R.i.p wjm ;(

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Doug@DBW Motorsports, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

one of my last messages from him was of course him helping me...

2. SANDERS

SANDERS Member

I just spoke to the guy a few weeks ago, I had a normal 20 minute conversation about hows FL, How's the family working out... I will have a hard time with this, being he wasn't just a guy you meet while working on cars, or helping with those pain in the ass problems that only "Mad type JDM Skills" Will can handle....This was the guy who would give you the shirt off his back to help you out, no matter what.

All he seemed to ever want was for his family to grow together, and just make it... He was a true friend and I will miss him deeply... RIP WILL...

3. AutoxSTi

AutoxSTi Member

Praying for his family and friends that loved him and for the ones that didn't as well. May Will rest in peace. Amen!

4. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

I can only imagine he's somewhere destroying kids in ogame. :(

:rofl:

5. lsnaple

lsnaple Member

RIP. I met him once and remember all the help and info he always had to offer. Good guy, sad to hear this.

6. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Lol is that game still around?

7. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

I know for a fact Will did plenty of work on my subaru. Had lunch plenty of times. Swapped parts with him. Considered him a good friend. There won't won't be another like him. He will be missed. Prayers go out to his family..... Rest in peace buddy.....

8. KeyzOwnage

KeyzOwnage New Member

I dont know him never did and never will now :(. But this man was someone special young people and good people are always the ones ti go first and its sad that we all loose our friends and the people we love.God bless his little 5 year old Just her makes me want to cry ....fuck

9. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Yeah. Man it was awesome time playing with him.

10. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

Will was an awesome stand up guy! Bought my first mod (bov lol) from him and kept going from there. He always answered all my questions to perfection. RIP WJM

11. Matt

I, along with a few others, are working on setting up a savings bond or some other account for Charlotte. When I get more details, I'll get it posted up in here.

12. KeyzOwnage

KeyzOwnage New Member

:wtc: :clap:

Uncle Matt

13. Matt

[​IMG]

since the beginning!

14. I was one person that knew Will this way, as he went of of his way to assist me at SoG back in the day. I was deeply saddened when left Georgia, and now knowing he is gone from the world forever truly breaks my heart. Truly one of the few people that stood out to me. You will be missed, sir. RIP

15. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

Well I haven't posted in over a year probably but this news just left me speechless. I remember OGame with WJM and Matt and he has helped me on my car. Matt, let me know when you have info on the savings and I'll chip in.

This news is still sinking in and it's hard to put into words what a big loss this is to us, specially the Subaru community.

16. Completely agree with this. With all our differences, and diversity, you never know who may have been in your shoes before. Don't keep stress inside, it's one son of a bit*h for sure.

Thoughts go out to his family. It's horrible to loose a loved one. As a community we should band together and do something nice for the family.

*Edit* just saw that it is in the works.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  17. Megadeth2118

Megadeth2118 Member

I never got to meet the guy but he sounded like a great person. So sad that his little girl won't have a daddy growing up. :(

Best wishes to his family. RIP

18. rsutton1223

rsutton1223 Obsessed Supporting Member

I never got to meet him either but people I respect have great things to say. Sad to see one go. RIP

19. Jake

Jake Active Member

the turbo i bought from him and transmission he installed are still on the car @ ~200k miles now!!

20. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Now, the STi TMIC that I got from Will...has just been rendered priceless.

21. Matt

22. penelope

penelope Member

You guys keep mentioning Will as a Subaru guy. I know him as a car guy. Will helped me out with my Camaro long before I ever owned a Subaru.

The world is a little darker without WJM. I need an alignment on my black Camaro, so maybe I should dial in a little more camber in memory....

:(

23. Dstan

Dstan New Member

Karen, I bet he helped in your decision on buying a Subaru.

24. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

This SUCKS... Only met him once, he did an alignment for me at SOG... Exchanged friendly banter with him several times about his favorite jet on the forum (F-14 Tomcat)... Good guy...RIP...

25. Jake

Jake Active Member

was thinking about this earlier. with the circumstances surrounding his death, his insurance will be voided. this MUST get done! i will scrounge up what i can for sure.

i'm sure you've already tried/posted this suggestion on NASIOC, but you may be able to get a lot more support for it from there as well.

make it happen good sir

26. Matt

The family has been very receptive and quite shocked at the outpouring for their son/brother. They wish to express severe gratitude to everyone for the kind words and thoughts and prayers. This is a tumultuous time for them as they've got so many things to prepare for.

