SOG (Subaru of Gwinnett)

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by BelvnAWD, May 13, 2005.

1. slpymnky

slpymnky Member

Classic may just let you test drive an STI. They let me test drive a WRX when I was 15. Now I'm 16 and I test drove a Legacy GT 5MT a few days ago. It's worth a shot to go there and try.

2. j69raw

j69raw Member

They really SUCK!!!!!!!!!!

3. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

j69raw: u are entitled to ur opinion and have every right to share it... however, that can be accomplished without being harsh or rude... no need for 'name calling'...

4. j69raw

j69raw Member

What are you talking about name calling!

Who am I name calling!

5. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

now that i read my post, i see i didn't make myself clear as to what i wanted to post... i know ur not name calling... i meant to write 'without being harsh or rude or name calling'... im not accusing u of name calling... just dont want things to escalate on this thread...

at the same time i believe ur post about 'subaru gwinnett sucks' was harsh... i agree u have gone through a lot with them and ur message has been put out there clearly... i do sympathize with u and wish u had better experiences with them... at the same time, please remember that SOG is a member on this board... a lot of us have had good experiences with some of the people at SOG... the way we have been running this club so far, we want members to treat one another professionally... and professional behaviour should exist between all members...

i believe everyone should know if u had a bad experience that u are willing to share... but certain comments are unnecessarily harsh... in the past we have had a few conflicts arise between members... these started as simple disagreements and then led on to unprofessional behavior... our policy is to end conflicts before they begin

once again, i apologize for any misunderstanding my post may have caused

6. j69raw

j69raw Member

No problem! Maybe I should rephrase my comment "The sales department at SOG SUCKS!

7. CROSSeyed

CROSSeyed Member

That could be more accurate, although it also is a generalization. I also had a less than pleasant experience with a salesperson when looking at 06 STi's, but when I was in there this week getting service, I spoke with another salesperson that wanted to know where I found the 06 WRB STi because they have been trying to get one, and he was cool and probably someone I could have done business with (although I'm 99% sure they would not have sold me a car for what I bought it for). I feel you pain though, and it sucks that it works out that way some times.

8. married05gt

married05gt starting over

OK guys. When you try to buy a car thier are really big walls between the salespeople and the customer. They are not all on the up and up but shit happens. I have bought TWO subys from SOG and would send my grandmother their because of how good they treated me. Thier is no other place I would buy a car, performance parts, get warrenty work done, etc. This reply is just make the point that every body is diff. and not every one will be satisfied. Thier is no company able to satisfy every person that walks in the door.

9. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

I had heard good and bad things from SOG but my exprience with them was awesome :banana: :wiggle: Neal O'Leary was really cool with me and my friend which is going to get a brand new car soon. It wasn't right @ the price I wanted but with my credit being what it is...:eek:hnoes: pretty Dam good!

10. cb7stim3

cb7stim3 Member

WTF? not to flame
    but April 2004.............

me, my dad, my sis, and my mum walk into SOG, we are greeted fine, and my dad asks, to test drive an STi, they say no

so we are like okay then how about the WRX.....no

my dad actually had intentions of buying an STi too

WTF?

then we walk, errrr drive, over to honda and buy an effing Honda Odyssey

you all deprived me, bishes

all be it, the guy was nice about it

and we might even visit again this spring for my mothers car replacement....legacy????

Last edited: Nov 12, 2005
  11. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

hmm...thats odd. they let me drive an STi when i was there, but they didn't wanna budge on the price so i went to Troncalli Subaru and gotta pretty sweet deal.

12. cb7stim3

cb7stim3 Member

well, if they didn't let us test drive it cause we pulled up in my mums corolla then sham on them

but if its because i was smiling like a mofo then shame on, noooo not on me, i was happy, yay sti

13. blink

blink Member

I went to get a new remote entry, and everyone there was great except the guy Steve. As i walked up to the service area i see him staring at me, then walk off, to return with his lunch, and gives me this eye rolling expression. I guess I disturbed his lunch, which btw i'm skipping to get this remote, on my break, which turns into two hours. The whole time this guy is getting smart with me and overall seemed to be straight up arrogant. So for service, sure would love to bring my car in, as long as I don't see Steve.

14. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

Yeah ive had that same problem with Steve. I was trying to get a job at SoG a few months ago and went by and got the application, filled it out, took the drug test and all that stuff. He was like..."Yeah i have a spot for you if you want it." So i was like cool, but i had to wait for all the background check stuff to go through. So i waited a few days and then started calling once every day or two just to check back and let them know i was still interested. And after like 2 weeks of that, he gave me some bullshit like he got my background check and had to send it back for some reason. And then he acted like it bothered him that i kept on calling. So i was like WTF??? But whatever, ive heard from a bunch of people that he is a dick!

Anyway, SoG still rules, just try to avoid Steve the service advisor!

15. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Steve has always been a good guy to me. It sucks you've had bad experiences with him.

16. Hey guys!!! Just bought my 03 WRX Sedan from SOG last Wednesday! Neal O'Leary was my salesman. I have to say he was/is the coolest salesman EVER! On top of that, hes a really nice guy too! This was my first experience at a dealership and spending this much on a car. I told him earlier today....I havent even had any buyers remorse or anything...lol. Anyways....nothing but good things to say about him and SOG!!!

17. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Yep That's my man! he hooked me up too!

18. 33gtsti

33gtsti New Member

Hey folks Its GARY from Subaru of Gwinnett. just wanted to let you ALL know I am the contact sales rep if you need ANYTHING plase call me. I have been givin special privlages as a sales rep to BOOST sales to our beloved WRX ATLANTA members. I can be reached at 678-475-3500. We are in need for WRX trade-ins BADLY! Let me know!

19. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

welcome to the boards gary... glad u chimed in on this

20. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

I can't keep it a secret anymore.......I just purchased a 2006 CGM wagon at SoG on 12/17 and I love it!!!!!. Neal O'Leary was my salesman. Mad Props to everyone at SoG for a job well done. I would definitely recommend going the extra distance, because it is well worth it!!!. I will not go to any other dealership again!!. Great Job Guys!!. I love the Silver Bullet!!!. Alex, can you please change my screen name to reflect Silver Bullet?. I will always recommend SoG!!!.

Thanks,

Mark:bowdown: :) :cool:

Last edited: Dec 24, 2005
  21. slpymnky

slpymnky Member

Congrats! Did you trade in your 04?

22. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Mark, I updated your username. Your password has not be changed.

23. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

that makes 2 06 CGM wagons on the boards now... congrats mark

24. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

i thought the other 06 wagon was a steel gray, if it isnt, i never noticed how much of a difference CGM was to PSM

25. SnarkBreeder

SnarkBreeder Member

Oh no, looks like I'm the only SRR WRX on the boards now.

26. MarkM2016GTI

Yep, my SRR Rex is now the property of SoG.....I am gonna miss Ruby a lot, but I love the shaggin wagon....LOL....I did trade it in.

Mark

27. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Congrats! Any pics of the pussy wagon yet?

--
    Brian

28. Alex

:keke:

29. FrankenSTI

FrankenSTI Member

Im actually thinking of going to SOG to get a diagnostic done on my WRX, what time does the service department close on Friday?

30. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

not sure... might wanna give them a call at 678-475-3500

31. Alex

Parts closes at 6, service is either 6 or so as well.

32. FrankenSTI

FrankenSTI Member

Would it be ok if i dropped it off after 6 on friday and leave it.

33. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i dunno what time they close their gates... if they do, there's just 2 spots right outside the gate... u might wanna call them and see what they say... ask for neil in service

34. FrankenSTI

FrankenSTI Member

Cool i will, thanx.

35. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

Gates close at 8. There is a black, square box under the service overhang marked "After Hours Service" with envelopes and a key drop. Just fill it out, sign it, and drop it in ;) We'll call you in the morning.

SS

36. FrankenSTI

FrankenSTI Member

Hell yeah, i sure appreciate the help.

37. tuan

tuan Member

i just got my 06 STI today from Gary at SOG and he was a great help. He stuck with my mom and i till the end and gave us a great deal for the car. If anyone ever decides to go up there to look at a car or interesting in buying a car ask for Gary. Tell him Tuan sent ya!

38. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

i could have sworn you said park closes at six and were referring to rides in stis...

39. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

:D I don't know what you're talking about :D

SS

40. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

In case anyone didn't already know this, the coil-overs to an 05+ STi won't fit on an 06 WRX.

Apparently the people at Subaru of Gwinnett had no idea this was the case since when I asked them to order some Tein coil-overs for my 06 WRX they decided to order a set for the 05+ STi.

Now my one and only chance to put coil-overs on this or next month is completely wasted because of a complete lack of professionalism on Subaru of Gwinnett's part.

For anyone who doesn't know I drove more than 5 hours to have these put on and today and tomorrow are the only days that this can be done. But since it takes like two to three days for anything to come in there is absolutely no chance that they could order the RIGHT SET for my car. If anyone knows of a place that stocks and can install coil-overs for the 06 WRX please let me know.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2006
  41. Turbonater

Turbonater Member

Add me to the list of VERY satisfied SOG customers. My sales experience was great (Gary Sikes treats u right), as has been svc so far, everything from basic maint. to doing my UP/DP swap -- mods which I highly recommend for any LGT, btw.

Now WTF is up with Royal Subaru in Decatur? On the way back from my gf's this morning I just happened to stop off at Royal cuz I noticed from the street they had several STI's (ok, I've been thinkin about trading my LGT for an STI, and I'm a sucker for white ones like they have out front). I parked right at the sales entrance, walked 50 yrds to the STI's, and despite the fact that 4 sales guys watched me stand out by the cars for 10 min, not one of them even stuck his head out the door to acknowledge me. And the place wasn't exactly swarming with business! Jeez, ya don't have to come talk to me, but at least wave, for god's sake.

Moral of the story: SOG doesn't treat you that way. They seem to want your business. Buy your car from them.

42. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

im not sure why that happened at royal but the people i have been dealing with are great and unless SoG will do something about what they want to give me for a trade in, im going to Royal.

43. Turbonater

Turbonater Member

Yeah...I was a little surprised myself. This was @ 11AM this morning, and I was 1 of 2 people at the dealership that I could see, excluding employees. All they really had to do was say hello. I would have been honest with the salesman and said upfront that I wasn't going to buy a car from him today, so he didn't need to waste a lot of time chatting me up.

But you are absolutly right. At the end of the day, get your car from wherever you can net out the best deal. My point is that, given my experiences at SOG so far, I will likely give them the first shot.

44. jomotopia

jomotopia Member

i bought my 04 STi at SoG, Neal O'Leary was my salesman and he was great, and he's who told me about this site. he and the sales manager and the finance person (manager?) stayed late to finish up the deal with me, it was a little after 9 i think when i finally left. i couldn't get the car detailed because it was so late but I was able to bring it back and get it detailed for free later, and even though it took me like a week and a half to bring it back for that detailing, by which time it was filthy, they still did it for free and in practically no time flat. haven't had any service done yet, but i will most likely be taking it to SoG for pretty much everything. although i am wondering, what are their prices like in comparison to other places that i could take it, for general things like oil changes, balance/rotate, aligntment, brake job, etc?

45. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

^^Neal is now in the service dept also with 7wolf cool guys:bigthumb:I got my oil changed today (mobil 1 baby!) a little oil burnoff when I got home freaked me out at first but nuthin to cry about. they sometimes have slightly higher prices BUT you will keep your warrantee in tack if you order and get it done by them meaning Scott S. and they have a good parts dept. but I have nuthin but good things to say so far.

46. Alex

jmon,

Another place to consider for alignments and the rest of your tire needs is gran turismo east; they have tv commerical floating around every now and then. Conviniently though, SOG can take care of everything for ya ;)

47. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

btw sog is close enuff then gran turismo but gran turismo have very decent pricing.. sog does sometimes.. but i love going to sog..

royal subaru dont treat me like sog does..

Last edited: Apr 13, 2006
  48. FrankenSTI

FrankenSTI Member

Yeah i had my car retuned at SOG by Scott and I couldnt be more thrilled with how it turned out. Keep up the good work guys.

49. MarkM2016GTI

I will always go to SoG to buy cars from now on...Great service from Neal and Gary. I haven't seen service like that for a long time. I will probably get tuned there also when the time comes.

Mark

50. ScoobyChick

ScoobyChick New Member

It's nice to know that Gary does such a great job.
    I will let him know to keep it up!