Slowwrx's 06 STI Teardown\Build up

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by slowwrx, Sep 4, 2007.

1. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Just ordered injectors mmmm 1200cc RC Engineering Injectors....That should be good for my goals.

Motor should be here next week and I will start the teardown.

I also just sent an email to "THE SIEGEL" and hopefully we will hear back from Cobb today about parts for the motor.

I'm also looking into the BorgWarner Turbos. Its really hard to find good info on them though.

Edit...

I also ordered everything I need for the Fuel System...Super Gangsta Fuel System....Much like the RCM Gobstopper setup.

2. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

:eek4::eek4::eek4::eek4:

thats about all i can say for that...

3. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

wow, sounds sick. Mark Thompson and I may need to stop by and talk to you about Subiesport

4. slowwrx

Drop me a PM maybe we can meet for dinner, we need to do it as soon as we can, parts are starting to arrive.

5. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Well you spilt the beans. You are going with a 6 cylinder. EZ30? 3.6L? Which one?

6. slowwrx

Its an EZ30R with either a 40R or a 42R. The motor is on the way here now.

Let me work on the build sheet and Ill post it up.

Matt

7. slowwrx

8. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Did I read that right? 5 gallon fuel cell? Man you will be stopping everywhere to gas up during One Lap as you can't trailer the cars in One Lap!

9. slowwrx

One One Lap the car will have a secondary cell for transport between stages.

The 5 gallon cell will be just for Time Attacks

10. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

So a standard tank and a racefuel tank?

11. slowwrx

Just for One Lap, the Standard tank will be removable so that we don't have the extra weight on track.

12. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Okay that makes perfect sense now. Are you allowed to remove the tanks when you get there? A tank full of gasoline can be very heavy so how will you remove it? That trunk has gotta be full with two tanks plus all the other stuff unless you are installing a hitch to pull a small trailer like Luke and Doug did at their first One Lap.

13. Brian

Brian Active Member

The pump gas tank located on a trailer would seem ideal. Saves time and weight.

14. slowwrx

You can pretty much do whatever you want. We will be taking very little with us this year. I'm mailing a change of clothes to each hotel on the route and Ill mail back my dirty laundry. The only thing Ill have in the car is tools and my bathroom bag. I will not run a trailer.

No trailer for us, but I had thought about that.

15. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

no trailer for us eighter, just the basic tools, some fluids, a fold up bike and our clothes.

16. slowwrx

My brother and his buddy are thinking about building an A-Team van to take next year...

17. slowwrx

The Lexan Windows should be here tommrow, so I can start cutting up the doors for the cage. Looks like I'm going to go Nascar style with the bars. Next years One Lap is going to be interesting.

Matt

18. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

did you find someone that makes lexan windows for our cars... or just buying some sheets

19. slowwrx

Percys Speed Glass I bought the pre curved ones but they still have to be cut to fit.