Problems with 04 WRX Wagons?

Discussion in 'General Community' started by superdoughboy4, Apr 27, 2014.

1. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Seriously considering buying an 04-05 WRX wagon in JBP. It does have some fender damage to the front passenger side. But I was wondering, are there any serious drawbacks/concerns I should be aware of when buying the WRX? It has ~130k miles on it so it's not that high.

2. JWX

JWX Member

Like any used car it depends upon how well it was cared for by the PO. At that mileage, I'd make sure the timing belt was done, and plan on replacing all of the hoses and rubber bits under the hood. Also, fuel lines under the manifold will leak, just a matter of when. I'd recommend going ahead and replacing all the hoses at once, I tried to just do the one that was leaking, 3 times later I just pulled the manifold and did them all.

3. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

Not really. The EJ205 is a strong stout platform and as long as you don't pass the 350 hp range they last if maintained. I'd say the EJ205 mated with a VF34 (or the STi) turbo is a dang near perfect platform. Responsive and fun and most of all RELIABLE if maintained.

Just keep in mind that 5 speed isn't all that strong but drive with sense and you will be fine.

4. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

The only problem will be you will never want a sedan again

5. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

JBP was exclusive to the 2004. No, I won't sell you my wagon.

6. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Lol actually, it was specifically an '04 WRX Wagon in JBP that I'd found. Unfortunately, things didn't work out. I'll be searching high and low for another one though. Maybe even scrap up enough money to buy a '01 2.5RS. MAYBE. Seeing as how they're rare as shit around here.

7. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member