September 21st Mountain Run

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by oneiguy, Aug 25, 2008.

?

Sept 21st run times

Poll closed Sep 20, 2008.
  1. 7-8 am

54.8%
  2. 2-3 pm

45.2%
  1. TougeTuned

TougeTuned Banned

i have had to run errands in both hiram and kennesaw today and have not found a gas station that has had gas. if you have a station that does have gas or should have it in the morning sound off. ill be damned if i am missing this run!:mad:

2. 4sevens

4sevens Member

On the other hand it's probably good. Otherwise it may have been the last
    mountain run or any run I'd ever do. :eek:hnoes:

Be safe everyone

3. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

Make it to my house and you are good. Also the shell on Barrett has 93.

4. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

You too.

5. 4sevens

4sevens Member

6. TougeTuned

TougeTuned Banned

good because i only have less than half a tank :eek:hnoes:

7. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

I'm right at half a tank too...and I still gotta drive 30 miles home from work!....hopefully the shell by my house has some!

8. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Well im in Kennesaw now on E and can't find a gast station

9. 2thAche

2thAche Member

All the BPs near me are out of gas. Hopefully up 400 there will be some.

10. 4sevens

4sevens Member

11. 2thAche

2thAche Member

12. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Ii like 17/75 for the waves lol. Its a fun road for cruising. Not very technical besides the wide hairpins but it allows for some speed and like I said, waves lol.

13. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

14. renegade

renegade Member

myself +1 LGT I'm leaving around the BBQ time and not eating. I can't wait for this meet:sx:

15. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

Alright guys and gals. We will see you in a few. :)

16. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

Have fun guys be safe!

17. TougeTuned

TougeTuned Banned

anyone find gas on 400.. im kinda stuck :(

18. Slowsoul

Slowsoul Member

Late in the game here...I might be able to convince the lady that we should come hang out out today! Not that she is hard to convince, she has always enjoyed the meets that she has been to...but I was supposed to change her oil, and wash her car today.

If we make it up it would be for the afternoon run.

Hopefully so, if not, you kids have fun and be careful!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2008
  19. Deke

Deke Active Member

Hope you guys have a fun time. Due to a few different circumstances, I wasn't able to make it :(

20. 4sevens

4sevens Member

21. 4sevens

4sevens Member

the 6am run was awesome. nobody but us on the road.
    there was a good mix of cars and colors
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9am shift rolls in
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Had a great time! Mucho Gracias to Sean for organizing this!

Can't wait to see more pics!

23. renegade

renegade Member

yeah that was a blast I can't believe I won't be able to do this again :( moving to Colorado though so there will still be a cool mountain (Pikes Peake) to ride. I can't wait to see the 9am run pictures and video. That was ridiculous fun.

24. Jake

Jake Active Member

Keegan has tons of pics. Just waiting on him to post. Thanks to all who came out today, it was a great turnout and amazing weather. Had lots of fun making it an all day thing with the cookout.

Everyone needs to personally thank sean for organizing this if you see him again. Maybe next time I will have the L up there.

25. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

just got back from the afternoon run, i had a blast!

26. renegade

renegade Member

Here are a few

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Apple anyone

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

27. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

I have about 300 pics...I'm putting a summary of them together to post aswell as a link to the 4touge gallery where all of them will reside. Stay tuned...

28. Sti4LifR

Sti4LifR New Member

i'm just a little jealous..... ok a lot. Congrats on the trip maybe next time.

29. Trey

Trey Active Member

Another early bird here....

I had fun riding with you guys and meeting you. It was alot of fun! Good way to start the day. :D

Oh and David, that camera is awesome!

30. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

That was incredible! Sean, thanks again for organizing this.

31. Devo's Evo

Devo's Evo New Member

Awesome pics guys!! Keeg, look forward to seeing yours as well...The early run was great...Sean, AWESOME JOB MAN!!!!! Thanks for the efforts......Good to see everyone today....

32. 98SILVERSTANG

98SILVERSTANG Member

Had an awesome time today!! Big thanks to everyone. I have a new found respect for Subi's :) . I can't wait to do it again. It was nice meeting everyone.

Alain

33. 2thAche

2thAche Member

Great meeting the 7-AM guys and alot of you at 9, wish I could have stayed for the 9AM run. The 7AM run was a wide-open blast!

Great job Sean.

