Step 2: Introduce Yourself!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by yerrow, Jun 27, 2004.

1. mattswrx

mattswrx New Member

Hi everyone. I'm matt from athens. just wanted to say hey. Im new to the forum.

2. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

welcome to the boards!

3. UA_wrx

UA_wrx New Member

Hi I've been on the board for a while but this is my first post. My name is Adam and I have a White '02 WRX with APS up/ Invidia Dp and HKS Hipower Catback. I live in Tuscaloosa, AL so I'm a ways away but I did make it out to one of the install days last summer at Milo's just havn't been able to get back overthere since.

4. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

welcome guys

damn adam... first post in almost a year... :D
    welcome back

5. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

welcome to the site fellas! make your second post before your second year is up huh.

6. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

For all of you new members, be sure to buy yourself a WRXatlanta.com shirt! Check my signature for details :D

7. Sylver

Sylver Member

1. Where do you live? Technically Atlanta, just off Peachtree Industrial
    2. What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? Sylver!
    3. What do you drive? '05 Baja Turbo
    4. How modded is your ride? Nothing currently, though I will be getting an uppipe within the next week or so.
    5. Where do you usually by parts? Subaru of Gwinnett, also where I bought Luna (the Baja).
    6. Do you visit any other local boards? Don't know of any others currently, was just recommended to this one today.
    7. Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? Soon-to-be Go, with hopefully a good bit of Show along the way.
    8. Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? Occasionally.
    9. Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? From the Service guy at Subaru of Gwinnett, though I can't remember his name to save my life.

Now that that's out of the way...hello! I just heard of this place earlier today, and it seems like just what I've been looking for! I've been interested in car-mods ever since I knew they existed, though I've never really known the people (or the community) well enough to take it beyond just a simple interest.

I've had my Baja for about 2 years now, and while she's a great car/truck-thing, there's always room for improvement. The forum here seems like a great source of knowledge but I have to admit - it's all very intimidating. I know practically nothing on the technical side of things, though I'm very curious and can't wait to shed my noobishness.

So...hi! Can't wait to get to know you people (and my Subaru) a bit better!

8. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

yeah, our first Baja!!!!! Welcome

9. Sylver

Sylver Member

I'm the first Baja, seriously?! :eek3:

10. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

yeah, pretty sure...could be wrong...I've never seen a member in person who has one... congrads

11. Sylver

Sylver Member

Thanks! I've had her for two years now, almost to the day, and she drives like a dream. Well, almost. Her Turbo started making a strange whining/screeching noise recently and when I took her into the dealership they informed me that the whole unit needed to be replaced. Thankfully it's still under warranty, so won't cost me anything. I'm excited, though, since they were all-too-excited to inform me that since they were already going to be under the hood and in the area that they could do something with my uppipe free of labor costs. I'm still not sure exactly what that is or what it'll do (other than the "noticable" hp boost) but I'm heading back in tomorrow morning to talk with the shop guy to get more details.

Will be my first mod. Yay for a non-stock Baja soon. *grins* I can't wait.

12. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

maybe gut the up-pipe or upgrade with no additional labor costs?...SOG rocks!!!

13. Sylver

Sylver Member

It's definately an upgrade, since he mentioned that the mechanic just happened to have something from '04 handy that would fit perfectly and give a very noticable performance upgrade - and be cheaper/faster than ordering a new part from Subaru.

All told, he said it'll only cost me $150-$250, since most of the work and parts are included in the warranty replacement of the defunct turbo unit. *grins*

14. suby113

suby113 Member

hey welcome dude! now that your the first suby baja You can set the standard for the future baja owners that join our club!:wavey:

15. Sylver

Sylver Member

Chick, but thanks! *grins* With your help (as I'm still new to non-stock stuff) I hope to set a standard worth working for!

16. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

welcome to the forum.

Great to see that you're getting the turbo replaced!!

(oh and sounds like a little hook-up on the up-pipe)

17. Sylver

Sylver Member

Yeah, he (Bob, the guy from SoG) actually convinced me to get the downpipe as well (he had a spare that would fit - go figure) for pretty cheap, so I'm getting: a new Turbo, up-pipe and down-pipe for $400 total.

