Sam's Subaru Journey :fruit:

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by Sam, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Sam

Sam Mrs. Sparta

Since my husband is insisting that we take the Facebook posts back to the site, it's only fitting that I finally start a member's journal. I don't post a lot on here or lurk because for those that don't know my Husband is SPARTA and he lives on here enough that there is no need for me to lol.

Anyway, I am going to try to give an overview in pictures of my Subaru journey.

First up 2010.... the cursed 2006 Obsidian Black Pearl STI. This is where it all started. Why you may ask do I say cursed? This car spent more time parked then driven. Bought with a fully built motor, you know FP Green, meth kit, tgv deletes, forged pistons blah blah. Little over a month later the engine blows (no surprise). Spent months trying to get it to run right before deciding to take to Allpro Subaru, where they basically put a new engine in it and new turbo. The freaking thing still didn't run right even after all the months of heartache, nothing on Brandon and his team they ROCK! Get it back the beginning of the next year and head up to the Dragon that February. What happens? I roll! The car is totaled and I walked from it without a scratch. The best thing that could have happened to that car.

Insurance let me buy it back for a couple thousand dollars lol and a nice check to cover the loss. I part it out and keep the basically brand new engine on stand by just in case. Come on, we all know I was headed for another Subaru ASAP.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is minutes before she killed herself....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next up 2011... Week or so later I got a tip that someone had traded in a 2005 STI at a dealership near by. Lucky me. No really, I loved this car. She was pretty much stock when I got it, if I recall. SPARTA may remember better, but we swapped everything over from the 2006 that it is hard to remember. lol.

At the dealership...

[​IMG]

At Allpro Subaru swapping everything over...

[​IMG]

I loved this car, granted there was a slight mishap with a spark plug change that resulted in having to use the spare engine I had from the 2005. But its a Subaru and we won't get into that.

I can honestly say this is the one car I regret selling. I sold it only because SPARTA was headed to bootcamp and I just didn't want the stress of an unreliable car.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the day I sold her.... pink was all replaced with black. Wheels were sold separately.

:sold: 2012

[​IMG]

Next up, my current Subaru. 2013 Satin White Pearl WRX. 2 STIs to a WRX you may ask yourself why did I not get a STI. Simple. I really didn't need it. Yeah I'd be a cool kid in my STI and I still would like one, but the responsible adult in me knows I just really didn't need all the bells and whistles of an STI or the car payment increase really lol.

Bought on 3/3/2014

Mods-

- SPT Catback
    - SPT Short Shifter
    - I then tinted the windows lol
    - Black WRX side emblems.
    - Red Tail lights
    - 18x9.5 Rota Grids in Hyper Blue
    - Front Lip
    - Hella horns

In the Future -
    - Lower it
    - Hids
    - Access port at some point

The Day I test drove it...

[​IMG]

Getting Tint...

[​IMG]

Hellas!

[​IMG]

Red Tails!

[​IMG]

6/24/2014

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

a friend of mine has a retrofit kit from TRS he's looking to sell. Interested? It's the real deal HID kit.

3. liltoua

liltoua Member

Good lookin car Sam!

4. Mike@TSM

Mike@TSM Member

Looks great! Congrats on the new ride :)

5. Sam

Sam Mrs. Sparta

The past 7 days the front end looks a little different :)

Dana painted the housings of headlights and we finally wired up the Hellas.

Also, our awesome tint/paint guy came to C&O and took my front grille piece. He had a vision when he saw how it was gloss on top and that gray color around. Now it's PAINTED (no plastidip) satin black all around. Blends really well with the headlights.

Before

[​IMG]

After

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Working on the headlights

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014