34. renegade

renegade Member

Yeah it was awesome great meeting all you guys. Thanks Sean for setting all this up it was cool to meet more subie enthusiast that like to drive their car the way they were built for. I have a few more pictures but they aren't interesting enough to post up.

35. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

sean thanks for organizing this all! sorry we were a bit late w the hamburger meat....didnt get off work till 3am! anyways....my younger bro, Tony and older bro Bryan (srt8 cherokee) had an awesome time! hopefully we can do a couple more times before it gets too cold!!!!

36. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Thanks Sean I had a blast!

Awesome day today. It was cool talking to some new people. I'm glad noone had any troubles!

37. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

[​IMG]

Sunday morning started out early. Seven a.m. to be exact. Subarus from all parts of Georgia revved up their engines in the crisp, almost-to-be-Fall air, determined to leave north Georgia pickup trucks and cyclists in their dust (or smoke…leadfoot!?). Drivers came from all directions, heading north on 400 to the bustling metropolis called Dahlonega, some alone, some flanked with pretty girls, and some with…Jake.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The group heading north started out small, slowly building as the trip rolled on. The search for premium fuel delayed some travelers, as the search for gas becomes more of a frustration across the board. The first destination was the Dahlonega Wal-Mart, where Subaru’s joined other mountain run enthusiasts, including Corvettes, Evo’s, an NSX, IS350, and a 350Z.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Keegan left early to scout, looking for a good spot to catch everyone speeding around the bend…and also take a quick look for the uniformed anti-fun crusaders (cops). The coast was clear and the first group raced around the edge of the mountain, doing their best to avoid the cyclists who were determined to continue their route along the twists and turns better suited for gas-powered vehicles.
    Two groups followed suit, with more Subaru’s in tow along with two guys that drive Corvettes the way they are supposed to be driven (Leadfoot Tim and his buddy). They whipped around the twists and turns, with Sean and Jason battling it out as they headed south on 60.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The drivers concentrated on precision through the tighter turns on 180. The scenic backdrop of the north Georgia mountains whizzed by as the cars headed to a stopping point in Suches. The group divided and as some took on the task of heading back to Wal-mart for last-minute lunch supplies, others took the scenic route to Vogel State Park.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The arrival to Vogel State Park brought along a few surprises: large groups of children and the elderly took up the majority of the large seating areas, leaving the smaller grills and scattered picnic tables for use, and also…was someone planning to use their trunk as a grill instead? Nope, that’s just a lesson learned: sometimes just a bungee cord is not enough. Perhaps duct tape would have kept all of the charcoal briskets in the bag?

[​IMG]

On top of that was yet another surprise: all of the supplies for a successful bar-b-que had been obtained, except for one important ingredient: the meat! “Epic Fail!” The hot dogs and hamburgers that were so highly anticipated were en route from Alpharetta. A quick trip to the local general store brought a few packages of hot dogs to hold everyone over until the Alpharetta group arrived with the goods.

Everyone left at their own pace, well fed and tired from the day. The run gave everyone a chance to enjoy the day and see each other once again, with a few new faces in the mix.

words: ashley s photos: me
    (we thought it would make the photos more interesting to have a story to go with them) :wiggle:

38. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i'm trying to get the gallery of all 300 pics up but it may be a bit, sorry

pm if you want full res of any of these guys

39. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Haha, nice coverage Keegan!

BTW: it was me and running with Jason and the Vettes on 60 and it was more like him showing a couple of Vettes what a little Sedan can do!

40. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

Well I just got home about a hour ago. I had a great time. It was a pleasure meeting all of you. The weather was perfect. Good food and conversations. Couldn't ask for a better day. I am sure we will do it again. I will get some pics up in a minute.

41. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

jason and sean were going at it down 60 though while i was following

42. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

I like it

43. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

Good times. I need mo powa!

44. 4sevens

4sevens Member

Thanks Trey! I got a few chuckles as I saw Peter (my co-pilot armed with
    my DSLR) tossed about as he was trying to stay still for some good shots.
    He captured quite a few good ones, the rest were mostly "motion blurr" :rofl:
    Nice meeting you Trey!

45. Jake

Jake Active Member

yay for pics. Keegan email me a high res of the one with me out the window to matt4x421@aol.com

46. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Ah, I thought you were talking about when you took the 2nd pic ;-p

47. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

Here are some pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]