I wasn't intending to spend that much money on her this week, but I couldn't turn down the whole free labor deal. *grins* I can't wait to get her back on Thurs/Fri!

18. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

yeah that's how they get ya hooked :p ...I'm sure you'll love your new found hp!!!

19. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Welcome!! evedently you live right around the corner or close to me cause I live on p'tree corners off p'tree indst. and like 1ll-wrx said You are the first baja!!

20. Sylver

Sylver Member

I'm sure I'll love the hp, I've always been a sucker for fast cars. This is only the second one I've ever owned, and she blows my first car ('78 Camaro) out of the water. Getting her back and driving her again has been just about all I could think about this weekend, I hope work preoccupies my mind a bit tomorrow so I don't go insane waiting...

And yes, I think I do live just around the corner from there. I'm not sure exactly which road p'tree corners is as I don't pay too much attention to road names, but I think I drive on it regularly - it sounds awfully familiar. I swear, the only thing I'm worse at remembering than street names is peoples' names. ><

21. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

welcome...hope the new power gets you hooked on modding it like it has to the rest of us :)

22. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

Welcome to WRXatlanta :)
    as people have mentioned, u are probably the first baja on this board... im glad you are interested in mods since i am quite interested in seeing what the baja is capable of...

dont be intimidated... this is probably one of the friendliest and most helpful boards u will be able to find... if u want to hang out and watch a bunch of subarus being worked on, make it out to our install day coming up in july (link in my signature)... that should take care of the mechanical intimidation and u will get to meet some of the members

i would also encourage you to make it out to the warehouse meet... once again, link in my signature

23. Sylver

Sylver Member

Since I got the good news that Luna will be ready on Thursday or Friday, I have actually been looking forward to the caravan and warehouse meet on the 24th.

I wouldn't have anything to install myself if I did come out to the event in July, but if no one would mind me being there and most likely asking a zillion questions, I'll definately try to be there.

24. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

That's part of what Install Days are all about!!

25. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

that and me being drunk :D

too bad im far away this time :wtc:

26. Sylver

Sylver Member

Hmm, seems like I'll have to show up then...:sx:

27. wrxin8or

hes not kidding...:rofl:

28. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

hahahaha! So true.

Bob's the man, trust anything he ever tells you to do with your car.

29. bbb

bbb New Member

New post from nubie with Subie and I love it...
    Not yet 6000K

Go by Bill, Live in Hall County drive Black 2006 STI
    No mods yet, not planning on much, maybe down pipe and good update to software and tune. Scott Seigel makes claims good HP gain and all important torque improvement.
    Orignal ride in stock WRX in England in 2001 and from minute STI hit market been waiting to purchase. Grew up driving hot rod 60's Camaro's Big Block Chevelle's and this is my mid-life crisis car. Did I mention I LOVE IT.
    Very well balanced ride, performance, handling and braking, as well as in your face styling.
    Always wave at other WRX owners, work in Buckhead a few days week and fairly rare to see another STI on the road.
    Found your website just surfing, I build highly secure computer systems for internet commerce so I love technology and this car is high tech.

Did I mention I love it....

30. jt money

welcome to the boards Bill.
    ill be sure to hold it down for ya!;)

31. Alex

Welcome

32. sschmenk

sschmenk New Member

1. Where do you live?
      McDonough, GA
    2. What do you preferred to be called (not your username)?
      Derrick
    3. What do you drive?
      2005 Suby STI
    4. How modded is your ride?
      Level 1 - CAI, Exhaust, and Stereo.
    5. Where do you usually by parts?
      Internet, Ebay, SOG, and TopSpeed.
    6. Do you visit any other local boards?
      Nope - Myspace STI club.
    7. Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way?
      Go, then maybe show.
    8. Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you?
      Wave and honk the horn, got to stick together.
    9. Where did you find out about WRXatlanta?
      Scott Siegel - SOG Performance Engineer.

33. jt money

welcome to the board Derrick.

