Scoobaru's 2008 STI

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by scoobaru, Aug 8, 2014.

1. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

Welp I'm back in another subaru! Picked up this 08 with 70k miles last Tuesday. Super clean and bone stock most of its life. Only current mods are an invidia q300 with ti tips and Cobb 50/50. Picked up a catted dwg invidia dp yesterday and a v3 accessport today. So she'll be stage 2 this weekend. Oh it also has the roof rack which I haven't decided about keeping it. And bestop brake pads.

Loving it so far! I missed the Subie rumble and I'm really liking the hatch.

Current mods:

Invidia catted DWG Downpipe - 8/10/14
    Invidia Q300 catback with titanium tips
    Cobb AP v3 running OTS stage 2 - 8/10/14
    Cobb intake - 8/27/14
    Tint - 8/21/14
    18x9.5 +40 Rays gram lights 57xtreme wrapped in 265-35-18 hankooks - 8/24/14
    Drag neo chrome aluminum lug nuts
    Project Mu pads
    Fortune auto coilovers with swift springs 8k - 8/30/14
    Fenders rolled and alignment 8/31/14
    Weathertech mats front and rear - 12/25/14
    Replica front lip - 1/31/15

Future mods include:

Upgrade stereo
    Sways/end links
    Protune

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  2. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

Reserved.

3. Drowland87

Drowland87 Staff Member Supporting Member

Congrats on the new purchase!

4. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

Nice, man I love the sti hatch backs. Contemplated on selling my '05 for one. I only have about 72k on mine but I just can't part ways with it

5. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

Thanks guys. I flashed a stage 1 map to the car today. Pretty nice, seems to be a good bit smoother at lower rpm. And a subtle power increase. Now I gotta get this down pipe installed!

6. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

Looking good Lenard! Can't wait to see the updates!!

7. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

Installed my DP today thanks to the help of KA05STI. What a difference! has a deeper rumble to it now too.

Also have to comment on cobb's launch control. Never had that on my previous subaru's but man does it make launching much easier!

8. Subie_Dooo

Subie_Dooo New Member

nice looking hatch man cant wait for the mods

9. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

Here is where i started in the subaru world. 2004 JBP STI. It had a slowboy stock location gt30 and supporting mods. Ending up spinning a rod bearing and replacing the shortblock. Sold it not too long afterwords due to it being too expensive for me at the time.
    [​IMG]

Then i turned around and picked up this 2002 bugeye that was 6 speed swapped, vf39 and sti tmic. Tein coilovers and all the suspension goodies. Really miss this car!
    [​IMG]

10. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

Those memories along w the new ones being created. Looking good scoobaru

11. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

Speaking of memories. Can you believe this was 7 years ago??

[​IMG]

12. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

Few new goodies purchased. OP updated.

13. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

Got the rear fenders rolled and the car aligned yesterday. Loving it! New pics in the op.

14. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Very nice so far. I'm kinda in the same market right now. Good find.

15. Subie_Dooo

Subie_Dooo New Member

i wanted to get this exact year as a hatch as well. but ended up with the sedan but I'm not complaining lol

16. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

Took off the thule rack and added a replica front lip. Debating on removing the door trim. Also thought about having the wheels powdercoated silver. Any thoughts?

17. b reel

b reel Active Member

if the concentration of asshats is the same as around here, I'd keep the door trim, coating is your call as I think either look good on silver... lose the chrome on the fenders with the R205 mod.

18. BLACKWGOLDWRX

BLACKWGOLDWRX Member

wheels look great