Sneak Preview!

Discussion in 'Killshot' started by Mike@TTR, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Hoping to have the majority of this done this weekend. We have, in theory every single part we need. Other than squeezing in a tune for a military guy that only has 1 weekend pass for several months, I will be devoting all my time this weekend to the kit.

We also have some new alternatives to PPG gears we are going to start carrying here in the next couple months. They are cheaper and supposedly rated at 600 awhp!

2. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

What the MFactory gears?

3. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Yes, but cryo treated. With the cryo treatment they are supposed to hold up to 600 awhp.

4. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Stupid short ratios....

5. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Lol, yeah we are actually talking with them now, begging them to come out with a longer ratio gearset and even offering to test them.

6. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Then get them to freaking make a rear LSD for the R180. They made a front one.

7. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

I don't see how cryo treating can take them from a rated power of 350 to 600. Are you getting confused with the new straight cuts they have coming out?

8. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

This is the pro series. Straight cut, yes. They supposedly have them on a 950 hp drag car currently and holding fine even without cryo. The other gears, the close ratio after cryo are supposed to handle around 450 at the wheels.

9. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

I want dibs on testing the long gear ratio set. imma need em lol

10. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

5 speed only at this point :/

11. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

12. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

damn...

13. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

an 07 6spd is stronger than an 04?

14. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Just as strong if not stronger due to longer ratios. My 4th gears winds out to 120 mph :)

You can upgrade your 04 gears into a 07 I believe.

15. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

oh ok sweet! I just want a safe setup for the s300. I'm scared its gonna break my tranny lol

16. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Don't launch it all the time and you will be fine. You will break a shift fork before you break the gears.

17. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

That is my understanding as well. I am sure Andy could build the tranny with 07 gears if it can be done.

Yeah saw the thread, that guy made 400 whp with a leaky end tank and leaking boost like crazy...never heard much from him after they fixed it, but those end tanks were just ugly on a front mount that looks like it belongs more on a diesel truck.

18. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Yeah those end tanks were in no way efficient. Zig zagged and then made a complete turn into the FMIC only to do it again at the other end. I just shake my head at this.

[​IMG]

19. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

I guess they stated it was for some kind of clearance issue...but it seems like it would have negated any benifit they gained by shortening the intake tract by all those bends that the air had to take....and sharp bends too, not even rounded...I dunno. Can't speak for what they had in mind on that one.

20. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

thanks. that eases my mind a bit. I will be racing it but not launching. kinda just rolling off the line for now

21. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Uh huh....heard THAT one before!

22. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

^^^^I've said the same thing. :rolleyes:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

23. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

lol I have self control...mainly fear haha

24. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

BAH, fear gets tossed aside to adrenaline. Believe me, had many a time as a cop that it happened!

25. UpSideDownDesi

UpSideDownDesi Active Member

i am still on r160, stock wrx axles, and hubs.... :(. I got life time warranty on the axles tho, break em, take em back, and tadaaa new ones lol. 07 6spd or just post up to trade your 6spd for a ppg 5spd.

26. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Those are not very impressive numbers for such a big build running on E85. What's up with the super late spool??? I made almost that much HP on pump gas. I bet we get close to 500HP on race fuel.

27. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

If I had to guess I would say a massive leak in the intercooler end tank did not help build much hp ;)

28. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

^^^Yeah did you read the entire thread....he had a massive end tank failure.

29. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Mike here is a suggestion just like I told Matt. Why don't you get a universal flange made that will fit both the 3 bolt headers and the 2 bolt headers? That way you make 1 kit that fits both applications? WBR did that. Here's a pic of the flange
    [​IMG]

30. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

So if he made mad power, why did he never update the thread? Seems like he found the problem and said he re-tuned the car but never put up any numbers. I still think the end tanks are retarded.

31. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

I am not sure what kind of power he made in the end to be honest. He just kind of disappeared. The end tanks just look like a failed design, but only he can answer for those. Maybe there was some unknown reason for the odd design.

Here is a link to some of the test data that Bullseye has collected on their turbos.

As for the flange, it is a simple matter of using one or the other. I really don't see the need to invest in a new flange system. For now we are going to be making these to order anyway, so we can always use one flange or the other at the time of the purchase. We would just need the request from the customer.