September 21st Mountain Run

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by oneiguy, Aug 25, 2008.

?

Sept 21st run times

Poll closed Sep 20, 2008.
  1. 7-8 am

54.8%
  2. 2-3 pm

45.2%
  1. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

you know...everyone's got one of those

2. renegade

renegade Member

Those are some nice pictures. Sucked I was the only RS there in the morning until Matt (2pt5rs) showed up. By that time I had to leave on my long journey to Columbus, GA again. morning run was awesome though I find myself standing around some of those pictures and my car in the background or in a mass of other cars. Great stuff I liked the story as well that went with the pictures. guess there were no pictures of the apple tossing?

3. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

sorry missed capturing that

4. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

Yes...and he's very very jealous of your beast...wanna trade? :sx:

5. 4sevens

4sevens Member

haha... let's test drive each others and then decide :)

In a way I do miss the stock setup. I didn't get to use much of the GT35R
    in the mountains except on the long straights but then there was lots
    of brake usage at the end of the straights heheh.

6. Jake

Jake Active Member

7. 2thAche

2thAche Member

Great pics. I wish I could have stayed for the 9AM run. Were you able to get any speed up or was traffic in the way? How about the afternoon run?

8. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

Oh we got some speed.:naughty: Went around counter clockwise. Made it up top nice and open. Came back down, and hit 180. We are the only ones on it. Afternoon was cut a little short ;), but still got to go for a while.

9. jason

jason Member

Nice meeting you new guys..

10. 07Ltd#767

Ditto...and thanks again for organizing Sean.

Btw...if you ever get a chance, drive in front of Jason. His BOV is so damn loud it makes it sound like someone's chasing you with a gun...made me drive a little faster :ddirty:

11. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

Anytime, ..and I have it's pretty cool

12. jason

jason Member

LOL Its not that bad is it?

13. Jake

Jake Active Member

maybe some cool futuristic air gun or something.

14. 07Ltd#767

No, it's freaking badass - I want to go front mount and bigger turbo just so I can scare the shit outta people like that.

That last run was too awesome...had the SRT8 cherokee in front of us (which, btw, really shocked me...hardly any roll in that beast at all) which sounded like mad thunder fury in front and jason's car behind me.

I almost ejaculated on the steering wheel...yeah, it was that good :ddirty:

15. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

Yeah Jason's BOV is a a little on the louder side. It caused me to look in my rearview the first few times I heard it. I haven't had that much fun in years. It was nice seeing a few familiar faces and meeting some new people. I really wish I could have stayed for the afternoon run as well. I want to thank everybody that was there for making it a good time. Sean thanks again for organizing, and Keegan for the pics and recon. When are we going again :naughty:

16. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

17. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

pppchew....pppchew...

here comes jason

18. kingwrex

kingwrex Supporting Member

:dunno

Last edited: Sep 23, 2008
  19. kingwrex

20. kingwrex

21. jason

jason Member

22. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

Who was in the 08 sedan?

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!!!!

23. '05limited

'05limited Member

24. Deke

Deke Active Member

[​IMG]

25. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

punching your car?

i'm just making fun of the laser gun that you call a bov...pchew...pchew

26. man im sad that i missed out on this event but i'll make it out to the next one.

27. renegade

renegade Member

You definitely missed out on a good one too. Lots of good looking cars and lots of fun twisting roads.

28. Slowsoul

Slowsoul Member

Yeah...I am a little miffed that I didn't make it out to this one either.

not going to blame the girlfriend, not going to blame the girlfriend, not going to blame the girlfriend.

29. renegade

renegade Member

Sounds like a women problem to me. I was going to be going because of my wife but then last minute she wanted me to go and experience an awesome subie meet and well I love her even more now for allowing me to go.

30. i had just gotten some new tires friday too so that would have been a blast...went from 215s to 225s.

31. renegade

renegade Member

Yeah my buddy with the Legacy GT at the Columbus meet went with me as well from columbus. We left at like 6:15am to get there at 9am for the morning run. Waking up that early was well worth it. My crappy tyres did the job and held alright my brakes didn't fair to well though I think a nice suspension and brake up grade will help make my car more awesome along with a nice set of tires. Except I may want Brembos and in that case I'll need new wheels and everything.

32. Jake

Jake Active Member

hey guys. who has my other radio?

its the orange one. i need it back its actually my roomates!!!!

33. 07Ltd#767

I say we arrange another run and you can get it back at the end :D

34. Jake

Jake Active Member

you have it? I don't have a car to drive up there. I just need to get it back so he doesn't get on my ass about it.

35. 07Ltd#767

no, i have no idea who has it, but I'm willing to guess they'll show up if we organize another one

36. 98SILVERSTANG

98SILVERSTANG Member

I am game to go. Just let me know when :)

37. renegade

renegade Member

I'll have to do a Pikes Peake run and take pictures and tell you all how it is out there. I wish I could get back out there with you guys they ship my RS out tomorrow. I'm going to miss that car. I hope it gets to Colorado alright. I await more pictures of our awesome 9am run. If I ever make it back to the region in my hopefully improved RS I may see if anyone wants to make a run to the mountains again. I hope to find a good swap candidate for my RS, I'll make sure I keep my project updated on this forum. I'm hoping for some sort of upgrade when I get to CO.

38. '05limited

'05limited Member

Got my 20g setup tuned, I'm ready to go again, this time with boost! ...and 355whp.

39. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

Just let me know.

40. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

When are the rest of the pics going to be up? I'm down for another one in a couple weeks after all of this gas business blows over.

41. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

Let's plan for one in November!

That way I can bring a new toy hopefully!!!

42. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

I will let you know what my schedule looks like

Oh we will go before then.:)

43. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

Well let me start shopping, lol.

44. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

What are you looking for?

45. renegade

renegade Member

Whatever happened to 4touge.com? also those pictures that were taken at this Mountain Run?

46. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

4touge.com is up and running.

Its not as active as Wrxatlanta though. The pictures Keegan posted on here are the same on 4TOUGE.

47. Jake

Jake Active Member

the splash page is down you have to type in 4touge.4rumer.net to get in

48. renegade

renegade Member

There are more pictures than that though. I read something about not enough space for them. Also what about the Vids that people took? I've been looking for something new for my background of my own car.

49. 2thAche

2thAche Member

I try to do every other weekend whenever possible.

50. 4sevens

4sevens Member

Let's do this again.

Early sunday mornings. No bikers, no cops.

I don't have my STI anymore. The stock miata will do. I'll just stay in the back.