ShiftPoint Motorsports Festival @ Atlanta Motor Speedway 7/19

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by SubieEngineer, Jul 14, 2015.

1. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

2. Mike@TSM

Mike@TSM Member

I have one of my customers going for the time attack and I'm going to try and head down to hang out.

3. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

I'll be at the Auto X that they are having in one of the parking lots. PCA is having one that day.

4. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

^ Nice! Ya'll see me driving through the pits, say hi. :)

I don't know if we have assigned car #s or not for the DE, but I'll be #4 or something else easy to do in painter's tape.

5. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

So there is a fairly good chance of rain this weekend...

I LOVE driving in the rain... and I am not joking.

6. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

I really don't want to be driving 100+ in the rain on a new track... :|

Last time I did that was counterclockwise at TX World Speedway, where the T6-T10 area is especially slick in the wet. First time this direction, first out lap (full course yellow) I do a 180* between 9-10. Second lap 4 off. I still have mud under the STI from that... :|

AX in the rain I somewhat enjoy. Need to make the back end looser as my car has a tendency to want to push in the rain versus rotate.

7. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

I'll have a booth set up in the vendor area. I wish my coupe was done and I could do some driving

8. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

I'll be there hanging out, my car will be with the Touge Fighter tent. I think i'll bring my camera and try to snap some pics of you all

9. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

Saw you drive into the garage area and never saw you again. :rofl: I hung out in the garage closest to the media building, moved my stuff over there, too.

Fun track! A big sketchy with a lack of run-off on the infield portion and some "don't wind up here" areas. As a good friend of mine put it, it's like a street circuit. I could've been faster, but I think I was decently quick first time out. Fastest lap was around a 1:47:XX if I remember my data right.

Saw some cars loose it, especially the white Ford. :( Glad the drivers all walked away!

I have some videos I'll post here later.

10. FACE

FACE Active Member

Too bad I missed this. In for the videos!

11. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

12. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

13. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

yeah i was in the vendor garage, and i was up late working the night before so i pretty much fell asleep in a camping chair for a long while.

14. benfrancis

benfrancis Member

15. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

:rofl: Yeah, I know that feeling well!

It was! If you haven't done a HPDE before, I highly recommend it! Much more seat time than your typical AX, although more expensive (per event, but not really more per minute of drive time).