Step 1: New Member Quickstart Guide. Read Me First!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Alex, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I am writing this thread to help guide new members to the WRXAtlanta community on how to perform basic actions and utilize specific features on our lovely WRXAtlanta.com Forums.

Who are Alex and Milo?
    Alex is the original Founder of WRXAtlanta.com (est. 2003). He is one of two Administrators for WRXatlanta.com. All comments, questions, or concerns should be emailed or sent via private message to him. Milo is the second Administrator for WRXatlanta.com. He joined the WRXAtlanta.com community in 2004, and has become a close friend to Alex and a valuable asset to WRXatlanta.com. He has helped create the WRXAtlanta.com community that we know and love which exists today. As of 2008, Milo has retired as forum Administrator.

New Member Quickstart Guide. Read Me First!
    How Do I...?

Edit My Profile
    What is a profile? A user profile is a brief biography of a user. In a user's profile, he/she may chose to tell the public where they are from, what automobile(s) he/she drives, etc. In order to edit your user profile, select the "Settings" menu option underneath the WRXatlanta.com banner, and then select "Edit Profile".

Edit My Signature
    What is a signature? A signature is the bit of personality that you may add to each post you create. Your signature may include your mod list, a picture of your car or even a comical joke. In order to edit your signature, select the "Settings" menu option underneath the WRXatlanta.com banner, and then select "Edit Signature". Please be considerate in the size of your signature. Many users browse from home or work on slower machines with slower internet connections than you. Your 1mb+ 800x400 signature may slow down and disrupt their browsing experience. Signatures that violate this will be edited.

Edit My Avatar
    What is an avatar? An avatar is the image which appears underneath your username on each post you create. In order to edit your avatar, select the "Settings" menu option underneath the WRXAtlanta.com banner, and then select "Edit Avatar". Note, you must have 10 or more posts in order to have an avatar.

Edit My Garage
    What is the garage? The garage is the members gallery. Here, members upload photographs of their automobiles and may include a mod-list, a story, or what have you (Max, 2000 Chars). In order to edit your garage, select the "Settings" menu option underneath the WRXAtlanta.com banner, and then select "My Garage".

How Do I Reply to a Thread?
    In order to reply to a thread you first must be a registered user on the WRXAtlanta.com Forums. If you are a registered user, then at the bottom of each post in that specific thread, is a "REPLY" button. Click this button to reply. At the bottom of every thread page, there is a quick reply as well. Please be considerate in your reply, and be sure that your reply pertains to the thread. Off-topic replies distract from the main purpose of the thread and generally are not useful nor helpful to the user who originally created the thread.

How Do I Post a New Thread?
    In order to post a new thread on the WRXAtlanta.com Forums, you first must be a registered user. At the top and bottom of every thread page is a "+New Thread" button. Click this button to create a new thread. Please be aware of where you are posting your new thread on the forums. We try to keep the WRXAtlanta.com Forums relatively organized. If you post in the wrong section, and realize this, please ask a WRXAtlanta.com moderator to move your thread. Also, please search for all threads pertaining to your topic BEFORE you post a new thread. This avoids extraneous and or redundant threads and helps us reduce clutter.

What Is a Moderator?
    Moderators are the greens-keepers of the WRXAtlanta.com. They ensure that the site is properly organized and well maintained. They also are the first to act when a thread becomes out of hand. They have the power to Edit, Delete, Censor, Close or Move any thread in any section of the WRXAtlanta.com Forums.

What Is an Administrator?
    Administrators run the site and have the ultimate say in what happens. They have the power to Edit, Delete, Censor, Close or Move any thread in any section of the WRXAtlanta.com Forums. They may also Edit User Details, Change User Names, Suspend Users, and Ban Users. The WRXAtlanta.com Forum administrators are Alex and Matt (formally known as 2pt5RS.)

What does "Find My Posts" Do?
    Use this to find the most recent posts which you have made on the WRXAtlanta.com Forums.

What does "View New Posts" Do?
    Use this to find the most recent and active threads on the WRXAtlanta.com Forums.

How Do I Log-out?
    If you are using a public computer, and wish to log-out, please click the "Log-Out" link located in the navbit.

What are Private Messages (PM) and How Do I know If I Have Any?
    Considering the WRXAtlanta.com private messaging system somewhat like short mail. Users may send PMs to each other to hold private conversations or ask questions. The navbit above displays your current number of UNREAD PMs and TOTAL PMs.

No longer applicable as of 11-21-2010! What happens if I click on "Version 3", "Widescreen" or "Worksafe"
    These are different viewing styles for the WRXatlanta.com Forums. "Version 3" is the default forum style; "Widescreen" is designed for night-time browsing, using darker colors and a smoother style sheet; "Worksafe" is for those members who browse the WRXatlanta.com Forums at their Workplace (despite their denying this fact).

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2010
    Axis-X likes this.
  2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Basic Forum Tips and Misc.

First, I'd like to say congratulations on your new Subaru! Second, I'd like to lay out a few tips that all of us feel are important to every new owner.

• Always search when looking for the answer to a problem BEFORE posting
    • BOVs are not worth your money (if you must, do not exceed 50/50)
    • Intakes are fun, but not all that effective (noise maker)
    • You will see/feel gains from an axelback alone, but look into a complete exhaust solution
    • The Subaru engine is commonly called a Boxer Engine (not BOXTER) because of its horizontal layout and the fact that the pistons have a "boxing" motion.
    • Springs and Swaybars are a great foot in the door for suspension mods
    • Most importantly, learn the car, become comfortable with it. Do not just jump into the modding bandwagon until you truly feel like you know what the car needs. Many people are perfectly happy with the car is it comes straight from the factory. Others drive around for a few months and complain about body roll so they work to correct that. Even more say it isnt enough power, so they go that route. It is truly importat (to me at least) that you first work with the car and then slowly begin to feel out what you want to change. A clear, concise upgrade path will save you headaches and money in the long run!
    • Go for a drive and have fun!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2006
    Axis-X likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.