[Please Read] How would you like to improve your WRXAtlanta.com Experience?

Discussion in 'Meta' started by Alex, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

We're interested in hearing from you all once again about how we can improve your daily experience with us. This includes everything from small improvements to new skins, etc.

We're all ears and eager to see what you all will suggest!

Cheers,
    alex

2. Dr.Chris

Dr.Chris Member

I would like the new posts tab to also show posts not read. I've been on some other forums that have this feature, and it is kind of nice. Today for instance I logged in as I do daily (even at work) and somebody closed IE behind me. I log in again, and the new posts tab is blank. Just my $.02

3. Alex

Reviving this for new suggestions!

4. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

improved DIY section. Like a section only for good DIY write-ups.

5. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

a working "Quote Post" in .mobil :sx:

6. Alex

7. Alex

Works for me on the new mobile theme.

8. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

I want WRXAtlanta to wake me up in the morning with a nice cup of 0 calorie caramel machiatto, bring me the newspaper and prop my feet up on the couch. Then, it should get to work manufacturing a 5 speed short shift kit for my Miata and finally, install a free Cosworth Supercharger on said Miata. As for the website, its the bees knees! Keep up the good work.

9. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

The mini stats box on member profiles is kinda messed up...

10. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

Bump.

Place/Vacation Spot Review Section would be off-topically helpful.

11. ianb52

ianb52 New Member

mybe imma dumbass

I dont ever see anything on the calander and i am always looking for weekly get to gethers. i cant find a better way to see events and meets other then digging through the forums

12. Alex

This is certainly something I want to start improving over the summer! Thanks for your input.

13. ianb52

ianb52 New Member

Got one more chief, looking through i see alot of old useless posts from 06 and 07 that probly should be trashed, examples would be meets ect thats have come and gone. Clearing some of this out would make it easier to navigate more up to date topics and events. :drama:

14. Alex

Wirelessly posted

I do need to perfom an archiving for those years. Not a bad idea.

15. ChrisW

ChrisW Member

think we could add a Craigslist Finds sticky thread or subforum in The Garage Sale? I find good stuff on there all the time but dont want to junk up the chat box with it.

16. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Nudes.

17. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

we have a forum for that. not our fault no one uses it. :p

18. orndog

orndog Member

Actually... it kinda is... the forum defaults hide it when nobody posts recently :rofl:

19. For the new posts, there could be options in your preferences for all new posts for the last 24 hours, 48 hours, or since the last visit.
    Games for vbucks. vbucks could be spent on silly forum stuff like the ability to have a larger avatar, signature, or your username in different colored font. Maybe even add a subtitle to your username like "guru of all that is bicycles".
    Members could wager vbucks on sporting events or whatever wagers the moderators setup.

20. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

^^^^^this, well at least the first part^^^^^^^

21. b reel

b reel Active Member

change your newb settings

22. orndog

orndog Member

I have changed them, just pointing out why some people might not be posting/ seeing certain topics.

23. The "new posts" suggestion was for the users. (I fight for the users ;) )

The second was for generating traffic so Alex can get more coffee money.

24. b reel

b reel Active Member

Got to love default settings, seems our Haas tech forgot to set ours (autolube for the spindle) when doing the install/setup. Burned the spindle up last night. Note to Haas, 0 is not a good default setting.

25. sphinxn1

sphinxn1 New Member

you should make a WRXAtlanta Facebook group

26. b reel

b reel Active Member

they have myspace, not good enough?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  27. Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B143 Safari/8536.25)

I think there is a group using the WRXatlanta name,but I don't know if it is in collaboration with the forum.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  28. The links in some of the messages link to here, so I'm going to assume it is this forum unless someone says otherwise.

"liked"

29. Matt

It's us. Alex and I manage it. It's a community page, I think he's looking for more of a fan page. I have to look into seeing if we can migrate it over, and then talk with Alex about it.

30. KDean

KDean Member

I'm new here so I know I'm ignorant to anything that has happened in the past, but I think the site may want to think about changing the 25 post minimum to post in the classifieds section.

My thought is you're really only hurting the members. The classifieds section is "slim pickin's" for sure. Someone with good items to sell that would be nice for the "community" to have first dibs on may just end up putting them on CL, Ebay, or NASIOC, etc., because of the hassle.

Can someone explain some of the reasons behind the rule?

