Vendor Review Pullz-On Tuning

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by EJ1210, Jun 2, 2013.

1. EJ1210

EJ1210 Member

I recently purchased a TurboXS TBE for my 05 STi at a steal of a price on wrxatl and was thinking about trying a road tune. I considered several different options and eventually decided to go with Steve at Pullz-On Tuning. He catered to my tuning needs perfectly and needless to say, my car feels great! My car put down roughly 300whp and 320wtq at 18.5psi in 90* weather.:coolugh: I would absolutely recommend Pullz-On to any others considering an affordable road tune.

2. Nice numbers. Glad you like the exhaust.

3. EJ1210

EJ1210 Member

Yeah, thanks again man!

4. techlord

techlord Active Member

Pullz-on? Never heard of them. Dyno tune or did you do road tuning?

5. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Let me help you so you don't have to go grab your readers...old man.

;)

6. techlord

techlord Active Member

my eye sight is just fine L J! My comprehension could be a bit off, though. I guess the #'s came from the cobb applet

7. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

There are a couple of road dyno software programs out there that are pretty good. The one I've got was basically dead on with a dynojet.

8. techlord

techlord Active Member

That's that I figured but didn't know they were accurate

9. EJ1210

EJ1210 Member

I believe he used opensource tuning. romraider and ecuflash

10. h23bb2

h23bb2 Member

Car came out nice considering the high ambient temps. Chris was doing a few pull through 5th repeatedly (his choice not my request) and the car had no problem delivering knock free performance.

Those numbers were via airboy. I'd expect a bit more on a dynojet. Chris, your gonna love it so much more when the cool weather comes back around!!!

Steve @ Pullz-On Tuning

11. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

At 18.5lbs if it made more than that on a dynojet I would be 100% shocked.

12. Drowland87

Drowland87 Staff Member Supporting Member

^ Doug has me at 20lbs, 297/254 on stock vf39 (I assume you are still stock too?.) My tune was a couple months ago in cooler weather. Nice numbers! I'd like to see what it does when it cools down.

13. h23bb2

h23bb2 Member

Yea, IAT comps were kicking in for both boost and timing (IAT timing comps were pulling 1-1.5 degrees). So in normal conditions it should definately make more torque. By the time peak power rolls around, boost is already on a steady decline anyway so peak power shouldn't be too much different.

Chris asked me to be conservative with the car so its missing a degree of timing over some of my other 04-07 stg2 STI's. All in all its a fun car and tremendous improvement over stock or an OTS cobb map.

Steve @ Pullz-On Tuning

14. 02ts-t

02ts-t Member

I also would recommend Pullz-On Tuning to anyone else that needs a good tune for a great price. He did a great job with my car and am very happy with the way it runs now.

15. techlord

techlord Active Member

what does he tune OS only or cobb too?

16. 02ts-t

02ts-t Member

From what I know, he only like to do os. He might deal with Cobb.

17. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

He would have to of purchased Cobb Pro Tuner to deal with Cobb.....probably why he liked to do OS since it is free. Not knocking him as I know it is a pretty big investment for pro tuner.

18. digitizedsoul

digitizedsoul Moderation is a vice Supporting Member

I plan on reaching out to Steve for my rotated build coming up.
    He has done a great job on Al Lopez's LegacyGT.

I don't see why he couldn't tune with cobb, if you show up with your ATR install file (and/or laptop with it installed already) for him to use? Now obviously he can't pre-make / send you a base map or E-tune without ATR pro, but that's a specific scenario.

19. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

I think the ATR still leaves some tables locked down that really are desired.....I could and probably am wrong.

20. digitizedsoul

nah, they are the same I asked a cobb engineer a while back when researching the locked map thread.

21. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

Really....so the ProTuner and the ATR are the same thing with the exception that ATR is locked to one AP?

Man what's the point in getting a Protuner then....shops could just require the owner come in with ATR and profit.

22. digitizedsoul

I was referring to the difference in exposed tables, which is none.
    There are obviously "other" differences in the software, but not many.

23. h23bb2

h23bb2 Member

Alot of tuners just request the ATR for the vehicle. Once its installed, you can use the same ATR for the same type of vehicle. For example, if I request ATR for 2002 WRX with one particular AP serial number and tune as many 2002 WRX's with that ATR as I wish.

I do this on ocassion but not that often. I intend to buy the Pro version in the next 3 months. I get a substatial amount of requests for E-tunes with AP's and its either a hassle to get started, or I just turn them away.

Steve @ Pullz-On Tuning

24. Beardog420

Beardog420 Member

How much does this tune cost?

25. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Since Steve isn't technically a vendor on the site, please PM him and he can get you that information.