Rolling Midnight photo shoot

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by totsubo, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Well guys, I have to work saturday morning and on top of my diff situation I will not be attending.

2. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

I may be able to make this......

3. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

anyone planning on eating at Ege Sushi or are we just meeting there?

4. 04subiwrx

04subiwrx Member

I think just meeting there.. Not sure tho

5. UpSideDownDesi

UpSideDownDesi Active Member

i am going to meet you guys in ATL, are you just going to roll through their or stop by for some pix?

6. FACE

FACE Active Member

I will meet you guys in Marietta and will have two friends that do photography with me. Maybe one of them will want to ride with someone that is solo.

7. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

Is anyone riding with you? Are you coming back to L'ville? Can a bum bum a ride? The legs on the Audi are tired, lol!

8. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

Anyone leaving from Gwinnett? I would like to ride shotgun instead of driving. LMK!

9. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

I have a TT we could use, do you still need convertables?

10. totsubo

totsubo Member

After Marietta, the first stop is at The Varsity downtown. We should arrive around midnight. That should give you guys time to get there. However, As soon as we get there we are going to regroup and leave. We cannot wait there.

11. UpSideDownDesi

i am already going to be in Decatur today then gonna meet them at the V. You can ride back with me, no problemo

12. JEFFSTI

JEFFSTI Member

good luck guys. yall have fun tonight and be safe

13. totsubo

totsubo Member

To everyone going.

Please park on the Kroger side of the parking lot. Please do not park in front of the restaurant.

Also, I want to get out of the restaurant to organize the photo groups by 10:30. Meaning, it is better if you guys do not go to there to eat. heheheh Yeah, I am a lazy guy. But, I do not want to stay inside until past 11 cleaning up.

14. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

Hmmm, since NO ONE is leaving the Gwinnett, I guess I shall drive.

Jerks, lol.

15. totsubo

totsubo Member

This will be my last post for the night. I am heading to the restaurant.

See you guys in the Kroger parking lot at 10:30 tonight for those leaving from Marietta.

See the rest of you at The Varsity around midnight for those meeting there.

16. UpSideDownDesi

who's gonna be at the V?

17. undrgrndrdr15

undrgrndrdr15 Active Member

i was wondering the same thing... maybe the gtr's or the miata's

18. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

I will be at the V. Not sure of the time, but by midnight for sure.

PM'd you my number.

19. totsubo

totsubo Member

Thanks everyone for coming out. I wish I could have coordinated better. The next shoot will be limited to a fixed amount of cars. We had way too many cars. My apologies. I hope all the other photographers post their pictures up too.

The images taken with my camera (by Ken and Joon) should be at this URL by 12 PM 1-31-09:
    http://www.totsubo.com/RollingShots_01-30-09/

20. undrgrndrdr15

lots of cars it was great seeing and meeting everyone

21. ThaABomb

ThaABomb Member

Bad

ass

22. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

I had fun meeting everyone. Too bad my TT's top got stuck down and I had to drive home to Dunwoody in 34 degrees.

Thanks to the guys who stuck around to help. You all are a nice group of people.

23. UpSideDownDesi

damn that big turn out, good meeting everyone. Gotta do this more often, minus everyone getting lost lol.

24. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

yeah it was fun exept for getting lost lol. nice meeting everyone, and good job keeping it civil.

25. FACE

FACE Active Member

Great meeting everyone...did not get to meet you GTR guys but nice rides fellas!
    I will post up the pics my buddys took as soon as I get them!

...anyone get any of me?

26. 04subiwrx

04subiwrx Member

Had a good time.. It was nice meeting everyone.. Cant wait for the next get to gether.

27. GriffinW

GriffinW Member

It was a great turn out, I want to see the pictures!

28. UpSideDownDesi

So that was you in the Blue 09 STI, clean car man. Looked good.

29. undrgrndrdr15

i know jake got some shots of you cause we kept riding close to each other... so check for him to post his up...

30. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

YAY for VW quality! I think I'll bring this up the next time I hear you peep in how great VW is. ;P

31. FooSchnickens

FooSchnickens New Member

I think with a little better coordination it would have been fine.

I don't speak for everyone but it seemed like we had plenty of cameras for the amount of cars we had. We just needed to break the larger group into smaller groups and give each group their own photographer and rotate them around during the night.

It was nice meeting everyone, though, even if I was the only Miata out there :pssh:

Oh, think I could get a voucher for the half a tank of gas I used? :sx:

32. undrgrndrdr15

you used a half a tank.... damn i dont feel bad about the 3/4 tank i used... mean little miata though i know jake has some pictures of it...

33. undrgrndrdr15

and i wanna post an amen for no one getting in a wreck or anything like that, there was some crazy confusion at times and i know one of the r34's about got ran over by a semi and i think that was about the closeest call we had... lets see more pictures!!!

34. dinanm3atl

dinanm3atl Member

I will have some pictures. None of the cluster &#^$ that happened at the 'tunnel'. I left and took the 5 guys that got ditched at the red light getting on 285 and got some real photos... including rolling shots ;)

Who had the DARK blue WRX with the stance AND fitment... North Carolina Tags? That is the baddest Subaru in terms of fitment I have EVER seen!

35. undrgrndrdr15

my buddy with the s2k was with yall... i was talking to him but i had no idea where we were so i couldnt find yall and it was too late to meet yall by the time i was heading home...

36. dinanm3atl

dinanm3atl Member

Well the go 50mph wasn't really followed. Even leaving the Varsity I had to go 90mph to catch up to ANYONE knowing where they were going.

Not blaming anyone :)

37. GriffinW

GriffinW Member

We needed to designate an S2K per group of cars, and actually go slow enough to take pictures. Going through the tunnel at 80 doesn't leave much time to snap pictures. All in all it was a fun time.

38. dinanm3atl

dinanm3atl Member

The speed is very important though. It must be done at dawn or dusk. Going 5mph through a tunnel you will need over a second shutter speed to get wheels spinning and motion blur. I shoot 90% of my rolling shots at 1/60 and they are GREAT. Lots of wheel blur, to the point you can't see anything just spinning, and the background is whizzing by.

39. FooSchnickens

FooSchnickens New Member

Haha, gas station crew FTW! :rofl:

40. ThaABomb

ThaABomb Member

41. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

That sucks, but nice TT. I didn't know that was you.

Damn straight. We had a good time:rofl:

42. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

ah hell, I still looked good freezing my ass off! lol

The top went back up today. I went to the dealer and they said they need to replace some sensors. I'll take that over the 3 transmission repairs on my Subaru any day.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  43. FACE

FACE Active Member

Yes Sir...08 your car was looking clean too man!

:wiggle:

44. FooSchnickens

FooSchnickens New Member

Well here are the cream of the crop out of the 10 pics I had time to snap when I wasn't freezing my hands off or trying desperately to keep up on the highway (i've only got 115hp, dammit!). No rolling shots as there's no way I was going to one-hand a SLR while driving. :unamused:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

45. WRXbryanATL

WRXbryanATL Member

wish someone video taped it

46. totsubo

totsubo Member

Someone did. I am searching for the videos now.

47. totsubo

totsubo Member

48. undrgrndrdr15

Sweet can't wait to get home and watch these videos

49. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Awesome

50. FACE

FACE Active Member