34. wrxin8or

welcome to the boards

35. 8urvtec

8urvtec Member

Where do you live? oxford, ms (in about a month)
    What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? trevor
    What do you drive? 02 wrx
    How modded is your ride? fairly
    Where do you usually by parts? i'm a wholesale dealer, so from myself lol
    Do you visit any other local boards? memphisracingscene.com
    Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? little show and a little go
    Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? of couse
    Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? i accidently parked next to their tent at the 05 nopi nationals

36. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

welcome to the new guys :)

37. summerandjoe

summerandjoe New Member

Where do you live?
    Kansas
    What do you preferred to be called (not your username)?
    Joe
    What do you drive?
    MBP Bugeye
    How modded is your ride?
    Comfortably
    Where do you usually buy parts?
    Here, there, everywhere!
    Do you visit any other local boards?
    Local to Atlanta? No. Local to MO-KAN? Yes.
    Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way?
    About 98% go, 2% show.
    Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you?
    Just about anything with the Pleiades!
    Where did you find out about WRXatlanta?
    Few members signed up on kcsubaru.com. A newer member (dlowman) just moved to KS from Atlanta.

Hello to all the Atlanta Subaru family!

38. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

awesome..looks like we are branching out!! welcome welcome!! any plans on a road trip to Atlanta

39. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

welcome KC guys!!!

40. STIGotU

STIGotU New Member

HI newbie here my name is Hugh Hudson and the rest is right here
    Where do you live? Diamondhead: Mississippi
    What do you preferred to be called:Hugh
    What do you drive:2004 wrx sti
    How modded is your ride: umm 65%
    Where do you usually by parts: ebay and forums
    Do you visit any other local boards: yes nasioc.com
    Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way: no show all go
    Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? I hit the high beams :)
    Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? emstraumajunke Ivan Lockert gulfport Mississippi

41. summerandjoe

summerandjoe New Member

nothing is in the works right now, but guys at kcsubaru are always cooking up something. your avatar is the most entertaining thing i've seen today.:bowdown:

42. Alex

Welcome everyone!

43. ChillWill

ChillWill New Member

So I've been lurking on these forums for a while now, even before i bought a WRX. One of the things that drew me to the WRX was the camraderie and sense of community that WRX owners have. I just recently bought one and have been really enjoying it. So to answer a few questions...

1. Where do you live?
    I live in the East Atlanta area

2. What do you preferred to be called (not your username)?
    Will is fine.

3. What do you drive?
    2006 Silver WRX Sedan

4. How modded is your ride?
    Straight stock but the urge to mod has been growing...

5. Where do you usually by parts?
    Nowhere right now.

6. Do you visit any other local boards?
    There are other local boards?

7. Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way?
    Haven't decided yet.

8. Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you?
    I would if I ever saw one. Used to see them all the time before I got mine but now you guys are hiding.

9. Where did you find out about WRXatlanta?
    From my good friend and former roommate Blink.

Met a few of you at Fellini's last night. Nice to put some faces with names. Hope to see you guys around.

44. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Welcome to the site....

Mark

45. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

1- Where do you live? Lawrenceville near Grayson hwy and Simonton
    2- What do you preferred to be called (not your username)?Justin
    3- What do you drive? 2005 WRX STi silver
    4- How modded is your ride? TBD
    5- Where do you usually buy parts? normally online, but I'm always looking for something local.
    6- Do you visit any other local boards? no
    7- Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? currently stock, go...show only if it's a byproduct of the GO..... and audio goodies of course
    8- Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? try to whenever I see one.
    9- Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? The guy I bought the car from.

What's happening WRXATL ?

46. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

welcome all...

47. wrxin8or

wow lots of new people joining up!

welcome to all the new peeps, hope to see you at a meet sometime

48. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

welcome to all the new folk :wavey:

hope your stay on WRXatlanta is enjoyable and permanent... feel free to contact me if you have any questions, comments or concerns

49. techlord

techlord Active Member

At this rate the 1000 member party is just around the block. Welcome All!!!

50. hyoung

hyoung New Member

1. I live in Hinesville GA. 2. I preferred to be called Red 3. I drive a 05 WRB STI(if you are arond this area i am the one with the carbon fiber hood with the hole in it) 4.yea it is modded 5. built and tuned by top speed 6. i have been to savanah a couple of times but plan on going more in the future 7. it is a "go" car 8. i always wave at wrx's and sti's 9. the wrxatlanta sticker was on my car when i bought my car.

so their you have it