Review of All Pro Subaru The good and the BAD!

Discussion in 'Allpro Subie Service & Performance' started by 2010subiefoz, Mar 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2010subiefoz

2010subiefoz Banned

This is going to be my review on Brandon, Wes, and All Pro Subaru in Alpharetta GA. I have a 2010 Subaru Forester non turbo which I had put a 2011 WRX suspension on. The rear was fine but the front was off and the steering was way off. I arrived there at All Pro at 8:00AM sharp after having driven 2.5 hours from home. Wes and I went for a quick ride down to the end of the dead end and he seemed to immediately know what the issue was. That my suspicions were correct it was in fact the front suspension. I brought a whiteline roll center adjustment kit along with me for them to install as well. 1.5 hours into it Brandon and Wes came to me and advised me a spacer between the top hat and spring seat were missing but that everything appear to have been done correctly other than that (apparently dude I bought it from didn't send me a complete suspension). They said they had a wrecked suspension and would cannibalize the spacer off the wrecked suspension and put it on mine. Thirty minutes later they came back and said that they were concerned that since the spacer wasn't there that the top hats on it may be damaged and asked if they could cannibalize the top hats and spacers off my forester front suspension I brought with me. About 1 hour later they came back and advised me that the roll center adjustment was installed and Wes said Brandon had it on the rack about to align it. Brandon then came to me and asked what alignment numbers I wanted. I showed him a sheet of what it was aligned at before. I advised Brandon I wanted those camber numbers or better and 0 toe all around. Brandon said he would take care of it. All in all I was fairly happy with the work. 3 hours of labor and an alignment for 307.92 was not bad in my book. I had had the car to five or six shops previously and none of them could figure out the issue.

Here is kind of where things went bad. I asked Brandon what the alignment numbers were as he didn't give me the alignment sheet. He didn't really give me the specifics but said he could go look it up for me. He said he was going to print it out but that their printer is broken. I took it with a grain of salt and left it at that.

Here is where I got really pissed. After the install Wes and I went for a test drive. The car drove beautifully. I have no complaints with that. I did notice that the big tupper ware container I brought my forester front suspension is was sitting on it's side as we pulled out. I thought nothing of it as I figured surely they fixed it to where nothing was banging in the back. I left it that way all the way back home because I didn't really hear anything sliding around in the back. I get home and just then notice there is an indentation in the rear trim from one of the struts hitting the back lift gate and digging in. Then there are scratches all over the hatch trim where apparently they had rolled around in there. I called Brandon about that when I got home and let him know I was upset. He claims he saw Wes put it in there right side up. If that is the case why was it on it's side during the test drive and all the way home? Secondly, he blamed it on the way I was driving that it "must have fallen over when I was driving". I said well I am not happy. His only response was if I buy one of those cars I will send you that hatch piece. I said okay you have my name and address send it my way when you get it. (I don't hold out hope I will get it anytime soon). Needless to say the front suspension is fixed and the car rides great. Secondly, someone there at his shop slung white polish all over the side of my car. How they managed that I don't know but they did. I assume it's polish as it looks like it and is beaded up like polish.

Will I do business with All Pro again? Yes, but I demand that a discount be given for the damage caused to the back hatch of my car.

I am no longer mad about it but still feel I should at least be some what compensated or given at least some sort of discount towards the next service or something.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  2. Electioneer

Electioneer Member

Demand a new car.

3. 2010subiefoz

2010subiefoz Banned

Why?

They didn't damage the whole car. The polish will probably come off. I do feel I am entitled to a completely new back hatch piece at the very least though. At the most I would want a new rear hatch piece and a new paint job from a reputable body shop but no need for an entire new car.

4. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

New paint job? Lol

Don't take offense, but the new car response was a joke, the fact that you took it even remotely seriously throws up red flags in my book. And a new paint job for something that is probably dirt since allpro isn't a body shop and doesn't do much polishing in house is silly.

5. 2010subiefoz

2010subiefoz Banned

Yeah,

That would be if the polish had damaged the paint. I do not see that happening though. We are talking worse case scenario here.

6. 2010subiefoz

2010subiefoz Banned

Okay,

It is kind of hard to read posts on here and figure out how someone may be joking or may not be sometimes. I never said they were a body shop. Hell, who does not polish their car? I am just trying to figure out where it would have come from? I have not polished mine within the last week at least and there was none on there when I left home. Sure it could have happened on the high way. That is entirely possible and I will not dismiss that. Throws up red flags? Are you saying I am lying about the scratches on the hatch and the polish on the side of the car? I can take pics if people do not believe me. Hell I am not the sue happy type. Most people in today's society would be sue happy and all over this type of thing. I am not. I am just saying some discount or compensation would be nice. However, if it does not happen then it does not happen. Not taking offense just making a statement is all.

7. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

Red flags as in I think your expectations might be a bit out of whack.

