Saabaru wagon pics and updates!

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by Saabidoo05, May 28, 2014.

1. Saabidoo05

Saabidoo05 New Member

Hey all, been cruising the forum here for a bit and thought i would introduce my Saab 9-2x aero 5spd. Most know its the same as a wrx wagon. I have had it for a little over a year now got it shipped from Cali to Atl in excellent condition. i will post pics in order from when i got her to the changes its been through and so on in order:

First day she arrived bone stock monster truck status:
    [​IMG]

So first thing i did was get a 3' cat back exhaust with a Magnaflow muffler and a cosworth air filter:
    [​IMG]
    I really enjoyed the sound of the magnaflow got that nice boxer rumble.

next i went with a couple little things such as the front Perrin Radiator shroud as well as alternator cover:
    [​IMG]

The next thing down the line was getting the good ole Accessport V2 as well as picking up some Tein Springs, flashed stage 1 ran excellent, the ride of the springs is stiff but a perfect drop, pretty low but not too much:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That's it for stage 1.

2. Saabidoo05

Saabidoo05 New Member

So the ride was coming along nicely, really liked the height it was at and the windows in the back were already blacked out. But i obviously needed more so major goodies were bought and installed. i went with:
    -Invidia V3 split down pipe, Catless
    -Invidia Catless Up pipe
    -Perrin turbo Heat shield

[​IMG]

Flashed Stage 2 on the accessport and really got the power i wanted and the sound was amazing, really happy with the quality of the Invidia Products and im trying to keep all quality parts on the car.

Next up came some new wheels which i got for a great deal and fit very flush MB Battles, in a goldish bronze color. really like these wheels:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also got some goodies for under the hood:
    -Front Strut bar
    -Perrin 3' turbo inlet
    -Perrin afta-maf

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In between all that i put in a Kenwood head unit and a carbon fiber shift knob as well as just recently installing 3 Defi Gauges boost, Water temp, Oil temp on the middle clock mount, came out excellent:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also got a custom carbon fiber print brah throw on every once in a while:

[​IMG]

So as for stuff ive racked up that basically covers it, i like to switch it up every now and then so i Plasti dipped my stock enkei's black with multiple layers and threw them back on for a little bit to save my other tires as well as dipping the front grill as well, came out perfect and has held up great so far!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So that's how she sits as of now, current mod list:
    -Tein Srpings
    -drilled/slotted rotors
    -Front strut bar
    -Perrin Turbo Heat shield
    -Perrin radiator cover/ alternator cover
    -Perrin battery strap
    -Invidia V3 split Catless DP
    -Invidia Catless UP
    -Magnaflow 3' Catback
    -Perrin 3' Turbo inlet
    -Perrin Afta maf
    -Cosworth air filter
    -Kenwood touch screen head unit
    -Defi Gauges with pod
    -CF shift knob weighted
    -Cobb accessport V2
    -Pure Turbo New TD04 turbo
    -Rocksfordfostgate 12' sub in the back will lay it down.
    -Front windshield top tint as well as full tint around (limo in back)

Comments are always welcome and i am always doing different things and will continue to upload pictures and updates on the car! thanks all.

3. chameleon

chameleon Member

Not many of these running around ... glad to see you keep it clean.

4. digitizedsoul

digitizedsoul Moderation is a vice Supporting Member

were the 9-2x sedans also boxer powered?

5. Holc13WRX

Holc13WRX Supporting Member

just like the frs/brz the 9-2x is the same as a wrx with saab badge

6. Saabidoo05

Saabidoo05 New Member

No sedans just this wagon from 05-06 is the combo Saab did with Subaru. 05 engine has(2.0lt) and the 06 has the 2.5lt

7. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

You know I never made the connection but the scoop on the Saab looks very similar to the newer Subarus depending on the angle you view it from.

That's a fantastic looking wagon there.

8. Saabidoo05

Saabidoo05 New Member

Ya I have thought the same thing and the headlights aren't much different either. the scoop on the hood is almost the same when next to one another.

9. nygiant

nygiant Member

nice car dude!
    what's the history between saab and subaru? What joint venture put out these saabarus?

10. liltoua

liltoua Member

Good start! I'm assuming that people in your boat take these things to Subaru for service?

11. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Beautiful car... Good job.

12. Andr3w

Andr3w Member

Looks good! I like what you've done so far.

13. Saabidoo05

Saabidoo05 New Member

Yes people would take this to Subaru for service. I use Allpro to service and install most of my stuff!

14. Saabidoo05

Saabidoo05 New Member

And thanks all much appreciated, I want to wrap my side mirrors in CF and a few other ideas have been floating around, i will take more pictures with my other wheels on soon!

15. b reel

b reel Active Member

noooo it looks good in red, I'd look into blacken out the headlights and call her done exterior wise.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 31, 2014
  16. slade1274

slade1274 Member

Agreed, I like the red too- but I can see how they've faded a bit more that the rest of the car.

17. b reel

b reel Active Member

didn't notice that at first but obvious once pointed out. Pop them off for a quick repaint or go for that JDM power folding option.

18. Saabidoo05

Saabidoo05 New Member

Exactly been bugging me lol, more I compound and wax them the worse off they fade, but a quick re spray wouldn't harm!

19. Saabidoo05

Saabidoo05 New Member

Dude I want to so the Koji mod sooooo bad I'm just afraid to bake my headlights, there rather pricey to replace since there are none out there. What's your opinion yours look great if that's your car!

20. Saabidoo05

Saabidoo05 New Member

Thanks man, I think they make some other similar ventures such as the Saab 9-5 wagon is just like the outback in many ways, the Saab 9-7x was actually based off a Chevy trailblazer, same body.. They have a bunch of weird little combos..

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  21. b reel

b reel Active Member

Not my car but do have some bugeye wagon yard art

GM use to own Saab and a small share of Subaru in the past

Foresters were sold as Chevy's in India

22. Saabidoo05

Saabidoo05 New Member

Recent Pictures, fresh to death:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]