31. Holc13WRX

Holc13WRX Supporting Member

http://wrxatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10960

32. Matt

Members have been "scammed" in the past by new people who's sole purpose for being here was to unload their unwanted items.

Our community is small and tight knit and many strangers have become good friends because of this community. 25 posts is nothing compared to some other fourms. s2katlanta requires you spend money to fund their site just to sell items. It's almost like a vendorship. We've contemplated that, but realized it wasn't conveying what we are about. On the other hand, you can donate to the community by becoming a supporting member and we will waive that post count requirement to sell items. But that's an option, not a requirement.

Also, we are quick to get on people who simply "bump" threads and add meaningless posts to get to that 25. You should see how fast people get on someone who bumps old threads just to get their post count up.

33. KDean

KDean Member

Also, we are quick to get on people who simply "bump" threads and add meaningless posts to get to that 25. You should see how fast people get on someone who bumps old threads just to get their post count up.[/QUOTE]

I've already seen it since I've been here actually. One guy actually put something like:

Almost...

At...

25 posts...

I have to admit I have a couple of things to sell, but I'm a WRX owner and I live in the Atlanta area, and I play by the rules. I actually WANT to sell to a real enthusiast here rather than someone on CL, so I've held out. And this is not a dig (just a reality), but it can be hard to find a lot to talk about on this forum! It's not big enough and/or doesn't have a lot of traffic to keep conversations going., and the instant message thingy on the front page seems to keep a lot of general chatter out of the forums. As a matter of fact, I've purposely NOT posted on some older threads because I was afraid people would think I was just trying to get my post count up - even though I had a real question or had a real comment.

On another note, would a "General Subaru discussion thread" be a good idea? Who knows, maybe it's not needed because people wouldn't post in it - I don't know. (Or maybe it's right in from of my face and I haven't seen it. That's definitely a possibility! :)

I know some people would just come on here to sell stuff and go away, but is that really all bad? I'd rather someone local do that in order for us to have first dibs on something before it goes on Ebay for the world to bid on. I personally would take full responsibility for my own actions if someone were to somehow rip me off (buyer beware). It wouldn't be this forum's fault!

Of course I realize I'm not in your shoes, so I know you've seen a lot of crap over the years that I'm not even thinking of. I mean no disrespect - I just wanted to give my 2 cents. Keep up the good work and thanks for the forum/community in the first place!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  34. KDean

KDean Member

35. ChrisW

ChrisW Member

KDean,

Start a member journal already! We want pics

36. Holc13WRX

Holc13WRX Supporting Member

:rofl: +1

37. Matt

No disrespect taken. We value (most) of our members concerns and strive to improve the site based off requests. We can't think of everything on our own, so we like feedback like this!

Please don't feel that you need to hold back. I think that's what a lot of others are doing as well. :( The more conversation the better! "reviving" old threads with valuable information or questions or is not only good, but recommended. 100% of the questions not asked will never be answered. ;)

We've seen people sell things locally that were not what they advertised, and/or they never even provided the product. It's amazing what some people will do just for some money. Usually it's out of disparity, but often it's for lack of care of a fellow human (first) and enthusiast (second).

For General Subaru Chat, we can create a thread in the Latest Spin section.

I really wish people would use the forums themselves more so than the chatbox, but the only real way to get that to happen is to disable the chatbox...something we are looking into.

38. KDean

KDean Member

Ha! I know, I know.. I've thought about it but it's just a bone stock car. Aren't there enough pics of them on the internets??

Seriously though, the next time I get a chance to clean it up I'll take a few pics and post them up!

39. Matt

It's just a bone stock car...that no one else has! And it's a way to start your potential progression throughout your term with the car. It's always fun to see how things progress from bone stock to "final" form.

40. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

I took the same approach and I've really struggled to get my journal going now. Trying to remember what all has been changed and when and organizing all of the pictures :| . Do yourself a favor and do it sooner rather than later. I wish I had.

41. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Where did you get it? Saw a guy leaving SOK in one the other day

42. Matt

He got it from SoK, but it was a couple weeks ago already.

43. KDean

KDean Member

Matt is correct, I bought it at SOK but it was a few weeks ago now. They said mine was the first one they sold. I told them I should get a plaque on the wall or an extra discount or something... Didn't get either. haha

44. Matt

Was John your sales rep?

45. KDean

KDean Member

Yes for the 2013, not the '15.