8. 2010subiefoz

2010subiefoz Banned

Okay,

So you feel it is to much to either ask for a new trim piece or a discount from this service or future service? After all it was not damaged when I took the vehicle down there (hatch piece).

Sent from my mind using ninja telepathy.

9. 04subiwrx

04subiwrx Member

So your upset that something in YOUR car fell over and caused minor damage? How is this All Pro's problem? I assume Wes didn't put it back there knowing damage would be caused. Don't point fingers at a well known reputable shop. Their could be a million factors causing the container to tip over

10. 04subiwrx

04subiwrx Member

Oh and the polish take a rag and wipe it off. Did you notice it before you left the shop? Why not bring it to their attention then? How do you know it wasn't something on the road from your drive home.

11. 2010subiefoz

2010subiefoz Banned

Just like I said previously i'm not real worried about it the polish. It should wipe off.

12. 2010subiefoz

2010subiefoz Banned

Yeah,

If I worked on someone's car I would have made double and triple sure nothing like this happened. At the very least put the lid on the container and duct tape it shut hell put yourself in my shoes. It's called negligence maybe you've heard that term? I personally would have offered some type of compensation or discount if it was me or my shop workers. Instead of pointing the finger at the customer and saying basically "maybe some day I'll send you a trim piece". You obviously can't read good because I clearly stated it was put back there on it's side from the get go. It was not sitting up so there is no way it could have "tipped over" because it already was tipped over. Thus, since it was already on it's side and I assumed the lid was on it so it couldn't scratch anything how exactly is this my fault lol?

13. techlord

techlord Active Member

honestly you should have ensured everything was tied down for such a long trip back.
    If AllPro said they will get you trim pieces to make you happy thats EXACTLY what they will do. They are the ONLY place I will let touch my car even though I can do the work myself. In fact, its there now.

14. 2010subiefoz

2010subiefoz Banned

Good,

Then we will wait and see. I think I left them a good over all review. Still pointing the finger at the customer nice. Okay, there is a slight possibility one could claim it's both our faults. That I can see.

15. nygiant

nygiant Member

I think the bigger issue is that this long complaint was your FIRST post on this site

16. 2010subiefoz

2010subiefoz Banned

I introduced myself. I've posted several more things since then. I'm not understanding how it being my first post is relevant?

17. 2010subiefoz

2010subiefoz Banned

Long complaint?

The complaint was short. The good stuff they did was the long part. Like I said five or six different shops couldn't fix this issue.

18. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

You stated you saw that the container was tipped over on the test drive. You should have fixed the problem then rather than driving all the way home. Bottom line shit happens man, this is your fault just as much as it is theirs.

Welcome to the community btw, something tells me you wont be sticking around very long or contributing much

19. RSConvert

RSConvert ɹǝuɹnʇpɐǝɥ uʞnɟɐɥnɯ ɐ sʇı Supporting Member

Thanks for the feedback. I am glad you were happy with our service. And I can assure you that the issues you had will be addressed and satisfied.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Patrick

20. 2010subiefoz

2010subiefoz Banned

Okay

21. 2010subiefoz

2010subiefoz Banned

Like I said. Not trying to bash anyone. I tried in my original post to focus on the good more than anything. I was happy overall with the service and everyone was friendly and the prices were reasonable. It's not something that's pressing and if I have to wait for a while for a hatch piece I will. Thanks again guys for the good work. I do intend to use you guys again in the future. I will also refer more business your way. My car is my baby and I love it. Subaru for life.

22. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

You think this is an overall good review? All you could really focus on was the bad, which is NOT the fault of ANY shop. You are responsible for the belongings in your car, whether they put them there or not. Your mistake was that you automatically assumed everything was secure when you knew it was not secure.

All Pro owes you nothing, not even a discount as you demanded in your OP. What they will continue to do, however, is provide excellent customer service and awesome mechanical service.

23. Every time I get my car back from anywhere I check every angle and make sure everything is how I would like it to be before ever getting in.
    How often does a shop technician nick paint or break trim and NOT say anything? a LOT. When the car is handed to you, it is then your responsibility to accept it. If you drive off and discover anything later on that is wrong, most shops will stand by "It was fine when you drove it off" - because it falls on you to call out any issues then and there.

24. b reel

b reel Active Member

tie-down straps and or a cargo net

25. +1 for Allpro. Sometimes things happen. I'm still trying to figure out how it's Allpro's fault. There has been many times where I brought parts up there and had the old ones placed in the trunk. Rule #1 is if you know there is even a slight chance of something being tipped over, a bump, anything you move it to a place to where it's safe. It's just one of those things mate. If they say they are going to do something for you they 100% will. Reviews are everyone's opinion goo/bad and each one counts. I think that this is the first one i've ever read that ever had bad things said about them. Just make sure when they follow through with what they agreed to doing, you update the thread.

26. Tireboi

Tireboi Member

Im sorry, not trying to bash you, but jesus christ. These guy went out of their way to rip another car apart to MAKE YOU happy. If you noticed something on the car then you should have spoken up. I know for a fact Brandon or Wes would have cleaned the car for you. Second, if you noticed the container tipped over then freaking fix yourself, are you that lazy? Just because you spent X amount of money at one shop does not mean they need to get on their knees and kiss your feet. Like Matt said Allpro does not owe you anything.

27. Electioneer

Electioneer Member

This reminds me, when I got some window regulators from All-pro a month back Brandon helped me put them in the back of my car and they got some grease on the carpeting in the trunk. I demand a re-upholster of the vehicle.

But seriously, All-pro has always been good to me. I KNOW I am not a large source of their revenue but Brandon is always willing to help me out with an issue I run into on my swap and Wes went out of his way to tack together a broken window regulator for me once. All of their customers are happy not just because it is popular, but because they really do their job well. You will catch a lot of shtick if you post here seemingly only to complain.

28. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

haha.

I'm so glad I sold my subaru.

29. resynch

resynch Supporting Member

Hate to say it but with the attitude of the OP, I bet those other shops didn't want to deal with him. All pro is the only folks I let wrench on my car and they have been nothing but careful with my car. It was the OP responsibility to secure those loose items. C'mon son!

30. seeingred

seeingred Member

allpro is good..

I've been going to all pro for 5 years plus now. Love B like a brother and the rest of the guys. But I too lately have felt that they'll take care of one problem but not ensure that nothing else is broken. A little bit like doing regression testing in IT. If you are installing brake pads, drive to seat the pads proper etc. I've been there 4-5 times to fix a noise that only came about after a brake job that was done there but still not fixed. Granted I have spent money and time and I couldn't have asked for more from B as he has spent time without charging me I am still upset that the issue is not resolved but no longer am interested or have time to go there. Totally empathize with you. Overall great team and my 2 cents is maybe focus on quality a little more as it seems to be slipping. Could be due to the increase in business as everybody on this board goes there - don't know. Overall great shop!

31. RSConvert

RSConvert ɹǝuɹnʇpɐǝɥ uʞnɟɐɥnɯ ɐ sʇı Supporting Member

Guys thanks for all the great feedback, positive and/or negative. We welcome both to help us grow as a company and better serve this community.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2013
  32. pleiades

pleiades Member

This reminds me of the time I was leaving Publix and the bagboy put the groceries in the trunk when I got home the milk had slid across the trunk or something and busted. Milk everywhere. I was pissed and called the store manager letting them know what the bagboy did to my groceries and demanded full and complete compensation for my screwed up trunk loss of milk and loss of time.

overall i like publix and will probably shop there again as they have a great deli section ..just sayin

33. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Awwww crap now we gotta read about Robb ranting about the community going south....

34. techlord

techlord Active Member

haha
    Wait, he hasn't been here long enough to know what it used to be like.

35. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

I think I actuallu made one of those rants back in 2009-2010

36. techlord

techlord Active Member

in a perfect world this place could be more like ODT. If a bunch of gun crazed rednecks can play nice couldn't we?

37. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

...and nobody cared. :wtc:

38. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

You're such an e-badass

39. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

You know I'm like this in real life. I'm just an asshole.

I'm sorry I hurt your feelings...didn't realize they issued you those in the "New" Navy.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  40. rsutton1223

rsutton1223 Obsessed Supporting Member

Probably not going to be around much longer either. I'll still go to meets but the constant e-courage on here from a select few (most of which don't even own Subaru's and talk shit about them openly now) is disappointing. Not that you guys will care if I post or not anyway...it's just sad. So no rant, just a lot less posting.

41. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Excellent! Thanks!

42. Drowland87

Drowland87 Staff Member Supporting Member

Robb no one cares what a select douchebag or two who has nothing better to do then troll on a forum they no longer have a vehicle which belongs to has to say honestly.

43. Matt

nothing ever changes with you, does it? Even when you say you're done being an asshole, you never really fucking change? Grow the fuck up.

44. rsutton1223

rsutton1223 Obsessed Supporting Member

I agree with you, but honestly...I don't have the time or patience to deal with the hassle. There are a few guys that want to make these forums their own little circle jerk and I would rather spend my time on the internet not having to deal with that.

They are happy with this place being their personal forum to be an asshole instead of actually growing a community based around Subaru's. I wish it was different but it isn't.

45. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Lol it's ironic how thin skinned some people are and can't take a little joke. Carry on folks!

46. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

Says the person who immediately whines every time they are the target of a joke...

47. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Yup yup.

48. Matt

100% this.

49. tallgeese2

tallgeese2 Member

cant we all just hug it out

50. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

That's the problem these days. Lock the animals in the cage and let them have at it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.