We're talking about a potential memorial service for him, and will most likely be up in North Carolina. When I get more information regarding that, I'll post up in the original post. Donations addresses will be there as well.

27. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Why would his insurance be voided?

28. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

Most likely it wouldn't unless he purchased it within the time frame stipulated in the suicide clause when this event occurred.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  29. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

We should put together a memorial service here in Atlanta as well. Maybe at SOG or Top Speed?

30. Matt

Definitely something to consider.

We're working on putting together a memorial at Fontana Village for him and his legacy. It will definitely be a few months out, but I'll post up when we get more details.

31. Jake

Jake Active Member

hmm, Annual Memorial Dragon Run....

32. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

That would be awesome

33. Biggis

Biggis Member

I talked to him on a few occasions and he was more than free with information and I enjoyed talking to him.

I'm sorry he was going through such hard times...I certainly will miss him.

I know someone else said it already here.....but please talk to someone if you're feeling this way.

34. mokinbird87

mokinbird87 Active Member

I dont know why good people around me leave me early and the assholes stay forever... He was a great help every time I walked into SOG and answered every single one of my tedious questions with a smile... RIP Will.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  35. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

very sad...i really am speechless...:wtc:

36. Dr.Chris

Dr.Chris Member

I am also saddened by this news. Will helped me a few times on PM, and sent me to my current mechanic in Asheville as he lived here a short while. Tragic news, I'd like to help any way that I can. We'll miss you buddy!

37. Very sad news indeed. Having recently become parents ourselves, my heart breaks for his little girl. RIP Will.

38. Ashley25

Ashley25 Member

For those of you who don't know me I was Will's wife. We were together for 5 years and though we divorced last summer we never stopped loving each other and remained very much a part of each others' lives. We were each other's best friend. I still feel as though I have lost my husband. We have a 4 year old daughter together, Charlotte Anne Maham (CAM, CAMshaft) who is coping well but misses her daddy very much.

Will was 27 when he took his own life but loved us VERY much, as we still love him. I will respect his friends' wishes in answering what ever questions I can but I would like to request that the nature of his passing no longer be discussed in open forums.

RIP Will....I love you

~Ash25

39. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

To Ash, Charlotte and Will's family, my condolences. I just was at the shop today and it came up. I am sorry to hear about your loss and I wish you all my prayers.

40. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

Im so sorry to hear this. My condolences to his family. He will be missed.

41. Never met Will but was well aware of his vast knowledge of Subarus. Spent many days watching his threads with king at SOK. My condolences go out to his family, you all are in my prayers.

42. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

Will was such a smartass at SOG...miss that

43. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Condolences to all his friends and family. He was a big part of this community, and his absence will be felt...

44. Matt

A celebration of life for our son, brother and friend Will Maham will be held Saturday March 10 between 2-4pm
    http://www.forbisanddick.com/obituary-details.php?id=2416

It's a "gathering" to remember the life of our Son and your Friend, not a formal service.

They've also stated there's plenty of hotels and motels in the area, and that they definitely recommend getting one if you're coming from far away. They'd love to get as many people there as possible, so please, don't feel like you're not welcome!

Also, if you have anything of Will that you'd like to bring to the service, they'd love to have that. As of now, they're far too distraught to open any of the boxes he's given them in the past couple years. :(

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  45. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

What day?

46. Matt

whoops! sorry about that

47. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Thanks for sharing Matt....that's only 3 hrs for me. I'm gonna try my best to be there.

edit....crap it's both my grandmom's and my brother's birthday weekend. Can't make it :(

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  48. Matt

Is there anyone else from Atlanta planning on attending this?

49. FACE

FACE Active Member

It's a sad day to see this posted. Not only was he a tremendous wealth of knowledge he was a great guy. He was a great help with some autocross advice, ogame advice, as well as suby advice. We have lost one of our greatest members. My prayers are with his family throught their darkest times.

Will, thank you for all you have left with us...

RIP WJM

50. Scotty B

Scotty B Member

i'm a bit speechless. i haven't been on this forum in years due to relocating and just sort of stumbled on this thread and still can't believe it.

i'll never forget meeting him at one of the Tuesday meets at a Fellini's Pizza. i was new to Atlanta and Subarus, and didn't know anyone. he went out of his way to talk to me and was just a really cool, funny guy. apparently he had an '05 RS exactly like mine so he immediately made my head spin with a bunch of interesting facts about it which was great. of all the people i met while in GA, Will was the one i remember most.

my sincere condolences to his family. he'll be missed for sure.

i'll be watching for this since its in my neck of the woods.