Step 2: Introduce Yourself!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by yerrow, Jun 27, 2004.

1. mexicaninjaSTi

mexicaninjaSTi New Member

Where do you live? Snellville (Hwy 124 and Hwy 78)

What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? Oscar

What do you drive? 04 WR Blue Pearl STi

How modded is your ride? Injen CAI, HKS Hipower Catback, HKS BOV, Perrin Downpipe, Kartboy Short Shifter, Accessport (SOON!)

Where do you usually by parts? Internet and WAS "Boost Solutions"

Do you visit any other local boards?NASIOC.com, WRXfanatics.com, CLUBWRX.net, IMPREZAWRXSTI.com

Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? GOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Do you wave to other wrx's when you see them coming towards you? HELL YEAH its a brotherhood!!!!!!!

Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? someone left me a card on my car a long time ago in Dunwoody.

Attached Files:

2. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

so the cards do work :)
    welcome to the boards

3. 05WRXSTI

05WRXSTI Member

Here's a pic of my car. Brian

Last edited: Jan 21, 2008
  4. 05WRXSTI

05WRXSTI Member

One more - Brian

Last edited: Jan 21, 2008
  5. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Sweet....if only I'd had another 6k when I went to get my wrx...:crying:

6. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Hey, you've got sonic yellow!! dont cry.

7. 05WRXSTI

05WRXSTI Member

Hey when I walked in I had 0 money - haha. 0 down 2.9% interest. Test drive , sign here and out the door in 45 minutes - Brian

8. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Dunwoody card woulda been me. Welcome to the site mate, glad to see you signed up and hope to see you out at the next meet. Of course, if you need anything or have any questions comments or concerns do not hesistate to ask or email myself.

9. mexicaninjaSTi

mexicaninjaSTi New Member

THANKS alot for the card!!!!!!!
    if i ever have any questions ill let you guys know!!!!
    JUST LET US KNOW THE NEXT MEET!!!!!!!:bigthumb:

10. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

11. Batlground

Batlground Active Member

Where do you live? Atlanta

What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? Tracy is my name

What do you drive? 240SX S14

How modded is your ride? depends on which one.

Where do you usually by parts? I have a shop.

Do you visit any other local boards? All of them

Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way?GO!!!!!

Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you?

Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? My friend Matt!!! ang it Matt, I'm sorry again!!!! For the 50th time!!!

12. HalfBaked

HalfBaked New Member

Psst Tracy, I'm Matt.

I'm Matt, I live in Marietta, I drive a 92 se-r, it has a motor swap but still not running. I heard about this site a long ass time ago. Some guy IM'd me on AIM and told me to sign up.

13. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I didnt tell ya, I asked you :)

Welcome :bigthumb:

14. Batlground

Batlground Active Member

Matt, I love you. Maybe you should stay away from that Jimmy kid anyways. He's trouble :D

15. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

welcome people

16. GTscoob

Welcome welcome.

Its nice to see another vendor on board.

17. ADVNTUR

ADVNTUR New Member

1. Where you live? Brookhaven

2. Jeff

3. Silver 2004 WRX Wagon

4. Mods: Started with aftermarket audio, 17" Konig Holes, and Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires ... and that's all I need. Well, and a Prodrive Axelback, Kartboy short-throw shifter, Whiteline F/R anti-sway bars, Whiteline steering rack bushings, and Whiteline rear strut tower brace. But my mods are over ... that's all I'm doing to this car -- that's all I need. And a Cobb downpipe, Airborne up-pipe, boost gauge, and intake silencer removal. But that's it ... no more. Mod time is over. That's it -- I'm done. Well, except for maybe a Siegel-tuned Ecutek, D2 coilvers with camber plates, Panther+ brake pads, cleared headlights, and Yokohama A032R-H track tires on spray-painted (yes, spray-painted black) stock rims! But I promise -- that's it -- no more mods! Well ... except for .... It's a disease!

5. Parts: Most purchases have been through Subaru of Gwinnett, a couple from Airborne back in the day .. also Cobb and TopSpeed

6. Nasioc is the only other board I read.

7. Mostly go ... with a smidgen of show.

8. Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? always! I grew up driving Jeeps -- so the wave is a natural reaction.

9. Not sure where I heard of this board -- been lurking for a while. So many boards out there -- so little time. Anyway, I decided that it was time to get off my arse and get active with the local WRX community!

18. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Welcome to WRXAtlanta, yeah our Subies are unfortunately alot like crack, once you start, there is no stopping. They need to make a rehab clinic for upgrade junkies, I think our loved ones would probably sit down with each of us and have a nice friendly intervention, and that would work for a littel, then the modding woudl start pumping thru our blood and it would be time for some hardcore rehab, go cold turkey, that't the only way.

19. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Welcome buddy!

20. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Welcome!

21. GTscoob

Welcome to the madness

22. roorunner

roorunner New Member

Where do you live? Hiroshima, Japan

What do you preferred to be called (not your username)?
    Cal

What do you drive? 02 Blue WRX

How modded is your ride?
    VF39 turbo, ECU reflash, Samco hoses, 3/16th mod, Grounding Kit, Air filter upgrade, JIC coilovers, F/R swaybars, F/R Strut Tower Braces, Perrin endlinks, MRT 3" Turboback Exhaust, MRT uppipe, Steelbraided brake lines, Morette light kit Front/Rear, Zerosports wing risers, 17" Subzeros, Debadged, STi Foglight Covers, Kartboy shortshifter w/bushings, 35% tint, STi Pitchstop, Walbro fuel pump, 650 injectors, Aftermarket Sound system (more to come)

Where do you usually by parts? Wherever I can SEE the parts (no internet shopping)

Do you visit any other local boards? NASIOC

Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way?
    A little bit of everything

I usually flash my headlights...

Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? WRX portal

Last edited: Jul 7, 2005
  23. roorunner

roorunner New Member

Any good shops in the ATL area? Or do I have to go back to NY to get my parts?

24. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

welcome to the club guys...

theres a bunch of shops around here... topspeed, knowledge performance, and subaru of gwinnett are the ones i have been to and only have good things to say about all of them

25. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Hey welcome guy!

26. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Welcome...how do you pernounce your name so we don't f it up some day?

27. roorunner

roorunner New Member

The full nameis Li K'uei. The easiest way yo to say it

LaQwhy (why ask kuei).

28. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

Live in Duluth near 120 and satellite
    Kris
    I currently drive a 03 wrb wrx wagon.
    Current mods are Ecutec..Gutted uppipe..IHI VF22..STi 565 injectors..Invidia Turboback..Injen CAI..Injen FMIC..Kartboy Shifter Bushing..Mobul 1 Synthetic Tranny fluid and oil..STI stop pitch mount..STi tranny mount..AEM power pulley..Fumoto..Denzo colder plugs..Walbro FP..TEIN S springs..Whiteline 24mm Rear Sway Bar..Whiteline Solid Endlinks..Suby Dude slotted rotors all around..StopTech SS brake lines..Hawk Performance Pads..Motuf RBF 600 Brake Fluid..Noltec Steering Rack Bushings..STi hood scoop..STI genome front grill....STI fog light screens..STi shifter trim...MOMO Subaru shift knob..Blitz DATT...to be continued..
    Usually buy my parts from the internet..gruppe-s.com..worldoneperformace.com..etc..
    just moved to GA from Jax, FL..looking to make friends with some people with the same interests..
    Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? Yup
    Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? Heard about this board from Scott who works at SOG

Last edited: Jan 29, 2006
  29. 05WRXSTI

05WRXSTI Member

Sounds like an awesome car!

30. Weapon

bah..its gets me from point A to B..actually i love this car..hopefully i can install my turbo this weekend..we will see though..i have no garage :( ..trying to get my brother in law to let me use his for a few hours..

31. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

i've seen your car at best buy and on 85 south in the mornings but i wasn't in my wagon either time.. i actually have a pic of your car on my phone from 85. i'm not even 10 minutes away from you on pleasant hill. we should roll up to a meet together

32. Weapon

yea..sounds good..

33. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

it sounds like ur making some serious power... ever dyno it?

34. Weapon

well my car is in the shop right now getting a little fender bend out..i was supposed to install my new injectors and turbo today,.but since the shop is running behind i have no car to install it in..i was suppose to get dyno/road tuned this wednesday by scott at SoG..but its not looking that way :(

35. Weapon

oh and yerrow i cant see your pics..just a couple of red X's

36. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Welcome to WRXAtlanta Bro. Always nice to see another REX on the site. WELCOME WELCOME..

37. GTscoob

Hell yeah more wagon power!!

Kris if you're up at SoG say hello to my wagon which is awaiting its new transmission up there.

38. Weapon

yea thats one thing im worried about after i do my turbo swap..guess i better have an emergency fund available in case i break the tranny

39. AthensWRX

AthensWRX Member

Where do you live?
    Athens, GA
    What do you preferred to be called (not your username)?
    Blake
    What do you drive?
    04 WRX Sedan Blue
    How modded is your ride?
    Stock, for now
    Where do you usually by parts?
    haven't yet, just got it
    Do you visit any other local boards?
    nope
    going to be semi show, mostly go
    Have to
    Where did you find out about WRXatlanta?
    Google

Any other UGA kiddos out there? Also any ideas on REX shops in Athens or places close by that can do work?

40. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

welcome to the club blake... out of the shops i know, Subaru of Gwinnett is probably the most conveniently located for you... they're located about 5 min from the Boggs road exit (which i think is the first exit off 316)... ive been very happy with their work (both warranty related and performance related)... if u go there, talk to scott (performance) or niel (service and warranty)... and tell them that milo from wrxatlanta says wassup :D

41. ADVNTUR

ADVNTUR New Member

Welcome from a dawg from the early 90s! I second the SOG rec ... good guys to work with and relatively close to Athens. For some reason, I'd like to say "back in my day when we didn't have 316 ... " but must ... resist ... aging ... larger turbo ... and injectors ... may ... help. Seriously ... welcome aboard!

42. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

hello all...

Scott Siegel referred me here, nice forum... okay down to the dirt:

Where do you live?
    >> buford

What do you preferred to be called?
    >> jimmi, but monk works fine.

What do you drive?
    >> 04 silver wrx

How modded is your ride?
    >> prodrive III (tuned by :bowdown: scott, he rocks hard and loud)
    prodrive PFF-7 wheels
    kartboy SS
    whiteline sways front (24mm) and back (26mm)
    momo knob
    window tints: nanoceramic front, carbon fiber back

Where do you usually by parts?
    >> subaru of gwinnett (props to lisa, cindy, and my mech buddy neil)

Do you visit any other local boards?
    >> not really

>> mostly GO...but planning on morretts on the front and back, debadge the center subaru on trunk, add prodrive on the right trunk.

>> all the time

43. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

wassup jimmi... welcome to the club... every get ur car dyno'd?

44. monk

hi milo... glad to be here,

i haven't dyno'd yet, i will after they release the prodrive IV though.

i stop watched a 0-60 in 4.1 sec a little while ago, if that helps? i had some 4-wheel spin though, i might be able to get something better once i put pirelli's on. not that i'm into drag, but it's sort of a benchmark tool for me. other data, it pushes 18.5lbs 2nd thru 4th and 19.5lbs top-end 5th. scott did a sick job on it.

45. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

0-60 in 4.1sec :eek:
    after wheel spin!!!!!!!!!:eek3: :eek3:

u sure bout that?

46. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

:rolleyes: that would be really fast in the quarter then...4.1 is stupid fast for a wrx

47. monk

i think the clock was tripped at the right time, pretty sure. it was a nice cold day though, so maybe that had something to do with it? :confused: i would definitely conceed a couple tenths one way or the other, i know the trip could have been off by that much.

i launched at max tourque not redline (don't know why so many people do this in the wrx)

those kumhos (supras) are silent slippers, the clutch hooked up fine, and it felt like a bit of floating (maybe a tenth or so). when i do put the pirelli's on i'll give it another go in some more temperate weather. cause the cold is kinda cheating.

it's NOT something i like to do often, i know the tranny is just counting the strikes against me ;) i will be putting the STi 6 in eventually, but one headache at a time...

48. GTscoob

Hey Jimmi welcome to the club

How many new members have we had in the last week?!? Kinda crazy but good.

49. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

it's really hard to keep up with every new members. we should have a big G2G with all the members.

Jimmi, that's FAAASSSSTTTTT!!!

50. monk

maybe, i dunno, i know the mid to upper gearing is really not suited for drag. depends on what you consider a fast quater too, for some people a mid to upper 12 is fast, for others a low 11 is fast.

keep in mind this is after the prodrive III, and it feels like a different car. i rarely need to break 3k RPM during my daily drive to and from work. when it was stock i would regularly need to shift at 3000-3500 to keep up with traffic. it pulls very hard now, i've had it a month and i'm still working through the fine details of what happens when i do x-y- or z at a given rpm

i'll be going to one of scott's track days in the spring, so i'd be happy to let some of you take it for a spin to see what i'm talking about (no launching please .:D )

scott's done more than a few of these so maybe he can tell me if the dude timing me was on crack :bigthumb: