Step 2: Introduce Yourself!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by yerrow, Jun 27, 2004.

1. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

***the following was added by Alex***

Welcome, please feel free to introduce yourself. Yerrow suggested the following questions, so start it off right by answering a few of these :bigthumb:

1. Where do you live?
    2. What do you preferred to be called (not your username)?
    3. What do you drive?
    4. How modded is your ride?
    5. Where do you usually buy parts?
    6. Do you visit any other local boards?
    7. Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way?
    8. Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you?
    9. Where did you find out about WRXatlanta?

Once again, on behalf of the WRXatlanta crew, welcome to the site! Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions, concerns and or suggestions.

***end***

1-where does everyone live? Lawrenceville off of pleasant hill rd.
    2-where do you buy your parts...local shops? Mahdavi Motorsports...known the guys for a long time
    3-whatcha drive and how extensively modified are you? 2004 WRB wagon
    4- are you on any of the other local boards? IA
    5- show, go, stock and staying that way. stock now gonna be a go'er
    6- do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? try to

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2014
  2. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

1-where does everyone live? buckhead, atlanta
    2-where do you buy your parts...local shops? mostly online but i get all the work done at knowledge performance
    3-whatcha drive and how extensively modified are you? 03 black wrx... black rims...tein flex suspension... utec... blitz nur spec-r cat back exhaust
    4- are you on any of the other local boards? nasioc occassionally
    5- show, go, stock and staying that way. a little bit of both... more focus on 'go'
    6- do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? always !!!!! isn't that the 11th commandment anyway?

3. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

1. Dunwoody
    2. If I am buying parts, for whatever reason it usually is through my contacts online
    3. MY04 WRB STi, Stock + Aftermarket Sound + Colored HVAC lighting
    4. Of course, but not as much as I'd like - NASIOC, I-Club, IA (from time to time), and the STi boards
    5. Stock for the time being, but going for handling before before (ie pinks and top mounts are next on list)
    6. ALWAYS :bigthumb: I generally flash lights and then wave as we pass. Yes, it is a commandment.
      [/list=1]

4. smjkxsnoopy

smjkxsnoopy Member

1-where does everyone live? Lawrenceville/Suwanee area
    2-where do you buy your parts...local shops?Most of the time I order online.
    3-whatcha drive and how extensively modified are you? 03 PSM WRX....basic bolt ons.....eibachs, intake, exhaust, downpipe, uppipe, BOV, turbo timer, body kit, cf hood, system, etc
    4- are you on any of the other local boards? Import Atlanta, clubwrx and nasioc
    5- show, go, stock and staying that way? Both show and go
    6- do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? Yuppie doodles....

Hey Alex.... you happen to be the WRB STI that lives in dunwoody and works at I think Eckerd or CVS?? IF so, I know because my friend said he went to school with you. His names Andy Eun (Drives a GTI)....holla back

5. Alex

Nope, I'm actually the only Blue on Gold STi I know of in Dunwoody. There is that Blue on Silver one that parks there occasionally, I've left a card but never gotten a visit to the site from them. I've also seen that GTi driving around (I assume its the silver one with some body work, wheels, etc?).

6. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

hey smjkxsnoopy, i like what u've written about ur mods... got any pics?

7. smjkxsnoopy

smjkxsnoopy Member

O OK. Sorry alex. Yea its not silver GTI but its like gunmetal gray type..... And Miloman i do have pics but my car doesnt look complete yet because i have no rims yet. I am ordering some soon in about 2 weeks...

8. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

smjkxsnoopy - a couple weeks ago i had parked mine (midnight black 03) next to a silver one at regal hollywood 24... it had a body kit, exhaust, lowered but it had stock rims... nice looking car... i dont remember but i think it had a cf hood too... it was gone by the time i got back to my car after the movie so im sure the owner got a look at mine... was that wrx urs?

9. smjkxsnoopy

smjkxsnoopy Member

O yea! That was you miloman?? HAHA wat a small world. Yea that was my silver scooby......u had the wing risers right??? Thats cool man. Yea thats me. Shit man but my car kind of looks a little different. I cracked my front bumper yesterday at a parking deck. =( I need to get a new kit man. So much money down the drain. Anyway where you live? My girlfriend lives around regal 24

10. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

it sure is a small world... i feel ur pain about the body kit... i used to have a body kit on my old car... it was such a pain in the ass to drive even though i did not have it lowered... now i have my wrx lowered so i dont think i'll be able to put any kit on it without scraping the hell out of it... but whenever i see a wrx with a body kit (like urs) i feel like getting one myself

i live in buckhead... but i watch most of my movies at regal 24 cuz they have stadium seating

11. Alex

Hmm, silver one at regal...

Have you ever had a blue one pull up behind you and wave? While you were in the midst of, well, entertaining your lady?

12. Genya

Genya No Longer Up At Odd Hours

to get some convo's going on in here

1-Woodstock on Hwy 92 near trickum
    2-Varies sometimes my friend here, sometimes the net
    3- 2004 Blue/Silver STi
    Tanabe Racing Medallion Cat-Back, Airborne Motorsports Downpipe and Midpipe, Perrin Turbo Inlet, STi drop in air filter, Cobb Accessport.
    4- Heck No.
    5- Fast Daily Driver/HPDE Car
    6- yes

13. Eta1405

Eta1405 Member

1-where does everyone live? Macon
    2-where do you buy your parts...local shops? I just got the Scoob so where are some good shops?
    3-whatcha drive and how extensively modified are you? 2004 WRX and it's stock. Used to have a 2000 Civic Si with I/H/E and some suspension work.
    4- are you on any of the other local boards? Not local but I've been on ClubSi for a long time.
    5- show, go, stock and staying that way. Only had the car for 5 days now. But this stock thing won't last long.
    6- do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? I guess I'll try that.

14. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

yo Eta1405... if u want performance work done on ur car, then u cant go wrong with knowledge performance... i got my car tuned and suspension work done by them and im real happy with it... they specialize in wrx's ans sti's so they know what they r doing.

www.knowledgeperformance.net

15. jeb

jeb Member

1-Atlanta, Tech Campus
    2-don't have any yet:(
    3-2002 Sedan
    4-nope
    5-stock, mostly go
    6-yep

16. fez

fez The Arabian Sensation

hrm

1-sandysprings right off of riverside, near the riverside-johnsons ferry intersection

2-meh, i dont buy parts for my car...

3-2004 wrb wrx sedan, not much on it

4-no

5-a little not so stock but mostly stock and gonna stay that way mostly

6-yeah.

17. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

1. Peachtree City or Georgia Tech
    2. Bobby
    3. 02 WRX Aspen White Wagon
    4. Stage 4. APS stuff with a Protorque high-stall torque converter and VF29 turbo
    5. I've bought from JSCSpeed before and got my gauges at Allspeed down in PTC (dont ever buy there . . .). Previous owner got it all installed at Cobb Tuning in Texas and tuned by Trey Cobb.
    6. Not really
    7. Mainly go, with a little show planned (STi scoop, new grill, fog light covers and some lower springs), audio stuff too sometime soon.
    8. Depends. Mostly yes unless it is a soccer mom or something.

18. switchdrummer

switchdrummer New Member

Where do you live? Stockbridge

What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? Kevin

What do you drive? 2002 WRX sedan

How modded is your ride? exhaust, k&n, wheels, tint

Where do you usually by parts? Doesn't matter

Do you visit any other local boards? IA

Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? More go than show

Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? Maybe

Well that's it for now........hope to see you guys around!

19. Alex

Hope to see you out this thursday!

20. switchdrummer

switchdrummer New Member

Wish I could...I have practice. Where is the meet at???

21. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

22. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

1. Duluth 30097
    2. Chang or Jangwon if there is korean here
    3. 2004 WRX sedan
    4. Stromung Catback, Air Silencer Removal, Tint
    5. Whever cheapest
    6. Nasioc
    7. GO GO GO. Planning to get UP, DP, & AP once engine gets completely broken in
    8. Try to..

23. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

1. Where do you live?: Loganville
    2. What do you preferred to be called (not your username): Scott
    3. What do you drive?: 04 Aspen White
    WRX
    4. How modded is your ride?: None, Brand new, bought today 8-18-04
    5. Where do you usually by parts?: Havne't yet
    6. Do you visit any other local boards?
    7. Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? Stock, but some Go in the future
    8. Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? If teh drivers look friendly.

Just thought I would go ahead and post on here. Bought my scooby at Subaru of Gwinnett. I currently work in Cobb County. See everyone around!

24. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

Hello

my name is Alex also, im good friends with Alex(the founder) and uh, here is my answer to 1-8

1. i live in Atlanta

2. I would like to be called Alex but that would just get confusing so just call me Aton(my last name) or maybe Alex^2.

3. I drive a 1986 Jaguar Vanden Plas that will soon be replaced by a black or titanium 2004 RX-8. I also have a 1963 Cadillac Hearse with flames painted on the front. its funny that my new car, which is a sports car, will get the best mpg than my other two cars.

4. Um, the jag has a nice system in it and the hearse has a new paint job and thats about it.

5. I generally buy parts for my cars from Advance Auto Parts because i've only purchased OEM parts to fix problems with my cars.

6. I read a couple of boards but dont really ever post on them.

7. Jag - Stock and staying that way
    Cadillac - other than paint its stock but i plan on some heavy modifications to the interior once i get my lazy ass a job, im planning on turning it into a limo.
    RX-8 - it will stay stock for a bit until i can afford mods, engine mods will come when warranty is up so it will be pretty much bolt-ons till then

8. I dont usually wave to WRX's because i dont own one but i always enjoy seeing them since two of my friends have one(Fez and Alex)

25. waterbrat

waterbrat New Member

new STI

Hi my name is Peter I have a new STI Blk/S in Dunwoody. I have it just 3 weeks and have over 1300 miles on the car. That will should tell you that I love this car. I have driven many fast cars over the years and the STI is in the top five cars. The Porsche turbo is my favorite,

1.) I live in Dunwoody Atl

2.) Peter is fine

3.) I drive a 05 STI: 98 and 01 Land Rover and a highly Mod 04 electric lime Green Jeep unlimited. (Some of you might have seen it). I am planning to get a evo soon. (Cars are my hobby.)

4.) No mods yet, but give me time.

5.) I am looking for a tuner shop...can anyone recommend one? I am going over to boost solutions to check them out.

6.) I visit a bunch of boards, but my favorite one is Imprezawrxsti.com

7.) plan to mod my sti first to go faster and then show. i love going fast

8.) I wave to all subies..some wave back some don't ...I have seen only 4 STI so far. If you see me wave, I am friendly.

26. Alex

I live up in Dunwoody as well, I'm sure if you've seen a blue on gold sti scooting around its me -- I've tried waving now and then to ya.

27. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

knowledge performance and airborne motorsports are 2 places u might wanna check out

28. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Sup everybody!!

1. Where do I live? Roswell, GA
    2. What do I perferred to be called? Everybody calls me Mikey!
    3. What do I drive? 02' Black Subaru WRX
    4. How modded is my car?
    HKS Super Mega Flow Intake
    GFB Stealth Hybrid Blow-Off valve
    Auto Meter Boost Gauge
    Colored HVAC
    Aftermaket headunit
    1 (10 inch) Polk Momo Sub In a Custom built box
    Now later this month is a different story, I bought Helix uppipe with flex, Helix downpipe, Stumung dual tip cat-back exhaust, Sti intercooler from a buddy of mine, samco intercooler hoses, Sti hood scoop. I can't wait to have it all put on!!!
    5. Online mostly, but now Classic has parts I donno?
    6. Nasioc sometimes, too many people
    7. STOCK!!! For those you that know, we call this a " Sleeper"
    8. Hell yeah!! I wave and flash my lights.

29. plucky

plucky Member

I didnt do this so I guess its a good time to...

1. Buckhead baby!!!!
    2. Plucky or Plux...nm
    3. CGM 05 STi, previous car MBP 02 WRX
    4. stock atm, planning to do springs and stage 2 w/ engine management. Got my downpipe and blitz catback here already from my 02 WRX. Just waiting to see what Cobb brings out for the 05.
    5. I buy parts from wherever is giving a good deal at that time, all vendors from subie boards.
    6. Nasioc, imprezawrxsti, I-club, clubwrx (I check the region sections but nothing never goes in them except for nasioc sometimes) once in awhile if i feel bored importlounge
    7. A little show, mostly go. Just curbed my front right rim a little :mad: now i gotta get it fixed
    8. Hell yeah when I see em, sometimes I see them as they pass right behind me and I dont get the time to, but I wave back at all waving at me.

30. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

where in buckhead do you live? i live off 26th street

31. plucky

plucky Member

I live right off the intersection of Buford hwy and N. Druid Hills, its called The Buckhead Place

32. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

wonder if ive seen you around... what color is urs?

33. plucky

plucky Member

Its crystal gray
    I've seen a few WRXs and STis mostly WRXs on north druid hills...

34. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

i think i saw you about a month and a half ago driving southbound on 85 right off of north druid hills. it was a thursday night about 9ish, me and a friend were going to meet Alex at his dorm after the north point meet.

35. plucky

plucky Member

Might have being me, I just got my STi like second to last week last month.

36. K-groove

K-groove New Member

1. Where do you live? Hiram
    2. What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? Barry
    3. What do you drive? White 2004 Wrx
    4. How modded is your ride? TBE, Upipe, and Cobb AP
    5. Where do you usually by parts? Airborne and Gruppe-S
    6. Do you visit any other local boards? Driftmechaniks
    7. Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? Go
    8. Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? All the time.

37. GTscoob

K-Groove, were you parked with the Drift Mechaniks at Nopi?

38. K-groove

K-groove New Member

Nope, I left my car at home and rode in with the black S14.

39. GTscoob

I think I saw the S14. There were some nice cars in that group.

40. sped

sped New Member

1. in cumming (north of the atl on lake lanier)
    2. Dane
    3. blue 02 rex
    4. just a boost guage now ....but greddy evo is in the mail.
    5. anywhere its cheap! (im on a super tight bugget)
    6. clubwrx.com and jdmuniverse.com
    7. mostly Go
    8. if i miss one.....i will hunt u down to wave......:bigthumb:

41. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

awesome... welcome to the club... hopefully u can make it to andretti this evening

42. sped

sped New Member

thanks!, i cant wait to meet some of u guys at the meets

43. Meredith

Meredith Banned

1. smyrna, ga
    2. mere or meredith
    3. silver 04 wrx
    4. nothing sofar, hopefully soon
    5. i've heard airborne is the place to go
    6. sometimes i-club
    7. stock
    8. most of the time

just wanted to give a shout out to all the techies. i just escaped.. i mean graduated in december.

44. Alex

Welcome Mere!

I'm out in Cobb sometimes, more in the Vinnings area, I'll let you know the next time I'm up there we can get a cup of coffee or such talk Subaru, club or just about anything else. Either that or hope to see you at the next meet :cool:

As always, feel free to email me with your questions, comments and or concerns.

45. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

1. Where do you live? Smyrna

2. What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? Clay

3. What do you drive? 2003 Black WRX

4. How modded is your ride? Not as much as I'd like it to be...working on PPP3. Right now: Steel Gray SDRs, Eibach Pro-Kit

5. Where do you usually by parts? Suby Dude, SoG

6. Do you visit any other local boards? Nasioc

7. Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? Fairly stock, but going for the "Go"

8. Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? Always!

I've been meaning to get over here and check it out. I'm mostly on Nasioc...big reader, infrequent poster...but, having our own Atlanta thing is pretty cool! I'm sure I've met some of you at past meets, and I look forward to meeting others!

Later. :D
    - Clay

46. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

47. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

New to ATL

1 Where do you live? Dunwoody
    2 What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? Jay
    3 What do you drive? 05 WRX
    4 How modded is your ride? Basic Mods, car is brand new
    5 Where do you usually by parts? Internet Rallyperformance.com
    6 Do you visit any other local boards?no
    7 Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way?Stock now, Show and Go in future
    8 Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? always
    9 Where did you find out about WRXatlanta?I-Club

48. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

New to ATL

1 Where do you live? Dunwoody
    2 What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? Jay
    3 What do you drive? 05 WRX
    4 How modded is your ride? Basic Mods, car is brand new
    5 Where do you usually by parts? Internet Rallyperformance.com
    6 Do you visit any other local boards?no
    7 Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way?Stock now, Show and Go in future
    8 Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? always
    9 Where did you find out about WRXatlanta?I-Club

I just recently moved to ATL and am looking to meet some people with the same interest as me, figured this would be the best place to start.

49. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

u've chosen the right place... welcome to wrxatlanta... our next big meet is going to be the dyno day at knowledge performance... come by and meet some of us :)

50. Alex

Welcome, welcome!

As always, if you have any questions, comments or concerns please do not hesitate to email me :bigthumb: