Step 2: Introduce Yourself!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by yerrow, Jun 27, 2004.

1. Vektra

Vektra Member

Where do you live? Phenix City, AL/Columbus GA

What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? Andy

What do you drive? 02 WRX wagon

How modded is your ride? sedan rear sway is it right now

Where do you usually by parts? Internet/e-bay/forums

Do you visit any other local boards? sometimes Import Lounge

Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? Go

Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? Most of the time, so far no waves back :(

Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? Clubwrx.net I think

2. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

3. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Yay more wagon fun!!

Welcome to the club!

4. Vektra

Vektra Member

That would be fun but im going to be out of town that weekend :( but I really want to come to a g2g sometime. Thanks.

5. cleansupgood1

cleansupgood1 New Member

Where do you live? Atlanta (Buckhead/Sandy Springs)

What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? Matt

What do you drive? 05 STi, blue on gold, also a 66 GTO

How modded is your ride? bone stock

Where do you usually by parts? Internet/forums

Do you visit any other local boards? Used to belong to Club3G before I got rid of my 03 Eclipse

Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? Stock for now.

Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? Yup. I'm a dork.

Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? Saw it on i-club.

6. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

welcome to wrxatlanta... you just missed our dyno day at knowledge performance... hopefully u will be able to make it to our future meets and meet some of us

by the way, where in buckhead do u live? i live off 26th street

7. cleansupgood1

cleansupgood1 New Member

There'll be other days before the Navy ships me out of here. Will ya'll be at the Subaru Challenge this weekend in Gwinnett?

When I say I live in Buckhead, I mean, I live in the dirty, bawdy little stretch of Roswell Road between Sandy Springs and Buckhead. I'm at the Stonebridge Apartments at the Perimeter on Roswell, right across from the gigantic purple neon sex toy shop. Can't miss it. Mom's so proud.

8. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i know at least 4 of us are going to be at the subaru challenge (2 blue stis,1 white 04 wrx and my black 03 wrx)... most of us have wrxatlanta decals on our cars... heres pics of my car

http://www.wrxatlanta.com/bb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=348

stop by if u see me and say wassup... im gonna switch the rims out for racing though... what class r u in? ill be running SM and getting my ass kicked :D

9. cleansupgood1

cleansupgood1 New Member

I have no idea what class I'd be in. I never got a chance to run my 3G before it's tranny crapped out. As is the STi is bone stock. I'll call and find out.

10. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

should be a-stock

11. cleansupgood1

cleansupgood1 New Member

Well, it's a moot point. I tried to register, but they've got over the 125 car limit, so online registration is closed. I'l probably still swing by and say hey, but I hate going to races and not actually driving.

12. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

They have the capacity to hold up to 140 cars for the event. They will be allowing walk-ins until they reach that limit, so stop by early and you just might be able to register!! Whats your rate? I was a Corpsman for four years, good times, mostly.... :p

For everyone that is going to run the event, would you guys like to try to meet up and paddock next to each other? I always feel better when my stuff is not sitting off by itself. I live about 10 minutes from the fairgrounds, so I can get there early and try to stake out a nice spot...

13. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i plan to get there early too... plus i definitely wanna paddock together... i recognise ur car and im sure u'll recognise mine... you can call me when u get there... 404-247-2170

14. BelvnAWD

Sounds good, which wheels will you have on again? I know you said the black and chrome are your street wheels, which ones do you autocross with?

15. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

stockers... with victoracers

16. cleansupgood1

cleansupgood1 New Member

Belvn, I'm an Ensign. I'm attached to Navy Recruiting District Atlanta, Officer Programs. I'll head out for Nuke School in Charleston, SC in January.

I'll be there early, ya'll. Cell is 706.577.5543

17. BelvnAWD

OOOOOhhh, nuke school, where rumor has it, they teach you how to kil yourself in the proper manner....:eek:

Cool, sir, see ya out there!:cool:

18. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

1) dunwoody/ sandy springs
    2) Chris
    3) new 03' Sonic Wrx sedan
    4) not...K & N, 17'enkei ef1's....Helix up and Cobb TBE coming very soon!
    5) online
    6) NASIOC / I-CLUB
    7) stock now.. Fast with a little show coming..
    8) allways!
    9) NASIOC i think..

