do not deserve a drink.

22. awdlaunch132

awdlaunch132 Member

lol that rule is totally true...if you hesitate i don't feel like waiting around and i am on to the next costumer.

23. N2BNLOW

N2BNLOW Member

I hate when it's raining really hard outside and ppl drive with their flashers on. We all know it's raining, we're all goin to slow down.

24. Deke

Deke Active Member

25. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

My gf is a server and she bitches about this all the time.... One time I shook my empty glass at her to get me another drink and she about killed me :)

26. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Next time, grab the cart before they pull out of the spot, and put it directly behind their car. This only works if they can only back out of the spot. Force the fat bitch to get out and move the cart out of the way.

27. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

This is mine as well. People that use Turn Lanes, shoulders, etc... to skip a couple of cars ahead when traffic is backed up. The access road north of the toll on 400 and where it starts to split off to 285. I come down this everyday leaving work. Traffic usually backs up before I get onto 400. People always act like they are going to 285 E (I think), then use the shoulder to skip traffic and merge onto 400.

I also hate the people that don't merge when there is an opening, and instead wait till the last minute, then disrupt the flow of traffic to get into the lane they could have easily gotten into 2 minutes back.

28. AXLEJOHNSON

AXLEJOHNSON Member

Oh I forgot one, people who refer to something as "ironic" when there is absolutely no irony involved.

29. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

I always wished I had the gift of telepathy so I could make these people slap themselves in the face. If you're too damn nervous to drive in the rain, get the hell off the road.

30. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

People who drive, while on their cell phone, looking for their destination/next turn!!!!! Driving 10 miles per hour on busy road is NOT SMART! Worse thing is, they do it as if NO ONE ELSE is on the road!!!!

31. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

pet peeve: EVERYONE in Friday afternoon rush-hour.

32. cleanmachine

cleanmachine Member

Thats da reason that I have the powder coated factories on instead of the track lite 19s. Damn roads; I'd rather ride da 19s.

33. cleanmachine

cleanmachine Member

Thats when I like to drop it in 3rd and pass em both in the next left or right side turn lane. Yeah its illegal as hell but come the fuck on. Move your slow ass.

34. cleanmachine

cleanmachine Member

+1. If your gonna cut me off I am usually not upset if you give me fair warning. To add to da courtesy comment. Drivers that are not aware of closing speed. If I'm in traffic and thinking of making a move I try to obvoid moving in front of a fast moving car if i'm in like 5th gear at low rpms.

35. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

I hate people who slow down for those big metal plates...for the love of all that is holy...you aren't going to bend a rim its a one inch tall plate max...stop being such a girl.

I also hate people that do this....all the time.....

That is all

36. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

I do it so my Coffee wont go flying.

37. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

38. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

People who use "da" instead of "the"... Its only one more letter to type...;)

39. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

I was dealing with this about a year ago, when this guy in a Ram 2500 had enough. He pulled his truck into the emergency lane at an angle so that cars would have to go into the grass if they wanted try to get by him.

The driver he cut off, gets pissed and lays on his horn. When that didn't work, he threw his "big gulp" into the back of the Ram.

Well, that got his attention. A HUGE redneck gets out, walks to the car behind him and punches the shit out of the guy. Gets back in his truck and drives off...

All I could do was :eek3: then :rofl:

40. 07Ltd#767

On the opposite end of that, I really hate people that speed up when you put your blinker on to get over. I was all to happy to cut people off in my old POS car, especially when it was a beamer or merc...stupid stuck-up snobs, go ahead and hit me

41. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

Definitely! When I had my old lifted truck, I didn't care if someone hit me for being an ass. It has solid steel bumpers so i doubt a fiberglass bimmer would do much to me. :rofl:

42. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

When someone says "I could care less" when clearly, its "I couldn't care less"

Man this thread was an awesome idea! LOL

oh and "Swagga Like Us" by TI is not a "Paper Planes" remix

Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  43. shaolin

shaolin Member

44. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

Ugh, people who don't say "THANK YOU" when you open a door/hold the elevator for them.

I am really close to pushing the door closed when I enter/leave a building, lol. Ungrateful fucks!

45. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

People who don't turn off their turn signals after switching lanes. Turning the steering wheel 1/1000th is not enough to hit the switch that automatically turns the turn signal off. I hate driving down the road and there is an idiot that has his turn signal on, so I slow down to allow him room to merge, but he doesn't, just keeps driving along. I was in a pack of cars driving from here to PA a couple years ago, and there was a car that had his turn signal on for about 45 minutes.

I wish they would add a distance trigger like they have on motorcycles. My dads old bike has a sensor thing that after about 100 feet, the turn signal would automatically turn off. His bike didn't turn the signal off depending on how sharp, it was all based on distance, so if you forgot to turn it off yourself, it would turn off after going the set distance. Add that to all cars for the future please.

46. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

so, it appears that about 80% of you have some serious road rage issues. :rofl:

47. awdlaunch132

awdlaunch132 Member

^^^at least 80%

48. 07Ltd#767

^^^

at least 80% of us 80% of the time...

49. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

50. flat4ever666

flat4ever666 Member

okay im sure some people say or type this but i cant fuck STAND when people say Owned, pwned, pwnage, ownage, etc. i seriously get red in the faced when i hear that shit. oh and Guidos and people who hate the south piss me the hell off too.