Everyone... purchasing the uppipe/TBE very soon... need to get it all installed. Heard Knowledge was good. Need suggestions!

19. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

welcome chris... im waiting for my helix downpipe to come in... once it comes in, its going on with a vishnu up pipe at knowledge... ive had some work done at knowledge (primarily UTEC tuning) and i have been happy with their work... maybe if our parts come in at the same time, we could go on the same day

20. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Chris, I think I've seen you a handful of times in the Dunwoody area. I usually try to wave or flash but have yet to get a response from you :)

Good to see you, hopefully see you out at the next meet.

21. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

miloman...it's going to be december before I can even order my parts(selling back vacation time and working ot thru xmas to get the cash), not to mention I've heard COBB takes forever to send parts...but i'd defenetily like to go w/you. Where is knowledge and do you have their #? Will they install aftermarket exhausts? I'm wondering due to legality issues...(removing cats....)

Alex, must have missed u man, I usually beep or flash the brights when I see any wrx(my girl thinks I'm a real dork).

22. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

knowledge is located in kennesaw ( http://www.knowledgeperformance.net/directions.htm )

they do a lot of work on subarus... with my up/dp im gonna drop all the stock cats and add 1 high flow cat... they have done a lot of catless installs too... also kevin is an awesome UTEC tuner

my downpipe is on back order with gruppe-s... they said thier new shipment has been in customs all last week and will be in tomorrow or wednesday... it should arrive in atlanta early next week if all goes well... if so, i'll be headed up there to get it installed sometime next week... i'll keep u posted on details if u wanna come by and check out the shop

23. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

Where do you live? Atl

What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? Jason

What do you drive? 02 2.5 rs

How modded is your ride? ummm...stock...yeah thats it...

Where do you usually by parts? online/dealership

Do you visit any other local boards? Nasioc, i-club,clubwrx

Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? Go

Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? Yeah

Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? nasioc and milo

24. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

glad u made it here jason... u going to autocross on the 14th?

25. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

1 - Norcross

2 - Craig

3 - 02 SRP WRX Sedan

4 - 18" P1's, painted sideskirts, carbon fiber side markers, Eibach Kit

5 - Whoever has them cheapest

6 - Import Atlanta sometimes

7 - Show for now, but only want to get Go from now on

8 - All the time, unless I've tried unsuccessfully to wave at them before

9 - Import Atlanta

26. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Well hello! Welcome to the club man.

27. Moe Torq

Moe Torq New Member

Hi folks, I'm new to this board and WRX boards in general. I traded up my stock 2002 WRX to the 05 STi. I commute from the eastside of Atlanta to Norcross for work. Hope to meet up with some other drivers soon. If you live on the eastside, Conyers, Covington area let me know. C'ya around and keep it safe.

28. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

29. trueblue

trueblue New Member

1. Where do you live? Woodstck
    2. What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? anything, but late for dinner
    3. What do you drive? 04 blue sti
    4. How modded is your ride? stock
    5. Where do you usually by parts? not an issue (yet)
    6. Do you visit any other local boards? imprezawrxsti.com
    7. Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? stock (4 now)
    8. Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? of course
    9. Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? can't remember at the moment, probably google search

30. Alex

Welcome Blue,

As always, if you have any questions, coments or concerns please contact me. If nothing else, enjoy your stay and hope to see you out at the next g2g!

31. ajw2722

ajw2722 New Member

1. Where do you live? Flowery Branch; Work in Norcross
    2. What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? Doesn't really matter
    3. What do you drive? 03 Black WRX
    4. How modded is your ride? Stage 2 I guess
    5. Where do you usually by parts? Internet Companies & Forum Members
    6. Do you visit any other local boards? WRXFanatics & NASIOC
    7. Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? GOOOOO!!!
    8. Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? YES - I love the mutual respect (same as motocycle riders)
    9. Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? NASIOC, I was trying to find WRX owners not in the NORTH!

I traded up from FWD HELL - 1995 Eclipse then 1995 Integra

I am always looking for WRX owners in my general area who love to talk about future hopes and past accomplishments!

I race @ Commerce and can't believe I haven't seen you guys up there at all!!! Keep me in the loop on planned events!

32. Alex

Welcome AJ to WRXatlanta, your home for the Atlanta WRX scene :) :bigthumb:

Hope to see you out at the next meet!

33. ajw2722

ajw2722 New Member

Thanks Alex.

Are there any more meets scheduled this year anywhere? I know Commerce won't be opening again till March '05!

34. Alex

As of current, not yet, but just keep your eyes open. If Milo and I go out we usually post something about it and invite anyone who's avail to drop by, case in point being

Movies
    Food
    Karting
    Bowling

Just for some examples. I know a handful full of us, myself included, have some strenuous school coming up before we're out for christmas, until then what I know of are a few install parties and the drift/autox event at Turner on 12/4. Just browse through the G2G board from time to time to find out whats going on and whats up. I know as our consideration, we try to give people 2 weeks notice on meets so the most amount of people can find out and attend, etc.

Also, next time you bump into me, remind me to give you some cards and a decal or two.

G'day mate, cheers.
    :bigthumb:

35. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

YES MilO! Black Knight #3
    I'm telling you we're taking over!

Welcome to the club man, hope to see you at some of the meets.

36. GTscoob

damn it more black knights . . .

And all I want is just another active wagon owner . . .

37. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Aww bobby its okay, don't be sad. Milo and I have been waiting for another black beauty. It's the only way to go. Jk, white would be the only other color I would get if there was no black. We only have 2 black ones. couple whites. tons of blues. and I'm not sure about the others.

38. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

39. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

I think I'm still the only red dragon :cool:

40. GTscoob

You might as well wait for a fourth to have the four horsemen of the apocalypse.

Are you the three musketeers? Perhaps the three stooges :D

41. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

:mad: Aww don't make me break out the shaggin wagon jokes!:p Your just mad darth vaders a takin over.......

42. GTscoob

Haha. Bring it on Vader!!

43. 05WRXSTI

05WRXSTI Member

Brian here and I live in Gainesville. I work in a family business. My hobbies are building and racing offshore powerboats - www.jokerpowerboats.com I love my new 05 WRX / STI and I am still amazed at the power / pull / handling and sheer drivability. We should all get together soon gang - Brian

44. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

welcome to wrxatlanta brian... most of us have finals next week so not much has been planned officially for the near future... then im going to be travelling for about a month and will be back around the 9th of january... will definitely plan something soon after...

im going to be checking out the autoX/drifting event at turner field on saturday (12/4)... details at http://www.wrxatlanta.com/bb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=412

i plan on showing up and hanging out for a couple of hours

also the next big event being planned is siegel racing school... details at http://www.wrxatlanta.com/bb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=436

that pretty much covers whats planned for the near future... keep checking the g2g forum for new plans

45. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

well brian, Welcome Welcome. :bigthumb:

46. ajw2722

ajw2722 New Member

Welcome Brian from G'ville. My parents live there and I love down in Flowery Branch. Maybe we can get together, but if not see ya around.

47. 05WRXSTI

05WRXSTI Member

I'd go to Turner Field but my car is at Troncalli. Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome and I'm sure we'll all meet up sometime - Brian

48. slysti

slysti New Member

Where do you live? I live in Snellville off hwy 78

What do you preferred to be called (not your username)?
    sly1
    What do you drive?05 Blue Sti

How modded is your ride?
    AEM cold air intake, HKS catless downpipe, HKS turboback exhaust, ECUTEK reflash
    Where do you usually by parts? NOPI

Do you visit any other local boards?
    nope
    Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way?
    A little bit of everything
    Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you?
    I usually flash my headlights...
    Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? Miloman

49. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

hey sam... glad u made it up here... hope to see u at some of the future meets

50. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

yeah man glad you could make it